United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2019, 03:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Klopp had some pedigree. Same can't really be said of Ole. Regardless though, no manager is going to do much with this squad as it is shite. However, we should be seeing some level of improvement and better football after almost 12 months. We have got worse.
Everyone starts somewhere, right? He readily acknowledges that taking the Cardiff job was a mistake with those circumstances and that owner. It was. That was a Pulis/Allardyce situation.

Elsewhere he did a pretty good job in a smaller league with minimal resources. Aren’t we advocates of new managers earning their stripes at lower leagues now? Originally we were angling to squeeze Giggs in there with no managerial experience whatsoever. This is not that.

If massive experience and a trophy laden career were what was called for, Louie van Gaal or Mourinho would have been successful. Instead, Ole is being charged with cleaning up their mess.

Unread 04-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Everyone starts somewhere, right? He readily acknowledges that taking the Cardiff job was a mistake with those circumstances and that owner. It was. That was a Pulis/Allardyce situation.

Elsewhere he did a pretty good job in a smaller league with minimal resources. Aren’t we advocates of new managers earning their stripes at lower leagues now? Originally we were angling to squeeze Giggs in there with no managerial experience whatsoever. This is not that.

If massive experience and a trophy laden career were what was called for, Louie van Gaal or Mourinho would have been successful. Instead, Ole is being charged with cleaning up their mess.
All that may be true, but probably easier for people to cut people slack when they have shown the pedigree of winning things in a decent league and playing entertaining football.

Currently we have owners, chief executive, manager, coaches, and players whom are not fit for purpose for one of the biggest clubs in World football.

The only people who seem to be doing an adequate job are the groundstaff.

Will reserve judgement on the canteen staff.

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
All that may be true, but probably easier for people to cut people slack when they have shown the pedigree of winning things in a decent league and playing entertaining football.

Currently we have owners, chief executive, manager, coaches, and players whom are not fit for purpose for one of the biggest clubs in World football.

Post.

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:50 PM
dunk

Quote:

Luke Shaw loves them.

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:53 PM
utd99

If/when Ole gets us back to our rightful position and, God willing, wins us one of the biggest pots in football it would be our finest hour since ‘99. I’m not sure why so many are being so hasty to tout their tickets tbh. No matter what happens, I wouldn’t want to be the person that called for his head before we even knew what he was capable of doing.

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

We have owners a CEO, a manager and a coach who have all won leagues and champions leagues with this club

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We have owners a CEO, a manager and a coach who have all won leagues and champions leagues with this club
£#%&! off Bunks.

Unread 04-11-2019, 04:59 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If/when Ole gets us back to our rightful position and, God willing, wins us one of the biggest pots in football it would be our finest hour since ‘99. I’m not sure why so many are being so hasty to tout their tickets tbh. No matter what happens, I wouldn’t want to be the person that called for his head before we even knew what he was capable of doing.
He has been here for almost a year. It's not like people are calling for his head within three months.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Talk to me about their pedigree in their current roles then. As only the Glazers have achieved it...
We're not in the champions League and I don't think we'll win the league....

There's cups still up for grabs though....

It's also early November in his first full season.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
We're not in the champions League and I don't think we'll win the league....

There's cups still up for grabs though....

It's also early November in his first full season.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s where I am.
Quote:
Other than him ‘getting us’ I’m not sure what makes him qualified to manage us tbh.
Quote:
I’ll never hate Ole, ever.

But his time is nearly up and imo he’s out of his depth.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Ethers bookmarks strike again.

As I said in the Chelsea match thread, I was wrong to doubt his ability but never said I wanted him sacked tbf...

It’s whether he’s given enough backing to turn things around now imo.

Fred where people aren’t allowed to change their opinion on anything.... Ever.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He has been here for almost a year. It's not like people are calling for his head within three months.
In terms of having a pre season and getting at least a few of his own players in and shipping out ones he feels have no future here, he’s 11 games into his first full season. There was nothing he could do when he came in but try to restore some pride and prepare for his first full season in the event he got the job. Before Klopp had a chance to do any of that Liverpool finished 8th and were £#%&!ing horrendous. If you were a scouse fan at that time would you have been calling for his head?

I don’t know whether Solskjaer will be successful here or not; at this point I just want to see what moves he’s making and some signs. No matter what does happen however, I don’t want to be that bloke who wanted him sacked after 11 games.

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Nearly as bad as believe....

"I love the bloke I can't see him like this week after week, please walk my prince....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside

He actually won the Bundesliga with Dortmund and sucessfully defended it.
Sorry to piss on your chips.
Couldn't give a shiny £#%&! what he achieved in that farmers league tbh.. .

Unread 04-11-2019, 06:59 PM
red in cumbria

Also almost got Dortmund relegated before he left, which gives some hope to the rest of us.

Unread 04-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Ak14 aka indecisive Dave.

Unread 04-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Ak14 aka indecisive Dave.

https://youtu.be/lmTahAali90
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 04-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:

"I love the bloke I can't see him like this week after week, please walk my prince....."

Whatever mate... just facts that's all.

Unread 04-11-2019, 07:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Bellers

‘I can’t bear to see my hero’s fall like this’

‘SACK HIM!!!!!!!!!TONIGHT!!!!’

Unread 12-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Sparky***

Christ this all sounds eerily familiar

Closed Thread