United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-08-2022, 12:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Madrid aren’t not a club who let players they want to keep go. Varane is a good player but they realised there’s no point bringing him on a last big contract when there are other younger players to take his position .

Same with Casemiro. Of course he is a fantastic player, but getting paid 70 million for him and then having his replacement already at the club. It’s how a proper club operates
That's not to say they didn't want to keep him though? He wanted a new challenge apparently after winning all there is win at Madrid. Madrid would maybe have rather kept him but didn't want to turn down the last big fee they may get for him.

Unread 22-08-2022, 12:57 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Madrid's biggest sales are mostly to big English clubs where they proceeded to flop. Oezil, Di Maria & Morata .. now Casemiro rounds out 4 from the top 5. Doubt they'll be crying too much if history is any guide. English £ keeps the Florentino fascist machine rocking and rolling

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
And why was he on the last year of his deal... because they didn't want to renew it

Completely incomparable transfers aside from the club involved
Erm, so they didn’t try to keep Varane and haven’t tried to keep Casemiro, the only difference is the price, which reflected their respective contract position, plus English club tax, plus United thick as £#%&! tax

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
English £ keeps the Florentino fascist machine rocking and rolling
well, some would say not. it runs on state handouts and debt. not to mention rvn's busted knee, becks and some other non-entities (special mention to bale for being paid to play golf, but owen, woodgate and mcmanamanamanaman as well). I'd say your point is not proven.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erm, so they didn’t try to keep Varane and haven’t tried to keep Casemiro, the only difference is the price, which reflected their respective contract position, plus English club tax, plus United thick as £#%&! tax
You’re on to a loser mate. You haven’t said this is the greatest signing we’ve ever made since the last one so the shoot crew will be all over you.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:25 PM
windy waffles

We are in desperate need of a DM.

We sign one of the world's best and people aren't happy.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You’re on to a loser mate. You haven’t said this is the greatest signing we’ve ever made since the last one so the shoot crew will be all over you.
He might be a superb signing, I’m just highly suspicious given the raft of shocking signings we’ve made of this ilk.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:27 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Everyone is happy but considering we’ve been £#%&!ed over many many times in the last ten years under the exact same circumstances people are wary.

He should be a great signing. Let’s see.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

It’s not that I’m not happy, but after Hargreaves, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Matic, Di Maria, Cavani, Varane etc. it is far from a sure thing.

It’s got decent until the WC and an injury ridden fat bastard from that point on written all over it

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:29 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s not that I’m not happy, but after Hargreaves, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Matic, Di Maria, Cavani, Varane etc. it is far from a sure thing.

It’s got decent until the WC and an injury ridden fat bastard from that point on written all over it
I’ve just said exactly the same thing

Hope I’m wrong but our history with this sort of thing worries me

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:30 PM
puressence

people moaning

A about money we spend when they contribute nothing to mufc

b his age ffs hes 30 in his prime fit as £#%&! , but jonny 17 stone plumber says hes past it

c moan everyday about not having a cdm we buy the best then moan about the above

d footballs not for you

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:35 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, some would say not. it runs on state handouts and debt. not to mention rvn's busted knee, becks and some other non-entities (special mention to bale for being paid to play golf, but owen, woodgate and mcmanamanamanaman as well). I'd say your point is not proven.
Woodgate was a v good player back in the day: would walk into the English team now. That Leeds side weren’t far away from a European Cup final at one point. Never transitioned well there obviously and injuries did him in.

Owen & McManaman they got for pittance? Latter did alright for them ... European Cup? Bale’s a funny one. Vital to some of the European Cup wins and would have been a legend at any normal club ... royally took the piss in his final seasons and is reviled there

Becks & RVN success stories? All in all would say they’re winning the Battle with Britain on the ins/outs stakes. Was being a bit facetious on the £ comments ... it’s been dumb $$$ that’s paid for all the big hitters of late

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Classic response.

What’s the plan tonight mate? Boycott? Or you going to sing some anti glazer songs then go and cheer our new £70 million “best CDM in the world” they’ve just signed?

You’re probably not sure are you, hopefully draggers will pm you with what to do.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Classic response.

What’s the plan tonight mate? Boycott? Or you going to sing some anti glazer songs then go and cheer our new £70 million “best CDM in the world” they’ve just signed?

You’re probably not sure are you, hopefully draggers will pm you with what to do.

If you've got some self loathing to do because you've been fannying about in the desert for 15 years, go right ahead pal. Unsure why you give a £#%&! what i'm doing with regards to United.

Baffles me you still choose to support United tbh when you seem to hate 90% of the fans and all the players. Must be a Warrington thing.

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:46 PM
believe

Quote:
If you've got some self loathing to do because you've been fannying about in the desert for 15 years, go right ahead pal. Unsure why you give a £#%&! what i'm doing with regards to United.

Baffles me you still choose to support United tbh when you seem to hate 90% of the fans and all the players. Must be a Warrington thing.
Can you not all get together and try and put some facts together that might be right for once? It’s getting pretty boring/embarrassing.

Back on topic, is there any news of when he’s available or is the visa thing going to be an issue?

Unread 22-08-2022, 01:53 PM
jem

Quote:
you've been fannying about in the desert for 15 years...
we all have.

Unread 22-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Madrid aren’t not a club who let players they want to keep go. Varane is a good player but they realised there’s no point bringing him on a last big contract when there are other younger players to take his position .

Same with Casemiro. Of course he is a fantastic player, but getting paid 70 million for him and then having his replacement already at the club. It’s how a proper club operates
This point seems to go over a lot of people's heads.

A lot of is probably the desperation people have for anybody better than Fred and The Scottish Player.

Unread 22-08-2022, 04:12 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we all have.

Unread 22-08-2022, 04:14 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
people moaning

A about money we spend when they contribute nothing to mufc

b his age ffs hes 30 in his prime fit as £#%&! , but jonny 17 stone plumber says hes past it

c moan everyday about not having a cdm we buy the best then moan about the above

d footballs not for you
Took me a minute to realise you were making points using the alphabet.