United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Indeed but the fact that there has been no mention of any unrest whatsoever coupled with his regular praise for Quinn and the board etc would suggest otherwise Ginbob.
what? he was taken off the betting for next manager to go the other day and called quinn 'mother teresa' in the past.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Indeed but the fact that there has been no mention of any unrest whatsoever coupled with his regular praise for Quinn and the board etc would suggest otherwise Ginbob.
im sure we'll find out soon enough..

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:55 PM
dunk

Walking out on a relegation threatened club half way through the season doesn't look good on the CV, unless there are mitigating circumstances.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
what? he was taken off the betting for next manager to go the other day and called quinn 'mother teresa' in the past.
They have since reconciled there differences.

He has heaped on about the structure at the club a few times.

Well they've lost 5 out of their last 6 and lost four on the bounce at home so it's hardly rocket science for the bookies. Rumours were rife on here two weeks ago.

antonin jablonsky

To be fair he has a bit of previous on this, Fergie had to convince him not to walk out on United at least once.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be fair he has a bit of previous on this, Fergie had to convince him not to walk out on United at least once.
Correct.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Walking out on a relegation threatened club half way through the season doesn't look good on the CV, unless there are mitigating circumstances.
Not when you leave the nexty manager with the leagues fattest winger.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not when you leave the nexty manager with the leagues fattest winger.
He signed said fattest winger though.

I doubt he'll ever work again based on that alone/.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He signed said fattest winger though.

I doubt he'll ever work again based on that alone/.
That's what I mean, the poor next manager.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
forzagarza

In reality it is probably someone from Sinn Fein sticking their nose in.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
That's what I mean, the poor next manager.
Yes, what chance can the next man possibly have, fat wingers and Scottish Goalkeepers :shakehead:

Incidentally, how the £#%&! does a professional footballer who trains and plays football every day get that fat? He must have to consume about 10,000 calories a day to maintain his expansion.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes, what chance can the next man possibly have, fat wingers and Scottish Goalkeepers :shakehead:

Incidentally, how the £#%&! does a professional footballer who trains and plays football every day get that fat? He must have to consume about 10,000 calories a day to maintain his expansion.
I'm informed Craig Gorden is a good goalkeeper.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'm informed Craig Gorden is a good goalkeeper.
Who told you that?

They are trying to make you look silly.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
fergie take him on as assistant.
I wouldn't. Team spirit would go out the window.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
I hope he punches Dunphy's lights out too. That two faced @#%&! got a few kicks in this week. £#%&!ing vampire #@&%!.
Couldn't agree more, he's like a vulture. Horrible @#%&!

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Who told you that?

They are trying to make you look silly.
I can't possiblty provide any more information other than to say I know Hearts fans.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Bral

Quote:
how can people say he hasnt done well, they hadnt won a game in the championship when he took over and then went up as champions, he then kept them up in the premier, and has left them with a squad capable of survival again. i think theres things going on behind the scenes that has affected him. fergie take him on as assistant.
No way, they wouldn't be able to agree on anything. They argued lots when Keane was at United. Recipe for disaster.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
I can't possiblty provide any more information other than to say I know Hearts fans.
I'd be a good goalkeeper in Scotland. Andy Goram was a good Goalkeeper in Scotland ffs, and he was only 5' 2''.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I hope he punches Dunphy's lights out too. That two faced @#%&! got a few kicks in this week. £#%&!ing vampire #@&%!.
Seen that. Saying it went to his head which is a bit rich coming from his number one sycophant in the past. He's a vile piece of shit.

Unread 04-12-2008, 01:15 PM
borsuk

Quote:
a premiership club languishing in the relegation zone in the championship you mean? spot on, as usual borsuk
#@&%!

where they were at the time doesn't change the fact that they were a big club - a premiership club which was bouncing up and down, getting relegated and promoted every few years. that's a completely different kettle of fish to, say, reading, which has no premiership history, few fans and completely different expectations. sunderland were still getting the parachute cash from their last relegation and they were being taken over by wealth backers with a mind to investing big time in the club. that's not a suitable place for a first-time manager imo.

fwiw, i don't think keane has done a bad job. he's kept sunderland more or less where they were under mccarthy, though he's spent a shitload of cash to do that. but i think he'd have learnt a lot more taking a low-tier club and trying to work his way up, rather than taking a premiership club like sunderland.
Closed Thread