United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2021, 07:43 PM
Coracao

Honestly can't see him being sacked yet. Mental.

Unread 07-11-2021, 07:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Still think he won't be in charge after the internationals. Reckon they're trying to sort something out now.

Can't see how the players will be showing any effort in backing him now, they've lost all drive to play under him so that's that.
Can’t see it

They’ll be hoping he can still do enough to get 4th and probably see us only conceding 2 against city as a sign of improvement.

They won’t want to spend on buying a manager out of a contract either imo, especially after spending out to sack Ole and his team.

He’s here until the end of season or things get really bad in their eyes.

Unread 07-11-2021, 07:49 PM
20LEgend1999

I thought he'd be gone by Watford after yesterday, but then I remembered he was given three games to save his job, and won 5-4. So fair enough really.

Unread 07-11-2021, 07:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Can’t see it

They’ll be hoping he can still do enough to get 4th and probably see us only conceding 2 against city as a sign of improvement.

They won’t want to spend on buying a manager out of a contract either imo, especially after spending out to sack Ole and his team.

Seems like it.

I’m not sure why the fans are supposed to care tbh. Imagine Liverpool losing 5-0 at home to us and 2-0 at home to Everton, never getting near the goal in either, with Sammy Lee in charge, and acting like nothing had happened? We’d think we were in £#%&!ing dreamland.

Unread 07-11-2021, 08:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Can’t see it

100% about money at this point. They don't want to pay him and his staff off before the achievement clause; they don't want to pay for an interim manager; they don't want to run the risk of employing the wrong man as that's all that's available and having to change/pay them off again in the summer/after the WC to hire Southgate; they don't want to have to make masses of transfer funds available.

We're £#%&!ed, basically. The cowardly @#%&!s on the pitch need to sort their shit out.

Unread 07-11-2021, 08:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
100% about money at this point. They don't want to pay him and his staff off before the achievement clause; they don't want to pay for an interim manager; they don't want to run the risk of employing the wrong man as that's all that's available and having to change/pay them off again in the summer/after the WC to hire Southgate; they don't want to have to make masses of transfer funds available.

We're £#%&!ed, basically. The cowardly @#%&!s on the pitch need to sort their shit out.
Yep. Cheaper and easier to just leave him in there, hope he turns it around and just pretend they are being loyal.

Unread 07-11-2021, 08:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Agreed.

There's no other reason you'd leave this to fester like this - and it's going to get worse.

Unread 07-11-2021, 08:54 PM
dunk

It's false economy tbh. Prior to yesterday I'd have said he was still getting a shift out of the players, not anymore.

New manager bounce could see us fly out of the International break, 4 positive results against Watford, Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal and the game is back on. Sit and wait until those 4 games have gone and it'll end up costing them more.

Unread 07-11-2021, 09:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's false economy tbh. Prior to yesterday I'd have said he was still getting a shift out of the players, not anymore.

New manager bounce could see us fly out of the International break, 4 positive results against Watford, Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal and the game is back on. Sit and wait until those 4 games have gone and it'll end up costing them more.
Agreed again.

We’re not in THAT bad a position. There’s team dropping all kinds of points, but rather than see that as a good time to make a change, they’ll see it a situation that doesn’t need addressing.

Unread 07-11-2021, 09:25 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Failing to get in the CL group stage will cost the club £13.5 mill alone.
The difference between the 4th place & 5th place PL prize money is about £7 mill.
I've no idea what other revenue they will miss out on if they don't make the CL but I think all in all, it'll be a far bigger financial hit than sacking & replacing the manager.

Unread 07-11-2021, 09:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Failing to get in the CL group stage will cost the club £13.5 mill alone.
The difference between the 4th place & 5th place PL prize money is about £7 mill.
I've no idea what other revenue they will miss out on if they don't make the CL but I think all in all, it'll be a far bigger financial hit than sacking & replacing the manager.
They're horribly short sighted when it comes to money, but we all know that.

Unread 07-11-2021, 10:22 PM
Dr Stranger

I still don’t think there’s any real chance of him being sacked any time soon.

He’ll be here after the international break and probably into the new year.

Unread 07-11-2021, 10:46 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I still don’t think there’s any real chance of him being sacked any time soon.

He’ll be here after the international break and probably into the new year.
Yup.
Why spend extra money to do extra work.
The bastards have got a nice human shield called Ole and all the grievances will be directed at him instead of them.
Why would they get rid of him

Unread 07-11-2021, 10:53 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Yup.
Why spend extra money to do extra work.
The bastards have got a nice human shield called Ole and all the grievances will be directed at him instead of them.
Why would they get rid of him
I can think of at least 20,000,000 reasons.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:

I can see us scraping a win against Watford before losing the other three. And then hearing more about looking in mirrors.

This is going to carry on for a while, imo.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:07 PM
jem

we're sixth and all the heat is on the manager. they are £#%&!ing loving this.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I can see us scraping a win against Watford before losing the other three. And then hearing more about looking in mirrors.

This is going to carry on for a while, imo.
As we’ve seen in the last couple of weeks, we’re capable of pulling the occasional result out of our arse through individual quality and purple patches in games.

I said last week that any slightly positive result will be like three anywhere else. The board will take any opportunity they can to avoid taking action. It’s merely us hobbling from one week to the next week, but the board can pretend it’s hope/progress.

We’ll need a run of four or five straight losses, which won’t happen.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:13 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I can think of at least 20,000,000 reasons.
I just wish there was a way we could get at them bastards you know?
Right now all the disappointment and anger is aimed at Ole and the glazers and the board are getting away with taking us fans for fools.

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:46 PM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 07-11-2021, 11:49 PM
Halloween

Leaks all over the place, he is toast, thank £#%&!.
Closed Thread