United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 10-09-2022, 08:40 AM
Chorlton74

Question Google Chrome

every time i open it, it pops up with a new browser page saying i'm the 16th billion person to be a winner of an unknown prize.

any idea how to stop?

cheers

Unread 10-09-2022, 08:45 AM
Poop

Stop entering competitions then.

*spybotsearch & destroy

*Malwarebytes anti malware free version (disable realtime monitoring, its a nuisance)

Neither have ever let me down.

Unread 10-09-2022, 09:03 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
every time i open it, it pops up with a new browser page saying i'm the 16th billion person to be a winner of an unknown prize.

any idea how to stop?

cheers
Do what Poop said, then if that doesn't work check any extensions you have installed on Chrome (Ad-blockers, cookie blockers) any thing like that? Had a well known ad-blocker for years and one day it started injecting ads into youtube and google.

If you do delete them one by one and see if it fixes the problem (and then reinstall the ones that were OK)

Unread 10-09-2022, 09:05 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Do what Poop said, then if that doesn't work check any extensions you have installed on Chrome (Ad-blockers, cookie blockers) any thing like that? Had a well known ad-blocker for years and one day it started injecting ads into youtube and google.

If you do delete them one by one and see if it fixes the problem (and then reinstall the ones that were OK)
should have said its on my phone. not claimed any prizes yet . they've just started binging up last couple of days.

Unread 10-09-2022, 09:14 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
should have said its on my phone. not claimed any prizes yet . they've just started binging up last couple of days.
Download bitdefender free on your phone and give it a scan.

Also have you got any, lets say, less reputable apps on your phone? Would be worth removing them if bitdefender can't pick anything up.

Unread 10-09-2022, 09:25 AM
Poop

Grindr has been known to interfere with Chrome.

To add to the above, go to the app settings on your phone, find Chrome and tap the uninstall updates button (if available). It'll return Chrome to its pure virginal state when you got your phone.

Unread 10-09-2022, 09:27 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Grindr has been known to interfere with Chrome.