United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Deffo.

Don't know about anyone else but I warn my missus from coming anywhere near me whilst the games on, if she tries to sit next to me, I £#%&! her off to the other sofa.

I've been known to sit in the same position all the way through the match if we're playing well, Not daring to move incase we start playing shit.

Got pins and needles in my arms and legs a few times.
i changed into my lucky tracksuit bottoms at half time and wore 1 slipper.

dunk

The missus cousin, husband and 6 year old boy turned up, the husband and boy would not shut the £#%&! up! The boy kept shouting OFFSIDE! every time the ball was played, by anyone, anywhere. I could've £#%&!ing killed him. I £#%&!ing hate having to pay attention to people when United are on, not amused.

Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Agreed on all counts. Berbatov is such a rarity that he may go his entire career never finding the right team or style. It's almost like he's playing a different game, and has lots of moments where what he's doing just does not mesh at all with what everyone else, teammates and opponents alike, are doing.

But then, in his own way and at his own pace, he does things that not many other players can do. The way he set Rooney up at the end of the first half, for example. The way he brings down balls under pressure can't be overrated, especially today with Vidic and Evans (in particular) playing such sloppy balls out of the back.
Exactly. The number of times tonight he kept possession when being challenged - kicked - by two or three players was amazing. I think his real value will be seen next season.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:57 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I moved the remote control from one arm of the sofa to the other, and rearranged the photos on the mantelpiece, and changed my United calendar back to April where Giggsy is the player for April.

Unread 13-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Sloane

In the car on the way back, £#%&!in delighted had to pay £50 for the privelage but worth it. Saw few people getting chucked out in the Wigan end. Hope it wasn't mark corrigan!! Let's not over analyse tonight we didn't play well really but the united spirit came through. Styles is a #@&%!

Unread 13-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Part 36 Offer

Can anyone sum these 17 pages up for me, please?

Have the usual suspects been on form?

Unread 13-05-2009, 11:29 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
In the car on the way back, £#%&!in delighted had to pay £50 for the privelage but worth it. Saw few people getting chucked out in the Wigan end. Hope it wasn't mark corrigan!! Let's not over analyse tonight we didn't play well really but the united spirit came through. Styles is a #@&%!
cheers mate.

what were the goals like and who scored?

Unread 13-05-2009, 11:43 PM
wiganste

This forum

Unread 13-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
cheers mate.

what were the goals like and who scored?
please try harder

Unread 13-05-2009, 11:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Deffo.

Don't know about anyone else but I warn my missus from coming anywhere near me whilst the games on, if she tries to sit next to me, I £#%&! her off to the other sofa.

I've been known to sit in the same position all the way through the match if we're playing well, Not daring to move incase we start playing shit.

Got pins and needles in my arms and legs a few times.
Word.

Unread 14-05-2009, 12:07 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

I had the pleasure of watching this in a pub full of plastic scouse fans

Unread 14-05-2009, 12:15 AM
marlo

i sometimes find myself standing up watching a game on the box and getting close to the tv or sometimes even walking around like lunatic.

i don't think i can sit down for more than 10 minutes.
probably get that from my days before I decided to not go because of the glazers.

Unread 14-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

don't suppose anyone could serve up a link to the goals ? anyone able to put an english commentary crust on my football pie can be considered a superstar - for tonight at least.

Unread 14-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Agreed on all counts. Berbatov is such a rarity that he may go his entire career never finding the right team or style. It's almost like he's playing a different game, and has lots of moments where what he's doing just does not mesh at all with what everyone else, teammates and opponents alike, are doing.

But then, in his own way and at his own pace, he does things that not many other players can do. The way he set Rooney up at the end of the first half, for example. The way he brings down balls under pressure can't be overrated, especially today with Vidic and Evans (in particular) playing such sloppy balls out of the back.

Good post.

Special shout to Sheasy again tonight, constantly overlapped and deserved his assist

Unread 14-05-2009, 04:44 AM
Weekend Rockstar

Had 85 quid on united, thank £#%&! for carrick

Unread 14-05-2009, 07:36 AM
caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
don't suppose anyone could serve up a link to the goals ? anyone able to put an english commentary crust on my football pie can be considered a superstar - for tonight at least.
https://www.youtube.com/user/c4yito
Closed Thread