United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
_
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:15 AM
silv

Default Vegetarianism

Have you ever been a veggie? Do you think you could do it?

I was one for about 6 months. Found it quite easy tbh, dont think I could do it again especially on a high protein diet...

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Jethro

Ten years, Vegan for one. It's a piece of piss these days with all the substitutes you can get. When I started all I ate was chips and beans.

I think my wife is going to go back to being veggie once the little person arrives. I am converted

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
silv

You're a full time veggie then pal?

I suppose with Quorn its pretty easy actually. Cheap and healthy. The only real meat I eat is chicken and turkey anyway with beef chucked in as a treat.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:26 AM
irk

I share the same attitude to food as kowalski

ryanMUFC

Why become a veggie if you like meat?
Are there even any health benefits?

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Why become a veggie if you like meat?
Are there even any health benefits?
I think some people do it out of a sense of morality pal.

could be one of the reasons

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Jethro

No no knocked it on the head about two years ago, I still use a mince substitute though.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

f***ing idiots.

cant beat meat

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
No no knocked it on the head about two years ago, I still use a mince substitute though.
do you walk funny, when you're cooking?

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

could be one of the reasons
Animals get slaughtered no matter what, it's not like they get killed accurately to meet the demand of people who eat meat. Pal.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Zorg

About ten years now. Originally it was for diet reasons, I had chronic IBS and it completely eliminated that. Though there's also the ethical side.

The hassle you get is quite bizarre though. I couldn't give a flying f*** what other people eat but as soon as it comes out I don't eat meat it's the end of the world

Each to their own I say.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:30 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Animals get slaughtered no matter what, it's not like they get killed accurately to meet the demand of people who eat meat. Pal.
Yes but silv thinks it's immoral. Well for six months he does, then he thinks it's ok again.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Crumps

I would rather be dead.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
About ten years now. Originally it was for diet reasons, I had chronic IBS and it completely eliminated that. Though there's also the ethical side.

The hassle you get is quite bizarre though. I couldn't give a flying f*** what other people eat but as soon as it comes out I don't eat meat it's the end of the world

Each to their own I say.
It's because p****s like silv give you a bad reputation. The only reason silv ever becomes a veggie is so that he can say he's a veggie.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
elephantstone

I do a month every year or so then the lure of bacon butties pulls me in

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Each to their own I say.
Weird isn't it?

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Bernard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

f***ing idiots.

cant beat meat
HaHaHaHa You must do it on purpose surely? Would love to hear your Everard routine Larry.

Its the morality issue for me, worked on my Aunties farm for a long time. Got to know the animals (Ohh big eared boys on farms) and they have personalities each ones different, just like us. The cattle knew were they were going once they reached the slaughter house. They f***in panic. Very horrible to see.

I still eat fish, but f*** em they are only fish.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard1
I still eat fish, but f*** em they are only fish.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM
silv

How have I given anyone a bad name??

It's obvious that some people choose not to eat meat because of the pain and suffering of animals. I am not one of these people. I actually agree with Ryan that I personally won't make a difference. However some people are of a lot stronger moral fibre than me.

Unread 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yes but silv thinks it's immoral. Well for six months he does, then he thinks it's ok again.

It seems like at least half of vegetarians do it for something to talk about and to make it look like they have something about them. Most people have food they don't eat, it's not going to change the world if you don't eat it or put you on some moral high ground.
Closed Thread