United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you watching a different game?
No mate

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:15 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Antony has been absolutely garbage
been our best player...

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:15 PM
moransbleedinghead

I'm watching this on a stream on my phone, and seriously can not tell the difference between McT and Wout, both big bloody lummox who can control a ball and offer £#%&! all.

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Antony has been absolutely garbage
started brightly but reverted back to type. Just jogo bonito on the wing. nothing incisive or direct.

Would rather have sancho for his composure.

The Scottish Player is a disgusting player.

Ethers

Quote:
No mate
He’s been our best player, in terms of going forward anyway.

Sparky***

Quote:
He’s been our best player, in terms of going forward anyway.
That’s not exactly hard

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
That’s not exactly hard
No, but it’s weird to single him out.

marlo

Fred, sancho and martial on asap!

Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
been our best player...
Some nice passes early on but been very poor since.

Weggy absolutely £#%&!ing awful.

Relieved to go in not 2 down.

Sparky***

Absolute rubbish.

I don’t think this lot will be as kind as Fulham were to implode and hand us the game so at some point we might have to actually play some football.

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Fred, sancho and martial on asap!
Agreed.

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Haven’t been great but we haven’t been as bad as neville is making out.

Get martial on for weghourst, need to move it a bit quicker to the wings. Can target burn, Antony on a Couple of occasions has been in space.

At the very least move The Scottish Player back to CM and stick Bruno number 10.

Dr Stranger

Antony hasn’t been garbage at all. He’s been our main threat. He’s just frustrating.

We’re lucky to get in level and we’re lucky Newcastle are so generous in front of goal.

We’re far too casual on the ball. Both in distributing and retention.

Can’t be long until we see Martial because Weghorst, bless ‘im, has been awful. We need more from Rashford too. Far too passive and petulant.

We’ll surely improve second half.

ZiggyStardust

Diabolical half

Why are we so easy to get
You can see today why we shipped a few away at Anfield
So easy for them to get uncontested crosses and shots on our goal

By contrast it’s really hard work to get anywhere near their goal

Huge half time for ETH
Very lucky to still be in it

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:20 PM
Jethro

Expected. Newcastle have another ten minutes in them before sitting back. Sancho and Fred needed big time.

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:20 PM
jem

Quote:
We’re lucky not to be 2-0 down here.
they've missed chances, but we should have had a penalty and burns is lucky to be on the pitch. the ref and var are such homers. the only surprise is they didn't give handball and a pen to newcastle.

antony and the horse are doing ok, but rashers doesn't look fit. martial will toast them when he comes on.

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:21 PM
Sparky***

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:23 PM
Ethers

The midfield hasn’t worked at all for me. The Scottish Player has consistently been the furthest forward, but he’s done next to nothing when he’s had got near the ball.

Weghorst has been ineffective, hasn’t even offered much in terms of pressing/holding the ball up because The Scottish Player has often been occupying the spaces he’d usually be in.

We’ve had some good opportunities on the counter, so Fred on, Rashford in the middle, and Sancho/Martial out wide is probably the move I’d make.

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
The midfield hasn’t worked at all for me. The Scottish Player has consistently been the furthest forward, but he’s done next to nothing when he’s had got near the ball.

Weghorst has been ineffective, hasn’t even offered much in terms of pressing/holding the ball up because The Scottish Player has often been occupying the spaces he’d usually be in.

We’ve had some good opportunities on the counter, so Fred on, Rashford in the middle, and Sancho/Martial out wide is probably the move I’d make.
I would bring martial on for weghourst, just move The Scottish Player with Bruno for 5-10 mins, see how it goes, maybe having The Scottish Player there we have a bit more of a physical presence .

Need to get it to Antony and rashford out more quickly. I think we have been playing without ourselves a bit, dalot went forward about twice that half and we had chances.

Shaw didn’t go forward once (probably under instruction) but you have to look to win the game always. Shaws a better attacking full back, rather dalot sits and shaw goes forward

Unread 02-04-2023, 05:27 PM
believe

Quote:

You mean the midfield?

You’re right though, for all the criticism Fred gets he’ll never play as anonymously as Sabitzer does.