United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the man they claimed would replace pogba.

mad ting
He kinda did. Filled that ‘massive waste of space’ gap in the squad with some aplomb.

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
the man they claimed would replace pogba.

mad ting

a tree stump could have replaced pogba

Tempted to put VdB up there with Antony and PP as one of the worst signings in our history. £40m and had about half a good game that one time (can't remember against who).

We have literally the worst player acquisiton of any top flight club in the world. Which is strange considering how well run we are

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
a tree stump could have replaced pogba

Tempted to put VdB up there with Antony and PP as one of the worst signings in our history. £40m and had about half a good game that one time (can't remember against who).

We have literally the worst player acquisiton of any top flight club in the world. Which is strange considering how well run we are
Mad how after all these years you still know absolutely £#%&! all about the game of football......

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Mad how after all these years you still know absolutely £#%&! all about the game of football......

Yeah my bad, £120m for *checks google* 9 goals & 4 assists in 104 games between them is an absolutely stunning ROI.

You're wasted cooking roasties pal , how are you not scouting for Madrid with your judgement on players.....

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yeah my bad, £120m for *checks google* 9 goals & 4 assists in 104 games between them is an absolutely stunning ROI.

You're wasted cooking roasties pal , how are you not scouting for Madrid with your judgement on players.....
ROI's !!!! sling it wolf of walkden street....

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:48 AM
redhegemony

We have always struggled to some degree even when successful. The pressure at United for a player is immense like Barca or Madrid. There is no English comparison.

Go back over the last 50 years and you can find plenty of examples of players who have struggled to cope. McDougal, Davenport, Birtley look at all the keepers post Stepney who haven't made it.

Plenty in recent times even with Fergie who was known for his diligence. Some spectacular failures some just average.

In the Entertainment business at least 50% of products lose money, our failure rate probably isn't dissimilar.

DvdB is just more obvious as clearly none of the managers have rated him.

Unread 19-12-2023, 10:51 AM
Baron

Donny always looked like a kid in welly boots trying to kick the ball, he's anaemic, a catastrophic lack of vit-d likely meant a move to Manchester & not being on a few thousand mg a day of supplements was always going to result in failure.

Should have had him hooked up to a Tropicana IV from day one, unfortunately I suspect he was kept underground, saw less sun than that poor Fritzl girl

Good luck to him.

Unread 19-12-2023, 11:04 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
ROI's !!!! sling it wolf of walkden street....

Unread 19-12-2023, 11:12 AM
marlo

Anthony and vdb are way worse that Paul pogba….
You have to question some motives saying they were all as bad as each other….

Let’s even keep it basic
As footballers pogba actually had some good games for united, you tell me one good game vdb or Antony have actually had for United?

Unread 19-12-2023, 11:15 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Let’s even keep it basic
As footballers pogba actually had some good games for united, you tell me one good game vdb or Antony have actually had for United?
You're always going on about Paul Pogba. Let it go Lynn, you're never going to meet him.

Unread 19-12-2023, 11:19 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Let’s even keep it basic

This is true but Pogba had the most extraordinary set of skills, one of the most talented players I have ever seen, which makes his performances all the worse.

Unread 19-12-2023, 11:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Let’s even keep it basic

Unread 19-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:

Unread 19-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
you tell me one good game vdb or Antony have actually had for United?
Antony knocked the famous Barcelona out of Europe with a scorching curling shot to advance Manchester United into the next round..

Europa League›

Man United 2 Barcelona 1

Aggregate: 4 - 3
Fred 47'
Antony 73'

Unread 19-12-2023, 02:38 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Antony knocked the famous Barcelona out of Europe with a scorching curling shit to advance Manchester United into the next round..

Europa League›

Man United 2 Barcelona 1

Aggregate: 4 - 3
Fred 47'
Antony 73'

Unread 19-12-2023, 02:39 PM
tatty

Failures like Pogba annoy me far more because they can play.

VdB is utterly baffling.

Unread 19-12-2023, 03:03 PM
Lok

Pogba is probably the biggest post-Fergie frustration.

I really thought he would tear the league apart and would be the differrence to push us on to titles again in a decent Mourinho team. He constantly failed to deliver and he doesn't really have anyone to blame other than himself. The fact he's gone to Italy and barely played followed by a failed drugs test tells you everything you need to know about him and why everyone is so frustrated with him. He could have had it all.

VdB on the other hand was just never good enough. The blame for him lies solely with the club/Woodward. He wasn't wanted by Ole when he was signed, we didn't have a position in the team for him and he looked poor when he did actually get minutes.

Unread 19-12-2023, 04:03 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Pogba is probably the biggest post-Fergie frustration.

I really thought he would tear the league apart and would be the differrence to push us on to titles again in a decent Mourinho team. He constantly failed to deliver and he doesn't really have anyone to blame other than himself. The fact he's gone to Italy and barely played followed by a failed drugs test tells you everything you need to know about him and why everyone is so frustrated with him. He could have had it all.

VdB on the other hand was just never good enough. The blame for him lies solely with the club/Woodward. He wasn't wanted by Ole when he was signed, we didn't have a position in the team for him and he looked poor when he did actually get minutes.
And to add insult to injury he’s clearly got f all ambition anyway, happy to sit earning a fat wage and never playing…

Unread 19-12-2023, 04:08 PM
andyroo

Pogba has famously gone on to really show us what we're missing

Unread 06-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Zorg

Amazingly, Zinedine van der Beek didn't make Eintracht Frankfurt's Conference League squad, but their three other January signings did.