United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Car Finance

are there any websites where you can search for a car by options such as monthly payment, low/no deposit etc?

trying to sort out a new car and it's a f***ing nightmare.

Unread 20-07-2012, 07:25 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
are there any websites where you can search for a car by options such as monthly payment, low/no deposit etc?

trying to sort out a new car and it's a f***ing nightmare.
Lease is the way forward mate.

I lease mine and get a new car every 3 years.

Unread 20-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Lease is the way forward mate.

I lease mine and get a new car every 3 years.
any links, pol?

what's the script with leasing for non-business use?

Unread 20-07-2012, 07:48 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
any links, pol?

what's the script with leasing for non-business use?
You can go with any lease company, I went direct to the VW dealer cos I got a better deal with them.

I'm on non business.
I got free servicing, free mot's. tank of fuel.
Warranty as standard.

Got a decent p/x for my car too.

I'd shop about first, you can always haggle with the dealers. I did.

Unread 20-07-2012, 07:52 PM
lookingforeric

Lease is the best idea but only if you know you are going to stick within the agreed mileage

Unread 20-07-2012, 07:54 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
Lease is the best idea but only if you know you are going to stick within the agreed mileage
Piece of piss, when they ask you what mileage you do on average just add an d extra 3k on top.

When it comes to the agreement you should never go anywhere near it.

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:03 PM
lookingforeric

Quote:
Piece of piss, when they ask you what mileage you do on average just add an d extra 3k on top.

When it comes to the agreement you should never go anywhere near it.

Interesting. I went for the finance route on my car because when i looked into leasing most companies were saying 10k plus X amount per extra mile I've done 20k since nov through work and driving to various united aways. do you think that they would have allowed me to clock up such mileage?

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:10 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Interesting. I went for the finance route on my car because when i looked into leasing most companies were saying 10k plus X amount per extra mile I've done 20k since nov through work and driving to various united aways. do you think that they would have allowed me to clock up such mileage?
I'm not sure it differs from company to company tbh.

I had lots of options to choose from.

Mine runs out in April, but deffo doing it again.

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:12 PM
forzagarza

I imagine leasing is a good incentive to actually take care of the car as well. Something that I have never ever done.

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:13 PM
dragflick

Quote:
This is my problem. Most deals are 10k a year and I'd fly past that with work/sport etc. Get a healthy 'mileage' allowance from work of 638 a month, so I took a loan out from the bank (jack- this is a better way than car finance if possible, better rate of apr etc) and bought a car instead. Then when it's paid off I'll have something to sell to recoup some money compared to leasing.

Saying that there's some cracking leasing deals on at the minute. Leasingoptions.co.uk is one of the ones we use. They had an A3 sport on there the other week for something daft like 189 a month and 10,000 miles a year allowance. Again, not enough for me and couldn't be arsed mile watching etc.

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:14 PM
lookingforeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
I imagine leasing is a good incentive to actually take care of the car as well. Something that I have never ever done.
If anything the opposite,If i knew i didn't have to pay for servicing et al id rag f*** ouutta it

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:21 PM
forzagarza

yep but don't you have to pay for any damage if there is any at the end of the term?

Unread 20-07-2012, 08:25 PM
red @rmy

I fancy a Merc next tbh.

If it wasn't for the nipper, I'd go for the sports coupe.

Unread 20-07-2012, 09:06 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I fancy a Merc next tbh.
They were doing great deals a few months back. Brand new C class for around 300 a month, with the dealers knocking off 5-7K from list.

Unread 20-07-2012, 09:07 PM
redhegemony

It's not called leasing but something else the Mazda one is PCP

http://www.mazda.co.uk/buyingamazda/...ance/contract/

Done 2 of these - got new car and no worries about MOT etc but for me it was a getting a very cheap to run car M2 35 tax cheap insurance and great mileage.

Was amazed at how fast the first one we had was 1.4 light as anything was quick as Bellion.

Unread 20-07-2012, 09:08 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
They were doing great deals a few months back. Brand new C class for around 300 a month, with the dealers knocking off 5-7K from list.
Still doing them in some places, my deal doesn't end till April.

Unread 20-07-2012, 09:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Still doing them in some places, my deal doesn't end till April.
http://www.leasingoptions.co.uk/busi...5/vehicle.aspx

Unread 20-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

cheers lads, some good advice.

i'm thinking merc too. got an a4 at the moment that's been good, but every f***er seems to be driving one these days.

might just get a smart car or a fiat one, tbh.

Unread 20-07-2012, 10:16 PM
The Mull

Quote:
cheers lads, some good advice.

i'm thinking merc too. got an a4 at the moment that's been good, but every f***er seems to be driving one these days.

might just get a smart car or a fiat one, tbh.
Did you flog all the Datsuns Jacko?

Unread 21-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Did you flog all the Datsuns Jacko?
the datsuns, pol?

phoned audi up before just to see how much it would cost to replace my a4 with a new one, and they wanted a 5k deposit and 365 a month for 3 years it's cheaper on their webiste, the german tw*ts.
Closed Thread