United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vidic was good. without him we'd possibly be out of the tie.

i've always rated evans and he's put in some good performances at times but he's clearly not ready yet. the sooner we get wes back to cover for rio and vidic the better.
He's been very poor last few games, got away with some shockers at Southampton. Wes should be back soon hopefully.

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Scabs

Very poor performances all round, with a few even appearing disinterested and many showing their lack of class. Disappointing night for Scholes, but that was a drop in the ocean compared to our defensive frailties...

A few cards marked last night, I imagine.

Still, we'll batter them at home.

Unread 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
puressence

nani ffs oshea ffs ..

Unread 08-01-2009, 10:08 AM
redhegemony

As my 12 year old observed O Shea looks frightened of the ball.

games like these make you realise how good the likes of ferdinand actually are. Vidic did his usual but Evans didn't fill the gaps as Rio does so space appeared. Coupled with the lack of disciple/ability by the full backs and the absence of any protection 1-0 was a good result.

Most disappointing: Tevez

Unread 08-01-2009, 10:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

I blame Berbatov, the lazy @#%&!.

Unread 08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
He's been very poor last few games, got away with some shockers at Southampton. Wes should be back soon hopefully.
Never £#%&!ing mind Wes, is Rio fit for sunday? And for £#%&!s sake can we give Foster a game, or is he Chris Kirkland again? As for O'Shea...hopefully it's the last we see of her this season.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:30 AM
borsuk

evans was shaky but he and vidic had their hands full as rafael and o'shea were out of position time and time again. the gaps were often the result of basic £#%&! ups by the full backs - getting caught out of position so there is space to run into, one of the centre halves ends up having to go across.

there was £#%&! all effort from nani defensively last night as well. fair enough if you're providing a ball out of defence but he didn't lose his marker, didn't find space and kept trying one-touch flicks on the halfway line when we needed to hold the ball up. £#%&!ing atrocious, nani last night. and that's not even mentioning his crossing

Unread 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I blame Berbatov, the lazy @#%&!.
That joke has now entered Jagielka and 'Spurs are gonna win the league' territory.

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

we were crap

it is only half time though

big game this weekend far more important than league cup