United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Conte and his wig have been mouthing off to Italian media about only wanting the Utd job when Ole is sacked/killed.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:18 PM
tatty

Conte would be a huge upgrade on Ole.

Rodgers would be as well.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

He probably would but.....

He's just too strange.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:30 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He probably would but.....

He's just too strange.

As long as he's successful he can be as strange as riccers for all I care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Erik ten Hag.

We'd end up with Erik nine Hag.

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:38 PM
jem

Quote:

would they, though?

Unread 15-09-2021, 11:41 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
would they, though?
Yes, 110% they would.

And somebody as knowledgeable about football as you are will know it as well.

Unread 16-09-2021, 06:30 AM
westcoastvan

Everyone's greatest fear is that Ole isn't good enough to win the Premier League title or the Champions Cup while he has Ronaldo,

because the Glazer's won't fire him if he stays in the top 4, and....

that is probably what will happen, hope I'm proven wrong.

Unread 16-09-2021, 07:09 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Yes, 110% they would.

Unread 16-09-2021, 07:57 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Yes, 110% they would.

Would Jem not put himself forward if the job came up? He spent the red issue years explaining to everyone where Fergie was going wrong and his idea of putting the most one footed player in the history of the game in central midfield shows his attitude towards experimentation. Granted he’s never played the game and only watched a handful of games live but still.

I suppose the question would be whether he could fit it in whilst still explaining to the rest of the world where they were going wrong with their respective areas of expertise.

Unread 16-09-2021, 08:54 AM
dunk

Quote:

Yeah but you think Boris has done a good job

Unread 16-09-2021, 09:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Erik ten Hag.
I'd prefer Erik eleven Hag

Unread 16-09-2021, 09:05 AM
Ethers

I don’t think he’s in any danger at all, and I think he deserves this season to show what he can do.

However, the massive signings we’ve made over the summer really could be a double edged sword for him. It’s clearly increased the quality in the squad massively in certain key areas, which I’m sure he was crying out for. But it’s also ramped up the expectations massively, and with that the pressure.

I tend to think that if we do go on a bad run this season, goodwill might not be enough to see him through it. Ronaldo is coming to the end of his career, and neither he or the board are going to be happy wasting his talent here if it looks like there could be nothing to show from it.

I’m still fully behind Ole, but I think you have to be realistic and accept that this season will probably not play out like any of his previous ones. I think he’ll either have us up there competing for the league, and in Europe, or he’ll be moved on quite rapidly.

Unread 16-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don’t think he’s in any danger at all, and I think he deserves this season to show what he can do.

However, the massive signings we’ve made over the summer really could be a double edged sword for him. It’s clearly increased the quality in the squad massively in certain key areas, which I’m sure he was crying out for. But it’s also ramped up the expectations massively, and with that the pressure.

I tend to think that if we do go on a bad run this season, goodwill might not be enough to see him through it. Ronaldo is coming to the end of his career, and neither he or the board are going to be happy wasting his talent here if it looks like there could be nothing to show from it.

I’m still fully behind Ole, but I think you have to be realistic and accept that this season will probably not play out like any of his previous ones. I think he’ll either have us up there competing for the league, and in Europe, or he’ll be moved on quite rapidly.
I think that's probably right. Either way he's done a brilliant job in terms of squad management and will leave the club in an infinitely better place than when he arrived. I really hope he can overcome his shortcomings by surrounding himself with the right team, but if not I think he'd make a brilliant DoF.

Unread 16-09-2021, 09:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Yeah it's been a big jump by some from valid criticism of yet another European disappointment to sack the useless @#%&!. It's famine or feast this days though with the online crowd,

He has done a good job but there's still a lot of questions around him taking us to the top level again. A genuine title push or deep into the CL. He's done a great job, but has to do more. That's the job. Our standards just happen to be higher than top 4 and a couple of finals.

Can't see another Europa League run or out of title chase by February going down well with owners, fans or players.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:14 AM
Mr_Ed

Look at last night… Bitters, Vermin and Renters all winnings games they were expected to win. Routine victories with a few scares but winning. We had by far the easiest fixture and stunk the place out.

I do not believe his formation works or gets the best out of the players and we have individuals and not a team.

I see no change in that from last season so this one will be interesting but my only worry is he’ll keep his job regardless.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:17 AM
dunk

Those 3 were all at home tbf. And all had 11 men, in City’s case played against 10.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:19 AM
92ToBury

The only mitigation - why the hell are we still playing on artificial surfaces in the Champions League? Very different ball dynamics. Doesn't excuse Lingard or Ole's tactics but it's not a great surface.

From a United point of view, losing to them isn't as bad as losing to one of the other two who will be pushing us for getting through the group stage.

With progress beyond the group stage linked to financial return, there has to be pressure on him. What's concerning is that he doesn't seem to see what the fans do re Lingard and others. Obviously we don't know what goes on behind the scenes in terms of getting players off the books, so we're stunned as to why Jones and the like are still at the club. Yes, he's shifted a lot of dead wood, but there's more work to be done. I'm guessing there are simply no takers for some of these idiots.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:21 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Those 3 were all at home tbf. And all had 11 men, in City’s case played against 10.
Don’t think we were looking good for the 20 mins after our goal/before the sending off tbh. Our midfield was already looking shit.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Don’t think we were looking good for the 20 mins after our goal/before the sending off tbh. Our midfield was already looking shit.
We were cruising tbh. They’d been in our half a couple of times and had a shot from distance but we were well on top and controlling the game.

No excuse for what happened from the red card on though.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
well, yes. look at the first post after armers posted the team in the match thread.
Closed Thread