Full match

Whiteside's onside

Unread 07-04-2020, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

Of course he was

Unread 07-04-2020, 07:36 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

My first season going as a five year old. Went to about 10 home games all season and went to the semi final replay at Maine road. Me dad said I was a good luck charm and if he could get me a ticket he would take me to the final. Had no joy as I didn't have a full token sheet (remember those?!) but then a couple of days before the final my uncle Paul nearly had his arm ripped off in an accident at work. His arm got caught in machinery at the MFI factory. His loss was my gain. I remember everything about the day and can still close my eyes and see the goal in my minds eye.
Cool story bro.

Unread 07-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
My first season going as a five year old. Went to about 10 home games all season and went to the semi final replay at Maine road. Me dad said I was a good luck charm and if he could get me a ticket he would take me to the final. Had no joy as I didn't have a full token sheet (remember those?!) but then a couple of days before the final my uncle Paul nearly had his arm ripped off in an accident at work. His arm got caught in machinery at the MFI factory. His loss was my gain. I remember everything about the day and can still close my eyes and see the goal in my minds eye.
Cool story bro.
Nice of him to lend a hand like that

Unread 07-04-2020, 07:53 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Nice of him to lend a hand like that

Unread 07-04-2020, 07:55 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Cool story bro.

Unread 07-04-2020, 07:56 PM
HarkNowHear

Tremendous viewing

Great challenge on Sid James from ooh ahh late in the 2nd half of extra time.

Unread 07-04-2020, 07:57 PM
no fun

Quote:
Cool story bro.
£#%&!ing MFI

I bet if your uncles arm got reattached it fell off again within a month

Unread 07-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Remember the uproar about Kevin Moran being the first ever red card in an FA Cup final - didn’t even get his medal?

Unread 07-04-2020, 08:03 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
f***ing MFI

I bet if your uncles arm got reattached it fell off again within a month

He was in Hope hospital for a good few weeks and the scar is still grim to this day.
He was lucky he didn't die. He finished his shift and had to clean down the machine. Apparently you had to put some sort of plastic cover over the start button to show other workers someone was still working on it. The plastic thing was loose, the next lad started his shift switched it on and pulled his arm through, he was lucky the lad working the machine somehow heard his screams and managed to stop it in time before it dragged his full body through.
Still, nice that I got his ticket.

Unread 08-04-2020, 07:56 AM
believe

I’d have give my uncles left arm for a ticket to that match. Like bonkers that was my first match going season proper (did four games) and remember it like it was yesterday. My old man went and wore a black hat and told me to watch out for him. Spent the entire game looking for him wondering why they wouldn’t show him because he was wearing a black hat.

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:06 AM
tatty

I remember running out in to our street when Whiteside scored...absolutely deliriously happy.

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:12 AM
92ToBury

Nightmare when Moran got sent off. Big Ron’s reaction at the final whistle.

First red card in an FA Cup Final. Followed three years later by the first penalty miss.

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:14 AM
BarryX

Great memories of the match, at a time when the FA Cup just seemed to mean a lot more than it does today.

From the video I can't believe how small Jesper Olsen looks. He's waif-like. His hair probably weighs more than his torso!! Great little player, mind

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:32 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Great memories of the match, at a time when the FA Cup just seemed to mean a lot more than it does today.

From the video I can't believe how small Jesper Olsen looks. He's waif-like. His hair probably weighs more than his torso!! Great little player, mind
There was a whole day of programming with an FA Cup theme.

And Fergie passed over the opportunity to sign John Barnes because we had Olsen...who he eventually binned anyway and tried to replace with absolute crap until Giggs appeared.

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:49 AM
92ToBury

That’d be great if it was from 1985.

Unread 08-04-2020, 10:55 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
That’d be great if it was from 1985.
just the 10 years out

Unread 08-04-2020, 11:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
just the 10 years out
up next, 2009 and 2011 European Cup Finals with extended coverage and a montage of Agueros winner against QPR

Unread 08-04-2020, 11:40 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
up next, 2009 and 2011 European Cup Finals with extended coverage and a montage of Agueros winner against QPR
Hold my beer