United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
yep they didnt score goal midweek merging all three qualities.
I midweek they didn't play against a flat back 10.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

nani for park

tevez for berbatov

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Park off and Nani on.

Park has done ok but think Nani would be prove more useful in this game.
Agree.

But I can see Fergie waiting until at least the 79th minute before making a change.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep, this is just the kind of game that both player would excel in due to their excellent close control, deft touches and inventiveness.
Very funny.

Berbs is hardly running the show though is he, and I'm told he has all those attributes in abundance

We need to make changes at half-time. We could still win if we didn't, but as Sunderland have shown they have no interest in going forward we should have our most attacking line-up out there. Which means Park off for Nani, Giggs or Tev. And Fletch off for Ando on 60 mins.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Sparky***

Park is needless in games like these. He doesn't have the qualities to unlock defences the way nani or tevez would. This is crying out for someone like tevez, a penalty box predator to get on the end of something.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Very funny.

Berbs is hardly running the show though is he, and I'm told he has all those attributes in abundance

We need to make changes at half-time. We could still win if we didn't, but as Sunderland have shown they have no interest in going forward we should have our most attacking line-up out there. Which means Park off for Nani, Giggs or Tev. And Fletch off for Ando on 60 mins.
In all honesty, whoever we put out would struggle to break down a defence of 10 cart horses.

We need a break, and then we'll £#%&! 'em :noshitsherlocksmiley:

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Very funny.

I'm not being funny, but you did say 'most attacking' and then proceeded to intimate that Fletcher should be replaced by Anderson, this is contradicting yourself somewhat isn't it.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Ether

Quote:
I'm not being funny, but you did say 'most attacking' and then proceeded to intimate that Fletcher should be replaced by Anderson, this is contradicting yourself somewhat isn't it.
Can't be arsed getting into an Anderson argument with you again, you obviously have a problem with the lad so we'll leave it at that.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Tiberian

Played well for about 30 mins, looked a matter of time to a goal, but lost their way in the last 15. In games like this Park is not needed, he lacks the ability to create against massed defences, still works hard but either of Nani or Giggs are better suited to breaking down teams.

Ronaldo has been off his game today, Rooney has not been great either and berbatov is still flattering to decieve slightly, Tevez will feel unhappy.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Fat Al

Got 0-0 written all over it now.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
marlo

Quote:
for all fletchers running and looking busy he isnt very attack minded. a few ghosting runs doesnt amount to being attack minded.
you should know this.
look how many balls he passes forwards down the channels or to feet. i bet it about 1/4 of the amount carrick does.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:36 PM
borsuk

the problem is not the team, but the tempo and the movement. much too slow around the box, there's not the space for walking the ball through with the entire sunderland team standing in a line on the edge of the area. we need quicker passing and much better running past the ball looking for the flick-ons - we're quite static while the ball is moving 26 yards out. i think we should take more of the shots offered just outside the box as well.

nani on is not a bad idea, but park has looked much more dangerous than ronnie, so that's the change if we make one. anderson was very good in the week so that might we worth a try, but my feeling is anderson likes a more open game.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the problem is not the team, but the tempo and the movement. much too slow around the box, there's not the space for walking the ball through with the entire sunderland team standing in a line on the edge of the area. we need quicker passing and much better running past the ball looking for the flick-ons - we're quite static while the ball is moving 26 yards out. i think we should take more of the shots offered just outside the box as well.

nani on is not a bad idea, but park has looked much more dangerous than ronnie, so that's the change if we make one. anderson was very good in the week so that might we worth a try, but my feeling is anderson likes a more open game.
That would be my assessment too.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Ether

Quote:
it's also a fat that Fletcher is far more of an attacking threat atm, I thought it was a strange comment.
It isn't though. How much of an attacking threat has he looked today?? Anderson's pace, ability to run with the ball and range of passing make him the bigger attacking threat in my mind. Fletch is a very tidy, hardworking midfielder having a great season who's added clever runs into the box to his game. He's hardly Paul Scholes.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM
borsuk

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

agree with borsuk. far too slow build up.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
It isn't though. How much of an attacking threat has he looked today?? Anderson's pace, ability to run with the ball and range of passing make him the bigger attacking threat in my mind. Fletch is a very tidy, hardworking midfielder having a great season who's added clever runs into the box to his game. He's hardly Paul Scholes.
Fletcher gets in the box and gets on the scoresheet, he also gets involved in the build up play and an create openings, whilst still doing the job of midfield cleaner. Anderson's running isn't really going to help as there is no space to run into, at the moment anyway, maybe later on as they tire.

A good example of Fletch getting in there and getting chances there.

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Park only looks dangerous in transition play, when we win the ball high up the pitch and the defence is out of position. When he gets the ball ina normal attack with the defence lined up he lacks the ability to make space for a cross, pick a pass, line up a shot, all his danger comes from winning the ball and forcing mistakes.

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
agree with borsuk. far too slow build up.
we only have 2 attacking players id consider fast in the team.

Unread 06-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Zorg

Going to take a penalty to win this I reckon. Or possibly a free kick.
Closed Thread