United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2021, 09:54 AM
Switching Off

Red face Jonathan Wilson is at it again

The guy who said the only reason we beat Leeds is because of our wage bill, and Juventus would flourish* now they are not being held back tactically by Ronaldo.

*they lost again last night. 1 point from 3 games.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-uniteds-flaws

Quote:
United have gone eight seasons without a league title despite spending half a billion pounds net over the past five years
Quote:
Might this hamper the development of Mason Greenwood? Might Ronaldo’s presence impede the creativity of Bruno Fernandes
Quote:
Ronaldo was good. Or rather, he was good at the things he is good at.
Quote:
There were alarming signs in the first half that Ronaldo might exacerbate that [midfield] problem.
Felt so alarmed yesterday

Unread 12-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Stickman

Try hard devils advocate %@#$&!s. There’s no way anyone could write that and actually believe it. Assume he’s just after a boost in following which such articles will assist with as there are loads of abus who think like that, well, they want to believe that.

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:18 AM
shenwen

He clearly had an article ready for a draw or lucky win then had to somehow retrofit his hatred of Ronaldo to a easy win. Nutter.

He’s a laughing stock in the comments sections.

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:34 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Ronaldo was good. Or rather, he was good at the things he is good at.
What?

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
What?
Hes only great at scoring goals and bending matches to his will, but he did ok at that.

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:39 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Hes only great at scoring goals and bending matches to his will, but he did ok at that.
I hate to use this word but that has to be the most #@&%!ed thing I’ve ever seen someone come out with while trying to make a point.

“Yeah well he was world class, but that’s what you expect at the end of the day”

These guys are stealing a wage ffs.

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Jethro

Inhale it all in lads. Beautiful

Unread 12-09-2021, 10:54 AM
Pop

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Inhale it all in lads. Beautiful

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:09 AM
Hyman_Roth

Not trying to be controversial but I read the article expecting some dreadful Abu shit but the main thrust is simply about whether this team will ultimately fail to achieve given the clubs failure to deal with the identified main weakness - the midfield.

It’s a point that this forum has been making all summer and most of last season. Agree it’s sprinkled with anti united shit but I’m not sure I disagree with the main point…….

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
What?
What's so special about rocket scientists? They're only good at things they're good at

Shame Wilson is laughably shit at what he's meant to be good at.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Not trying to be controversial but I read the article expecting some dreadful Abu shit but the main thrust is simply about whether this team will ultimately fail to achieve given the clubs failure to deal with the identified main weakness - the midfield.

It’s a point that this forum has been making all summer and most of last season. Agree it’s sprinkled with anti united shit but I’m not sure I disagree with the main point…….
He’s not though is he, he’s using that point about the midfield to make it sound like he’s making a genuine point and almost using it to try and disguise his envy/hatred (not sure) of United.

Merson does exactly the same thing yesterday. It’s like if they make one reasonable point they can use that to say whatever shit they really believe deep down.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Stickman

Mersons become a bit disturbed over this whole affair. He can’t seem to talk about Ronaldo at United without significantly raising his voice.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:39 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He’s not though is he, he’s using that point about the midfield to make it sound like he’s making a genuine point and almost using it to try and disguise his envy/hatred (not sure) of United.

Merson does exactly the same thing yesterday. It’s like if they make one reasonable point they can use that to say whatever shit they really believe deep down.
It's constant goalpost shifting from both of them. There's always going to a "yeah but..." no matter how many times they make a show of themselves.

In Wilsons case I think it's just selling out any integrity he may have as a journalist and willingly looking like a deranged git for some attention. Merson Is just a thick @#%&!.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:42 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

You’ve got to put all that in the context of Wilson being a messi fan boy. That comment above sums him up. Was Ronaldo good? Yes but only at the things he is good at. He has also been sniping at Ole for the past three seasons. When we lose, Ole hasn’t a clue. When we win it’s because the other team was shit. Similar opinions you might sometimes read on here for sure, but none of us are being paid to write for a national newspaper. He’s bitter as £#%&!.

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:51 AM
MagnificentSeven

the fact they're continually trying to downplay the signing shows that they're very worried.

Unread 12-09-2021, 12:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Fair enough. I’ve never read him before so am a bit behind the curve on his Abu credentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You’ve got to put all that in the context of Wilson being a messi fan boy. That comment above sums him up. Was Ronaldo good? Yes but only at the things he is good at. He has also been sniping at Ole for the past three seasons. When we lose, Ole hasn’t a clue. When we win it’s because the other team was shit. Similar opinions you might sometimes read on here for sure, but none of us are being paid to write for a national newspaper. He’s bitter as £#%&!.
Yep. Also see above.

Unread 12-09-2021, 01:22 PM
ryanMUFC

Never heard of him.

I’m sure it’s too early to decide whether Ronaldo masks our flaws. If we win the league or the champions league then he would have done exactly that. Journalism is dead nowadays, the well respected sources have resorted to troll articles rather than decent pieces that capture what’s happening.

Unread 12-09-2021, 01:24 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Bang on. He’s a @#%&!.

Unread 12-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Bang on. He’s a c***.
nqat
Closed Thread