United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:26 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
nice one, captain

we're stuck in time warp!
Billy I am lost in the haze of my own ineptitude.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Come on everyone, look harder, there has to be a striker on that bench somewhere!!
agreed. the bench has a similar look to sunday.

i didn't see anderson in pre-season. was he really not ready for a punt on tonights bench. glad to see eagles, he looked superb.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I've got a bad feeling about tonight.

That team doesn't look right.

Agreed.
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I'm not happy about our 'interchanging' wingers formation.
I know it can't be helped that we're missing strikers, but you'd like to think either Giggs or Ronaldo would go upfront & support Tevez properly.
As it is I fear Tevez will end up isolated as we have Nani, Ronnie & Giggs confusing eachother.
Would be nice to see Scholes & Carrick (particuarly Scholesy) get forward a bit better tonight.

Must win game.
nft.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Whalefish

Last pre-season game CQ said Anderson was 2 weeks away from the required level of fitness. The friendlies he played in were less intense than an indoor training session.

Hargreaves. No idea, although Ste's bob on about the knock to the knee. Precautionary if nothing else. Won't be surprised if he features against Citeh on Sunday.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:34 PM
borsuk

must win is all a bit melodramatic. but it's a should-win game and that team is more than good enough to do it. giggs can be very good in the no 10 role but he needs to be disciplined and show for the ball - he can go missing and then we end up with too much of a gap between m/f and attack.

i fancy we'll see a very different attitude tonight.

4-0 to united.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:36 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
must win is all a bit melodramatic. but it's a should-win game and that team is more than good enough to do it. giggs can be very good in the no 10 role but he needs to be disciplined and show for the ball - he can go missing and then we end up with too much of a gap between m/f and attack.

i fancy we'll see a very different attitude tonight.

4-0 to united.

I find this re-assuring.

Thank you as I am nervous about this one.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Whalefish

Is Campbell and O'Neil playing for them tonight? The latter always tends to have a good game against us. If Campbell isn't playing that's a big blow.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Butt-hole Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Is Campbell and O'Neil playing for them tonight? The latter always tends to have a good game against us. If Campbell isn't playing that's a big blow.
Cambpell and Lauren are out

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Hargreaves. No idea, although Ste's bob on about the knock to the knee. Precautionary if nothing else. Won't be surprised if he features against Citeh on Sunday.
He's bob on that he got a knock that set him back.

But it could be just precautionary.

Then again, it might have just flared up a bit more than expected/hoped.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
James, Craine, Pamarot, Distin, Hreidarsson, Utaka, Davis, Pedro Mendes, Muntari, Nugent, Mwaruwari
bench - Ashdown, Kanu, Taylor, Hughes, Traore

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt-hole Surfer
Cambpell and Lauren are out
Touch.

I'm hoping our centre backs stay awake, that Utaka is supposed to be mint.

Unread 15-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I'm hoping our centre backs stay awake, that Utaka is supposed to be mint.
Looked very lively at the weekend. Quick, strong and a good shot on him.

Unread 15-08-2007, 07:10 PM
borsuk

scholesy!

first of over a hundred we'll get this season
Closed Thread