United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default peer to peer lending

anyone do this? heard mixed reports but thinking of giving it a whirl to avoid the negged rates/dead savings.

heard mintos is a good site. anyone used that or any others? proper friday night thread

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:07 PM
armchair

I don't understand it enough to do it. It's high risk. If someone doesn't want to pay you back there's nothing you can do afaik.

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:11 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
anyone do this? heard mixed reports but thinking of giving it a whirl to avoid the negged rates/dead savings.

heard mintos is a good site. anyone used that or any others? proper friday night thread
What rates of return do you get?

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
What rates of return do you get?
6 - 12% is showing on Mintos. depends if you do a custom portfolio or choose one of their options, conservative, diversified, high risk.

they seem to work with around 60 companies that arrange loans with thousands of people. you (plus others on the site) essentially fund those loans with your cash. never more than 15% of what you put in is with one lender so risk seems pretty well spread.

www.mintos.com is the one i've heard about...

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Stinks of Tory, avoid

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:39 PM
rubbernecker

Hope all the vultures involved get knocked and lose their investments

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:42 PM
Sapien

Quote:
6 - 12% is showing on Mintos. depends if you do a custom portfolio or choose one of their options, conservative, diversified, high risk.

they seem to work with around 60 companies that arrange loans with thousands of people. you (plus others on the site) essentially fund those loans with your cash. never more than 15% of what you put in is with one lender so risk seems pretty well spread.

Do you work for mintos pal?

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:47 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

White collar vermin .

Gangsters and money lenders are at least up front and honest about it

Unread 12-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Ethers

Can anyone slide me a benner please.

Unread 12-02-2021, 11:03 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Can anyone slide me a benner please.
i'll need a smart contract and five of your namesake down and even then none of us will have a clue how it works.

Unread 12-02-2021, 11:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
White collar vermin .

Gangsters and money lenders are at least up front and honest about it
Vultures? Without credit and lending the economy would collapse swiftly and utterly. Who suffers most in that scenario?

Unread 12-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Mr_Ed

From my brother in law:

Remember they are loans to small businesses I have about 700 of bad debt

Unread 13-02-2021, 12:46 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Vultures? Without credit and lending the economy would collapse swiftly and utterly. Who suffers most in that scenario?
Who knew all those gangsters and loan sharks kindly lending money were helping to stave off economic Armageddon

Ta for the economics lesson

Unread 13-02-2021, 01:05 AM
tatty

I've never got involved on the basis that if the credit worthiness of the borrower means they can't access mainstream finance then I want more than 6%-12% to compensate me for the risk.

Afaik some p2p platforms used to provide an insurance backstop to cover bad loans but I remember reading that this protection had been lost over the years.

I'd rather get involved in high yield OEIC's/IT's than p2p.

And I don't touch that either.

Unread 13-02-2021, 01:14 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Jesus didn't think too highly of them though. Apparently.

Unread 13-02-2021, 01:16 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Neither a lender nor a borrower be is an eternal truth,

Point me out a book with as much good advice.

Unread 13-02-2021, 01:39 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Jesus was an Occupy Wall Street Ground Zero anti imperialist smiting off money lender's ears and going full January the 6th on the Stock Exchange

Mind you that was before several rewrites tippexing all the awkward commie vibes .

Fairly sure what his idea of this scheme would be though

Unread 13-02-2021, 08:49 AM
Carlton

Have you noticed how the left of occupy wall street has completely disappeared? And that the disappearance of any criticism of the Wall Street And corporate criminals and gangsters has coincided with the rise of the woke left and its preoccupation with race and social justice? And have you further noticed how this aligns the woke left with the those very corporations that are so on board with the new agenda?

Its all so very convenient is all Im saying.

Unread 13-02-2021, 09:52 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Who knew all those gangsters and loan sharks kindly lending money were helping to stave off economic Armageddon

Ta for the economics lesson
This is why communists have such a sterling reputation in building thriving economies. Everyone not directly operating a spinning jenny is evil.

Quote:
People wanting to buy a home might disagree slightly.

Hands up whos never needed to borrow money for anything....

You people are f***ing mad.

Unread 13-02-2021, 10:16 AM
Carlton

Quote:
This is why communists have such a sterling reputation in building thriving economies. Everyone not directly operating a spinning jenny is evil.

People wanting to buy a home might disagree slightly.

Hands up whos never needed to borrow money for anything....

You people are f***ing mad.
Quite.

Also available in free pdf