Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Nail your colours to the mast
Ole IN - let's get on with the rebuild. 92 81.42%
Ole OUT - I've wet my shorts and want Big Sam. 21 18.58%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Dasilvatwins

Its going to be shit for the rest of the season. Shit tactics. Shit coaching , dead football.

But ole has to stay. He is getting rid if the shit @#%&!s and thats as good of a reason to stay. Even if it means the next manager has a base team not full of arseholes he would normally have to clear out himself.

Worst case scenario, we finish 7th-10th £#%&! up europa no champions league?... woodward and the glazers will feel the financual squeeze the @#%&!s.

Oles at the wheel. More shit @#%&!s to get rid of. More leaders to sign.

Unread 07-10-2019, 09:04 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I voted In, it’s not black & white though is it? I think with a lot of time & a £#%&!ton of money we could get Ole on the road... I’m just realistic about a proven coach taking the playing side & a guy who understands us taking the job he’s likely more qualified for. Strange times.
This.

Unread 07-10-2019, 09:26 AM
rustling jimmies

Out ASAP

Unread 07-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Well you’re demanding much too much much too soon. Get used to being shit for a bit. We’ve seen plenty of positive stuff with ole and he’s done well in getting rid of some of our heavy weight shit. It’s left us a bit light and fragile and that will have to be addressed- hopefully in Jan but if not, the summer.
this.

fundamentally, absolutely nothing will change while woodward and the glazers are still at the club. once you accept this, you have to be pragmatic about what can be achieved. ole has done a good job in ridding the squad of players who aren't good enough and bringing in younger players. imo, there are still 5 or 6 players who need to be shipped out.

this is a major rebuild. the owners clearly won't sanction us buying 3 or 4 world class players who are ready to go straight into the first xi and improve the team immediately, as other clubs of our size would do. so do you sack the manager and backroom staff again, bring in a new man, and a whole new bunch of players to fit his philosophy, and rinse and repeat for the next 20 years? or do you accept that, with the current owners and set up at the club, having a club legend who has, overall, done a decent job so far, is probably the best we're going to get and trust him to get it right?

in ole we trust for me.

Unread 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM
jem

I quite like our defence (the only area ole got transfer window help), but I am very disappointed by our attacking style and organisation. also, the persistence with chong, who is shit. bringing him on to change the game? that is simply unforgivable. whatever the injury situation.

I wouldn't single ole out for not playing a £#%&!ing midfield, but it has been the basis of our failure for 8+ years.

pogba had better monster liverpool or ole is gone, surely?

Unread 07-10-2019, 09:56 AM
ZiggyStardust

It's not a case of should he be sacked or not

He's going soon whether because he's sacked or because he falls on his own sword
You just have see him on the sidelines and in post match interviews to realise he hasn't got a clue how to turn this around
He isn't really a coach or a tactician so he's just changing a player here or there and hoping something happens

Let's look at this situation dispassionately
We've appointed the manger of Molde who's previous job in English football was disastrous failure (not all his fault by any means but still disastrous)
Is it really such a shock that he's found himself out of his depth at one of the biggest clubs in the world

It doesn't really matter if Ole is sacked if Woodward continues to call the shots
Get Big Edwin in as CEO and get him to appoint a director of football who then appoints a first team coach all with the same vision and let's finally start heading in the right direction

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

He's going soon whether because he's sacked or because he falls on his own sword
You just have see him on the sidelines and in post match interviews to realise he hasn't got a clue how to turn this around
He isn't really a coach or a tactician so he's just changing a player here or there and hoping something happens

We've appointed the manger of Molde who's previous job in English football was disastrous failure (not all his fault by any means but still disastrous)
Is it really such a shock that he's found himself out of his depth at one of the biggest clubs in the world

It doesn't really matter if Ole is sacked if Woodward continues to call the shots
Get Big Edwin in as CEO and get him to appoint a director of football who then appoints a first team coach all with the same vision and let's finally start heading in the right direction
Can’t see the glazers selling up anytime soon tbh so like you say a new CEO (competent one) would be a step towards sorting the mess out.

People often say Woodward is doing everything that’s asked of him by the glazers, but I’m not so sure they’re asking him to build a squad with one of the highest wage bills in sports for little return or asking him to potentially jeopardise their cash cow because of mismanagement of the football side of things.

A competent ceo could make the glazers money while still being competitive on the pitch.

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:23 AM
marlo

Quote:

very good post...
It’s scary people seem to think ole can turn it around...
Based on what exactly?
His managerial record is far from impressive and this season our team doesn’t really have any style or rhythm ....
he said the players were unfit last season and even now the same this season...
he said he wanted our players full of energy and doing a high press and doesn’t seem to be able to execute it...
His naive faith in some of our players is frightening and it’s ultimately his decision to trim the squad down and introduce “chongy” and co...

Any one else wouldn’t be afford this blind faith despite no signs of progress or improvement...

You can say what you want about the squad it’s not as bad as we are performing and even if we were itsbhis squad

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
very good post...
It’s scary people seem to think ole can turn it around...
Based on what exactly?
His managerial record is far from impressive and this season our team doesn’t really have any style or rhythm ....
he said the players were unfit last season and even now the same this season...
he said he wanted our players full of energy and doing a high press and doesn’t seem to be able to execute it...
His naive faith in some of our players is frightening and it’s ultimately his decision to trim the squad down and introduce “chongy” and co...

Any one else wouldn’t be afford this blind faith despite no signs of progress or improvement...

You can say what you want about the squad it’s not as bad as we are performing and even if we were itsbhis squad
To be fair, his signings are playing really well.

The kids are what they are. All you can do is have the balls to play them. I’m glad he’s doing it.

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

The kids are what they are. All you can do is have the balls to play them. I’m glad he’s doing it.
This.

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
This.
Don’t you agree with me, agree with Marlo!

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Jethro

No one can steer the ship. I genuinely can't see a way out of this. Its breaking my heart to see Ole at the helm too.

Everyone has given up.

Unread 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Sloppy

AK14

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:24 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Let's not call his signings successes yet
They're in that honeymoon period all our signings get at the start

Let's be honest Maguire hasn't been that good since his debut
Don't think he'll ever justify a world record fee for a defender but in time will prove to be a decent signing

Wan-Bissaka has been the most impressive but even he's looked not that good the last 2 matches he's played (probably due to being over played)
Also big question mark over whether he's good enough in the final third which elite club full backs need to be these days
Think long term he'll prove to be the best of the 3 but still question marks at this stage

James has scored a couple of cracking goals and is a really honest trier but let's be honest technically he looks a good way off being good enough for a top club (which we're not at moment)

This idea that all 3 signings have been great signings is very premature at this stage

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
AK14

Quote:
Let's not call his signings successes yet
They're in that honeymoon period all our signings get at the start

Let's be honest Maguire hasn't been that good since his debut
Don't think he'll ever justify a world record fee for a defender but in time will prove to be a decent signing

Wan-Bissaka has been the most impressive but even he's looked not that good the last 2 matches he's played (probably due to being over played)
Also big question mark over whether he's good enough in the final third which elite club full backs need to be these days
Think long term he'll prove to be the best of the 3 but still question marks at this stage

James has scored a couple of cracking goals and is a really honest trier but let's be honest technically he looks a good way off being good enough for a top club (which we're not at moment)

This idea that all 3 signings have been great signings is very premature at this stage
Erm, the whatnow period?

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Soviet

A long story short - We're in the shit.

To answer the question, Ole IN, however painful this season is, give him the next summer transfer window, next season, and see where we're at. Unless we get relegated this season . Allegri rumours are starting to tempt me though (His style of football cant be that bad surely).

To make myself feel better, here is my two pence worth.

The ownership and rest of the board are despicable people, great business men, clueless about football. Joel Glazer and Ed Woodward in particular have a lot to answer for. It says a lot about how our fan base is, and football in general, that these two haven't been forcefully, by any means, removed from the club, because they deserve it. We need more head cases with nothing to lose. They are two pencil necks that thought they'd dabble at football, that have taken footballing decisions out of managers hands, failed to successfully reform and improve our structure, abandoned any remnants of DNA we had left, and failed to develop any purposeful and fruitful working relationships with anybody in football. They've had, no strategy, poor strategy, marketing first strategy. How Fergie managed to keep this shit together during the tail end of his reign is even more remarkable. The board have essentially ran us into the ground for 6 years +.

Because of who Ole is, and because this club has been rotting from its head, I am cutting him more slack than I would anybody else. The foundation for any manager to succeed has not been there, and the amounts of money spent masks this. I cannot simply ignore this because it is quite clear by now that any manager we bring in will suffer the same fate whether they make a better fight of it or not.
I am not about to get the knives out for Ole, when the players and board disgust me as much as they do. Ole is going to be the last one that gets it in the neck from me. The club has been an absolute f***ing mess for a long time now, expecting Ole, or anybody else at this point, to put this right overnight, or in one transfer window, is fantasy for a variety of reasons.

However, Ole does need to be held accountable and there are signs that concern me. The fan base cannot be faulted, they've been outstanding whilst the club has been brought to its knees, perhaps too good, perhaps not volatile enough. The message at the moment is patience and time, but whilst I can empathize with Ole due to the mess he came into, at some point he's got to get real. He wants time and patience, but there are no signs of improvement, nothing to get behind, we play awful football, we're in free-fall. There has to be a point of no return, a point that isn't acceptable, and that point for us, as a support and club, is disturbingly low now. He wants us all to be patient whilst we find out if any of these players can cut it ? And expects that to wash ?.

His approach has been the right one, I fully support it. Youth, British core, added quality, the right characters. It is a change that had to happen, because Woodward was digging a bigger whole every year. But the implementation has been lacking. For instance, consider our 'senior' players, De Gea, Mata, Matic, Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Young, Pogba, Fred ? Lindelof ?.... did Ole genuinely think any of these we're going to get us over the line, drag this side forward, positively impact the youth, because if he did he was delusional. The only two you can defend is De Gea and Pogba. Pogba wants to leave, and De Gea isn't a natural leader. Wit that bunch of w****rs for senior players and a load of youth, its ever likely we're on the end of shit results every week.

So why we're these senior players not got rid of ? Why havent we replaced them so we've got players that will drag us over the line whilst youth develops. They're on great money, long contracts ? Ole thought they'd deliver ?. The board failed ?.
Why were Lukaku, Herrera, Fellaini, Sanchez never replaced ?. I do not care any of those left, but they weren't replaced. It is apparent, particularly after the comments Ole made last week, that the club ear marked Dybala, he was the one, and he didn't want to move, it failed. It looks like Dembele was fancied, that didn't materialize either for whatever reason. What about midfield ? We know Ole wanted Longstaff, that is not in doubt, Bruno Fernandes was also strongly linked (whether that was genuine or agent hype I do not know). But we know Ole wanted a striker and midfielder in addition to the defensive signings this summer, and they didn't come in. The board have failed him, like they've failed every manager, despite the money they've spent. I do not think it was unreasonable to expect those signings, and considering they all didn't arrive, how can the board then turn around and say ta rah Ole, half way through the reason. Ole is making a rod for his own back by defending the ownership and board though, by regurgitating the youth philosophy. Minimum, he wanted a striker and midfielder.
If Ole sat there and said, right, its going to take me a while to sort this shit out. But, we've improved the deference, strengthened the midfield and molded the attack which will help us play how I envisage us playing. My hope is this spine will get us over the line whilst youth develops, because youth is the way I want to go. In the meantime, we may have a few bumps in the road, but we're going to be committed, and play decent football. Next summer we'll make 2 or 3 of the right additions again. The result would be, something we could get behind, something tangible. Right now there is nothing, he's asking us to be patient, in the hope any of these youth players cut it, and when our senior players fail to deliver every week.

Ole, McKenna, Carrick, Phelan....... is this manager and coaching team good enough even with the shit that is going on above and around them ? and at what point do we say, no. Id like to see Ole get another summer window and next season, but we're in f***ing free-fall. He's asking for patience, I am willing to give it, I have given it, I want him to succeed, but he's giving me nothing to get behind. There are injuries, but one way or another, he's going to have to get it together, because the ship cant sink with Ole shouting patience. To get this time, that management team need to start delivering.

The amount of times the first touch of each player takes them towards our own goal, before passing sideways, being pressed and launching a ball forward is incredible. f***ing shithouses.

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:39 AM
believe

That’s the most amount of words I’ve ever seen that actually don’t say anything.

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
That’s the most amount of words I’ve ever seen that actually don’t say anything.
You READ them?

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Try reading it rather than looking at it, and you might make more sense of it.

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Don’t you agree with me, agree with Marlo!
Ooh, no thanks.
Closed Thread