United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Lindelof is piss weak, nothing new there.
He doesn’t instill a lot of confidence. Too often wrong side, too often losing out in the air, too hesitant and uncertain. I don’t think it’s about form so much as flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
What a load of £#%&!ing shite. Shame on people who call racism just to bolster an incorrect opinion.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We have been on our arse for weeks. Calls for the managers head and genuine shouted that we will be relegated!

We go into a game against a team that has won 17 £#%&!ing league game in a row, become the first side to take points off them since Everton in March and people are complaining about how we handled the last ten minutes

There's enough issues and bad times, we might as well acknowledge some positive aspects when they appear.

We matched the best team in the country at the moment. That is something to build on.
They raised themselves for a one off game (32% possession at home ffs). Much like teams used to do against us. The same shit players that have been shit for a long time have not suddenly become good.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:19 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I don’t have to come round pal, I know where we’re at. We’re in a very delicate position with a poor squad, fragile confidence, a dysfunctional structure throughout the club and an inexperienced manager.

It’s a challenging mix. Incessantly moaning about it might make you feel better, because that’s how you deal with your personal anxiety, but projecting it on everyone that will listen/can read 24 £#%&!ing 7 feels like a @#%&!s trick.

The club isn’t a good place and truthfully hasn’t been since 2005. It can be managed though and we can be successful under this regime - it’s just very difficult. And importantly, we can do £#%&! all about it.

Performing well against a top team for the majority of the match is a step forward. Players playing with a bit of confidence again is a step forward. This is the time for supporters to support and I think part of that is being a bit £#%&!ing balanced - today was ok, better than expected, certainly not something that should make us suicidal.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh £#%&! off with that sanctimonious RAWK crap.

It’s an internet forum and I’ll call shit when I see shit.

I’m not here to score top red points with a bunch of faceless usernames
It’s odd. I don’t get the need to be on message with the PR like we’re part of the club and have to present a united front. We’re a bunch of no mark spectators chatting shit on the internet so what’s wrong with giving an honest opinion even if it’s negative?

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
It’s odd. I don’t get the need to be on message with the PR like we’re part of the club and have to present a united front. We’re a bunch of no mark spectators chatting shit on the internet so what’s wrong with giving an honest opinion even if it’s negative?
Absolutely nothing; unless it’s become an addiction.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
You thought we were shit when we were winning the league.
Never mind that, I remember his posts when we were winning the CL

Love you really, Sparkles ;-)

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Sloppy

Thought Daniel James was great today, ran his arse off,took a couple of wacks and set up the goal.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Never mind that, I remember his posts when we were winning the CL
Remember a fair few ‘Fergie outs’ too.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He doesn’t instill a lot of confidence. Too often wrong side, too often losing out in the air, too hesitant and uncertain. I don’t think it’s about form so much as flaws.

There are times when he can look really good, generally when the team is going well, not a player for a crisis or when under heavy pressure though, goes passive, expects his partners to take on all the tough defending and to sweep up. He doesn't make many obvious mistakes, because he rarely forces the issue defensively.

His aggression for the Rashford goal was encouraging but then for that Mane disallowed one, that was pitiful, at any level of football. Without a bit of dog in him I don't see how he is a long term starter.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Thought Daniel James was great today, ran his arse off,took a couple of wacks and set up the goal.
He thought about doing the knocked out routine again too.

In fairness, he did get cleaned out.

Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Oh £#%&! off with that sanctimonious RAWK crap.

It’s an internet forum and I’ll call shit when I see shit.

I’m not here to score top red points with a bunch of faceless usernames
Yeah, but you never see anything but shit.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He thought about doing the knocked out routine again too.

In fairness, he did get cleaned out.
One of the few straight positives from this season thus far, nqat.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
There are times when he can look really good, generally when the team is going well, not a player for a crisis or when under heavy pressure though, goes passive, expects his partners to take on all the tough defending and to sweep up. He doesn't make many obvious mistakes, because he rarely forces the issue defensively.

His aggression for the Rashford goal was encouraging but then for that Mane disallowed one, that was pitiful, at any level of football. Without a bit of dog in him I don't see how he is a long term starter.
Me either. He was wrong side -again- and randomly stopped during that Mane moment too. So £#%&!ing odd.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
What? I simply said that he should be balanced? Are you saying sparky isn’t relentlessly negative?

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Whats rawkish about my post? s.
"it's time for the supporters to support"

do me a £#%&!ing favour

which basically has absolutely no relevance on an internet message board.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

He's too weak in the air and too weak on the floor. He's not particularly great on the ball. I think he's got a decent defensive brain, but physically he seems to struggle.

Thought quite highly of him last year, but having someone like Maguire next to him seems to be highlighting his weaknesses.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:37 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
"it's time for the supporters to support"

do me a £#%&!ing favour

which basically has absolutely no relevance on an internet message board.
Well I do find it £#%&!ing laughable that supporters on here and twitter are already demanding the ole gets bulleted because getting our 5th manager in 6 years is really going to change the world.

I think we need patience and to get behind the manager. There maybe a time when it’s right for him to go but I honestly don’t think it’s 3 months into a new season. Sorry if that’s too rawkish for you.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's too weak in the air and too weak on the floor. He's not particularly great on the ball. I think he's got a decent defensive brain, but physically he seems to struggle.

Thought quite highly of him last year, but having someone like Maguire next to him seems to be highlighting his weaknesses.
Maguire has been solid enough, not the best at anticipating mistakes from his colleagues but strong in the air and composed if not particularly constructive on the ball. Sitting deep at a team and a much better defensive work-rate rate ahead of him has made it a simpler job than last year at CB.

Lindelof is not getting an easy ride from the fans. Last year it was too easy to absolve him of fault and just blame it all on Smalling and Jones. Don't have those easy scapegoats this year, now he he is being analyzed at a truer level. Smalling for all his flaws is a better defender than Lindelof and it is really not that close.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:43 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
What? I simply said that he should be balanced? Are you saying sparky isn’t relentlessly negative?
He is negative but so what? Why should he balanced? It’s just his opinion.

Unread 20-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Well I do find it £#%&!ing laughable that supporters on here and twitter are already demanding the ole gets bulleted because getting our 5th manager in 6 years is really going to change the world.

I think we need patience and to get behind the manager. There maybe a time when it’s right for him to go but I honestly don’t think it’s 3 months into a new season. Sorry if that’s too rawkish for you.
where have i said I wanted the manager binned? I don't.

But he will get sacked though.