United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
More the midfield than the back 4, offering no protection at all, just letting runners go. Poor performance all round, nothing up front, little urgency to our play, Gibson has no idea how to play right hand side, every attack is coming down our left.

Nani looks the most likely to do something, but we do have real quality on the bench.
gibson is poor wide right in pretty much every way. play him in the middle or don't play him at all. preferably the latter - i'd far rather see possebon in a three with scholes and anderson.

anderson's positioning is still poor at times.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM
redmike

We look so lightweight up top and in midfield, the attacking part of utds game continues to be a major worry.

We will still win this though.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Sparky***

very poor. don't think one player can go off at half time with any credit. they've all been out fought and out thought so far.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
gibson is poor wide right in pretty much every way. play him in the middle or don't play him at all. preferably the latter - i'd far rather see possebon in a three with scholes and anderson.

anderson's positioning is still poor at times.
When you play with Scholes as he is now, the defensive side of his partners game has to be spot on, realize that he is a defensive problem and cover for him, probably why Gibson is playing, to give some added cover, just not working though.

Rafael as been quite poor, over committing and his touch has let him down on the ball.

Agree re Possebon, quicker feet and a better passer of the ball than Gibson, are we putting Gibson in the shop window, because it is difficult to undestand why he is getting games.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Spaniard

Bloody hell Wellbeck looks cumbersome, is he injured or something?

Get Gibson off. He isn't a wide player and offers nothing on the right.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Sparky***

southampton had a team full of youngsters, which is why our own young players had such an easy time of it the other night.

Derby have a team of old heads and tough, physical players and have shown that so far. Welbeck has been completely and totally dominated along with Tevez. They have done nothing. We have to show a bit of grit and urgency.

Scholes has had as poor a 45 mins as i've ever seen in a red shirt.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
southampton had a team full of youngsters, which is why our own young players had such an easy time of it the other night.

Derby have a team of old heads and tough, physical players and have shown that so far. Welbeck has been completely and totally dominated along with Tevez. They have done nothing. We have to show a bit of grit and urgency.

Scholes has given it away a few times, but he's played some sublime passes out to the right...shame its Gibson playing there.

At least Anderson has looked sharp, shame he hasnt found the killer ball though.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Blagger

Everytime John O'Shea touches the ball a little part of me dies

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
naes_sean

£#%&!ing shite! Throughout the team. From the back to the front.

In regards to Nani, he's never going to make it at United. Can't cross, can't run with the ball, can't beat a man.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Sparky***

our instabilty stems from the back. I don't care what anyone says. We've got 3 really £#%&!ing unsteady players in our back line. PIG, O'shea and Evans look so £#%&!ing uncomfortable when put under a bit of pressure it's untrue. Even just basic things, like calling for a loose ball they're making a meal of it.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
no fun

its all a plot...........lose this 1-0, it will mean more interest/ticket sales for the home leg

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

O'Shea is outdoing himself today. I've seen Gabriel Heinze judge bounces better than he has, it's embarrassing.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
its all a plot...........lose this 1-0, it will mean more interest/ticket sales for the home leg

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
O'Shea is outdoing himself today. I've seen Gabriel Heinze judge bounces better than he has, it's embarrassing.
You'd think he was trying to trap a ball with helium in it, wouldn't you?

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean

In regards to Nani, he's never going to make it at United. Can't cross, can't run with the ball, can't beat a man.

He's been a massive dissapointment this season, he sees so much of the ball but does £#%&! all with it.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

agreed Todd is a hard old pro, Hulse could do a job for a better team than these too.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
He's been a massive dissapointment this season, he sees so much of the ball but does £#%&! all with it.
when he was one v one with andy todd, yes that's 57 year old ANDY TODD, i was shouting 'skin the @#%&!'. be he £#%&!ing naused that up too.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
agreed. gone backwards. I think the ronaldo to real situation this summer was hardest on him.

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Everytime John O'Shea touches the ball a little part of me dies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
John O'Shea is a @#%&!

nft

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:48 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
agreed. gone backwards. I think the ronaldo to real situation this summer was hardest on him.
or the fact he was coming on leaps and bounds last season and has not been starting as many games as he should while a player who is deployed purely to 'stop the opposition' gets in the team ahead of him.

he should be starting most games and getting an understanding etc, instead he is tosses in some random line up every two weeks and expected to perform and 'prove' himself.

bad management from saf imo.