United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I think you're right watcher, although I thought we needed all 6 points off them to make us firm favourites.

They will grind out a succession of 1-0 victories that we won't be able to match and even if we beat them at their place I don't think it will make up the difference.

All that said we're very much in it at the moment and a decent midfielder and striker in january might make all the difference.
Agree with that mate. But do we have the funds to bring in two players of the required quality? I have my doubts.

December/January fixtures are where squads are tested most. I think it something like 5 games in 15 or so days? Can't play the same XI every game. That's where out squad player (fletcher and o'shea) will £#%&! it up for us.

However, in 1999 we drew and lost to Arsenal and still won the title. So we have a chance. Will probably have to win at the Bridge next season...

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Macca1990

I don't know why but I just can't shake the feeling of utter dissapointment

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agree with that mate. But do we have the funds to bring in two players of the required quality? I have my doubts.

December/January fixtures are where squads are tested most. I think it something like 5 games in 15 or so days? Can't play the same XI every game. That's where out squad player (fletcher and o'shea) will £#%&! it up for us.

However, in 1999 we drew and lost to Arsenal and still won the title. So we have a chance. Will probably have to win at the Bridge next season...
i think the last time we failed to beat arsenal we won the prem
also late december park and ole will be back

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:33 PM
jem

with a six-point lead, our squad still looks thin.

who would really have thought we'd even be three points ahead at this point?

I'm just glad we're there.

it's a shame we handed them the initiative in the second half, though.

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
I don't know why but I just can't shake the feeling of utter dissapointment
it's because we showed we were better than them and went 1-0 up. we didn't have the confidence to tighten our grip around their throats.

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's because we showed we were better than them and went 1-0 up. we didn't have the confidence to tighten our grip around their throats.
Your probably right but even after the arse match I wasnt this down probably because we deserved to lose that match the way I feel you'd have thought we'd been tonked 6-0 I'm sure we will bounce back against the scousers though

Unread 26-11-2006, 06:48 PM
silv

at least lampard didnt score

Unread 26-11-2006, 07:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we didn't have the confidence to tighten our grip around their throats.
I dunno. Andy Gray is a #@&%! but he's right when he says that at this level you are never going to dominate a side like Chelsea for the entire game. We were superb in the firt half, but they were bound to get into the game at some point. Like Fergie says - they didn't actually create many chances, and it's unfortunate that we gifted them possession and then were unlucky with Saha's attempted clearance.

Unread 26-11-2006, 07:13 PM
S/Side.Red

What the £#%&! is vCash?

Unread 26-11-2006, 07:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Giggs decided he'd wander in all the 2nd half allowing Essien to have a free half down the right.

Unread 26-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Tiberian

A fairly good performance, defended well, were competitive all over the pitch and played the more incisive football in terms of creating chances. We tired though in the second half, they stretched the play and made us run, and it took its toll on the likes of Giggs and Scholes.

Our ball rentention was not as as it has been, however Chelsea are very diffcult to play against and pass through. Thought Ronaldo had a tremendous match, caused them massive problems.

The squad depth will stop us from winning this league. We need 3 players, a Saha alternative and a winger and Hargreaves.

Was hoping for more form Rooney today.

Unread 26-11-2006, 09:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What the £#%&! is vCash?
http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=1544

Unread 27-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
That is a £#%&!ing quality idea.

Unread 27-11-2006, 08:02 AM
magic_cantona

Happy with the draw, considering I thought Chelsea would win 1-0 with a stuffy, deflected Lampard goal.

Thought it was an even game really.We could have added to our lead and that would have been that.I'm glad we showed that we are a £#%&!ing good team and we never got rolled over.

Still top of the league.

Unread 27-11-2006, 09:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Cheers. Nice addition.
Closed Thread