United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:23 PM
saffers

Default Sausages - favourite type, best way to prepare etc

Sausage for breakfast a bit much for me.

Strictly a grill/bbq food for me.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:27 PM
tatty

Boerewors...amazing sausage.

Grill, fry or bbq.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:27 PM
armchair

Although technically all sausages most of them wouldn't be what we commonly call sausages. I think second-last pair on the right are closest although the first on the left could be - hard to tell from pic.

Bog standard uk/ire breakfast sausages without any pretense are king.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:28 PM
Bunker Buster

These are euro sausages, remind me of German, wursts if you will...

Hotdogs are thinner, boiled.

UK / Ireland breakfast sausages, pork, all types, including with added, leek, herbs etc are king

Chicken sausage - bin.

Mustard choice of sauce

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:30 PM
Patty_b

Any time.

Any place.

Fried. Grilled. Oven. Bbq'd.

On its own. In a bun. In a butty. In some mash. In some pastry. In a pie. In a stew. On a pizza.

Royalty of meats.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:31 PM
BarryX

Grilled Turkish sudjuk (beef and garlic sausages) for me. A little crispy on the outside, succulent in the middle, with some spice running through them. Food of the Gods NQAT, especially with a drink.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:35 PM
armchair

Almost worth a thread in it's own right but:

sausage rolls

they are a cruel mistress and actually one of the few things i use ketchup with.

Always annoyed when I see them in the house. Have to eat them though.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:36 PM
dunk

The great British Banger one of those things that aren’t done right in many other places.

Local butcher does a chilli pork sausage, fantastic not on a breakfast though.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Drexl

I worked at Walls one summer, making sausages (Walls and Richmonds) and scotch eggs

The stories aren't true (lips and a******s etc ) but do yourself a favour and get them from a good butcher imo. You need meat in them, the Wall's ones are all fat and breadcrumbs.

In fact, they used to bring the blocks of fat in, and they were about the size of the yellow pages, with the thinnest sliver of red meat on them, and big thick pig hairs growing out of it. Stood on one once and my foot shout out from under me and I landed on my back

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Poop

Butcher sausages are best but these are amongst the best shop bought ones

Bloody love sausages me. Can't beat a big one or two with a bit of toast before bed.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Butcher sausages are best but these are amongst the best shop bought ones

Bloody love sausages me. Can't beat a big one or two with a bit of toast before bed.
Yeah they are a classic.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:51 PM
Arnold Muhren

Can’t eat normal ‘tubes of woe’ sausages but agree that getting proper ones from a butcher is definitely the way to go.

Can we count chorizo? Went to Miller & Carter yesterday and had the mini chorizo sausage starter. Was amazing.

Unread 23-06-2022, 06:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Can’t eat normal ‘tubes of woe’ sausages but agree that getting proper ones from a butcher is definitely the way to go.

Can we count chorizo? Went to Miller & Carter yesterday and had the mini chorizo sausage starter. Was amazing.
love chorza but i'm not going to eat a whole one so consider them sausages in name only.