United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Martial should be getting fitter and I hope he can stay fit till the summer .
Please, stop this. He deserves boiling down for glue only.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
There’s 17 other clubs in the league who would love to be in such a ‘crisis’ im sure.

No need to be hysterical about everything.
I'm not being hysterical mate. I just call it how i see it. We've been absolutely dreadful since we won the cup final. We've lost every single game we've played away against the top 9 teams, and we've still got to go to Spurs and Brighton.

Unless there's a drastic turnaround quickly we're going to find ourselves 5th or 6th. That's now 3 wins in the last 9 league games, we're pissing points way for fun and we haven't scored a league goal since februrary.

20LEgend1999

Not sold on Sabitzer so far. Hasn't played much obviously, but certainly not in the camp that it's a no brainer to sign him. Sancho is not my cup of tea either.

Dr Stranger

It’s not a crisis, that’s hyperbole, but it’s unquestionably our toughest spell since the start of the season.

We’re in a tough spot. It was always going to come. Newcastle had theirs and came through it. We need to do the same. I’m convinced we’ll be a lot better with Casemiro and Eriksen back, and if Martial can stay fit (I know I know).

Couple of big games this week. If we can win those two, we’re right back on track.

We’ve responded to every set back really well this season in the next game and we need to do the same on Wednesday. Huge game now,

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:33 PM
puressence

Hard work that. Should have played 3 midfield not played weggy .. bizarre sub of the one player who looked a threat for a player who genuinely looks like he’s a won a lottery ticket sancho is really poor .. plus point and there wasn’t many if he can stay fit till end of season we looked better with martial .. anyhow onto Brentford

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we haven't scored a league goal since februrary.
Played about 3 league games since then, but lies damned lies and statistics eh?

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Let’s be honest we’ve not looked good away from home all season

Even the games we’ve won haven’t been convincing

Any decent team who play with intensity and aggression we struggle badly with away from home
How soft we are as a team away from OT is the one major thing ETH hasn’t sorted out

That can only come with signings . If you reach Man Utd and don’t have the attitude then you will never have it . Problem he has is we have no depth as it is. Someone posted after the scouse game these last few years too many times have some of these same players been part of hidings . If it happens once it’s bad. For it to happen 2-3 times is really bad.

You can argue de gea, , dalot, slab, Bailey, telles, The Scottish Player all need to leave the club.

We then need to buy a new RB CM CF then GK CB (depth) and maybe another CM for depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Please, stop this. He deserves boiling down for glue only.
Oh I don’t want him at the club. I rather he not be here but he is a better option than weghourst . If we can sign a proper striker in the summer I’d be more than happy to get rid of him

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
That can only come with signings . If you reach Man Utd and don’t have the attitude then you will never have it . Problem he has is we have no depth as it is. Someone posted after the scouse game these last few years too many times have some of these same players been part of hidings . If it happens once it’s bad. For it to happen 2-3 times is really bad.

You can argue de gea, , dalot, slab, Bailey, telles, The Scottish Player all need to leave the club.

We then need to buy a new RB CM CF then GK CB (depth) and maybe another CM for depth
Martial!

I don't care how much "potential" he has, the attitude is the worst we have at the club since Pogba went.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Martial!

I don't care how much "potential" he has, the attitude is the worst we have at the club since Pogba went.
And martial, tbh I just stopped halfway because the list could go on. I don’t think lindelof is good enough either but we need some squad depth.

Edit ( VDB needs to be binned too)

Personally I’d move Eriksen into a number 10 back up.

Sign a new CM to partner with Casemiro. Then sign a cover , Fred and maybe keep mejbri as a 5th choice

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:40 PM
Coracao

Need to add some goals and creativity to the team in the summer.

Arsenal and City might end up scoring double the amount of league goals we do, the way things are going.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:41 PM
dunk

I feel like a broken record, but we need rid of De Gea, Dalot, Maguire, Jones, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Telles, Williams, The Scottish Player, Fred, Beek, Martial and Weghorst and Sabitzer too, none are good enough. I’m a gnats %@#$&! from chucking Sancho and Lindelof on that pile as well. We need a solid 5 or 6 in and some of the youth to prove useful, quickly. I feel like they’ve all been on the ‘Out’ list for 3 or 4 years

You can’t lose 1 player and go to pieces ffs

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:41 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Martial!

Even without Martial, the one thing we are long on is wide players. Why can't he play Rashford up top with Antony, Sancho, or Pellistri wide? The only thing Weghorst brought was decent control and link up - it certainly wasn't goals or mobility. Now he's not even doing that. We could have stuck a £#%&!ing bollard up there.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Played about 3 league games since then, but lies damned lies and statistics eh?
No goal in 3 is concern enough. 1 point from 9. It’s bad form. NQAT. Everyone in and around us has had a spell like this. This is our worst spell since those first two games of the season. Time to show a bit of character. Two big games this week and we need to grind out two wins. We’ll have Casemiro and Eriksen back after that.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
extremely nervous....

Feels like the internationals have took some momentum away
Saged it hours ago.....

We looked a mess, no idea why he took Antony off.....

The last subs was a gamble,bi can take that, but Sancho again proves nothing more than a cute flick merchant....

Was always going to be tough today, they made it easier by being huge passive weaklings....

De gea makes me sick letting in crosses like that...he RAN AWAY from a corner...

£#%&!.

Onwards

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Its more than just one player tbf.

Multiple absences mean we are having to start people who we already KNOW are not good enough. And even more damningly, so do they.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I feel like a broken record, but we need rid of De Gea, Dalot, Maguire, Jones, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Telles, Williams, The Scottish Player, Fred, Beek, Martial and Weghorst and Sabitzer too, none are good enough. I’m a gnats %@#$&! from chucking Sancho and Lindelof on that pile as well. We need a solid 5 or 6 in and some of the youth to prove useful, quickly. I feel like they’ve all been on the ‘Out’ list for 3 or 4 years

Donny sat at home ;

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Its more than just one player tbf.

Multiple absences mean we are having to start people who we already KNOW are not good enough. And even more damningly, so do they.
Yea I agree. If we had Eriksen in the team I feel like we wouldn’t be as bad.

Same with garnacho, being able to bring him off the bench would have been an extra threat .

The truth is at full strength we still need 3 maybe 4 players if you include the GK to get a team to just even be playing the way ETH wants them to.

jem

Quote:
we've lost casmiro and eriksen. and... even when they were playing... that wasn't a proper midfield. we need another dm on their level.

weghorst isn't the problem, incidentally. he's the symptom.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No goal in 3 is concern enough. 1 point from 9. It’s bad form. NQAT. Everyone in and around us has had a spell like this. This is our worst spell since those first two games of the season. Time to show a bit of character. Two big games this week and we need to grind out two wins. We’ll have Casemiro and Eriksen back after that.
Liverpool - profoundly embarrassing but also a total freak result (as their subsequent form has proved)

Southampton - would surely have won but for a silly sending off.

Newcastle - yes, we were shit. It is up there with Villa away for a crap performance with little excuse.

Still, we came back well from that one - here's hoping

jem

god, I'd forgotten garnacho already.