Unread 04-12-2008, 12:44 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
SSN says he couldn't agree a new contract
Plus he got bad reception

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Ginners

how can people say he hasnt done well, they hadnt won a game in the championship when he took over and then went up as champions, he then kept them up in the premier, and has left them with a squad capable of survival again. i think theres things going on behind the scenes that has affected him. fergie take him on as assistant.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:45 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
how can people say he hasnt done well, they hadnt won a game in the championship when he took over and then went up as champions, he then kept them up in the premier, and has left them with a squad capable of survival again. i think theres things going on behind the scenes that has affected him. fergie take him on as assistant.
For once I agree with the psamiad

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
SSN says he couldn't agree a new contract
£#%&!ing hell, he's got another 4 months to sort that out. He's shit out.

armchair

The beard was a giveaway. Everytime he's low he stops shaving. Doubt he'll work again.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Like what?

There has been no mention of unrest tbh. I think it's all got to him.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
borsuk

like ince, went too fast. just silly that someone with essentially bugger all experience gets a premiership club straight off. ex-players should either be assistants for a few years or get experience way down the league (not just championship, i mean low-tier stuff, including non-league).

same with tony adams imo. how somebody who failed at wycombe is supposed to handle portsmouth is beyond me.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
agreed.

I knew Keane couldn't handle it much longer. You could see it was getting to him.
any truth he was growing that beard so he could be the clubs santa claus this year

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:47 PM
armchair

He flipped out at some of the promotional stuff he was being asked to do recently - i.e. meeting and greeting etc.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
any truth he was growing that beard so he could be the clubs santa claus this year
I believe that to be true, yes.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He certainly did a great job getting them promoted. Since then he has spent fortunes on not particularly improving them. £70 odd million and in the bottom 3 after all. Still I think he should've toughed it out, that he didn't doesn't bode well for his career. He doesn't strike me as great assistant material, the assistant is supposed to be more approachable than the manager, more of a "friend" to the players.

puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He flipped out at some of the promotional stuff he was being asked to do recently - i.e. meeting and greeting etc.
hard life aint it .. ffs

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He certainly did a great job getting them promoted. Since then he has spent fortunes on not particularly improving them. £70 odd million and in the bottom 3 after all. Still I think he should've toughed it out, that he didn't doesn't bode well for his career. He doesn't strike me as great assistant material, the assistant is supposed to be more approachable than the manager, more of a "friend" to the players.
Keane would not be welcomed back to our place by Ferguson imo.

They got on okay but Fergie will feel like Keane let him down with that outburst about the players. He had to go for that. Fergie doesn't £#%&! about.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I believe that to be true, yes.
I think he copied Erics.

Ginners

Quote:
Like what?

There has been no mention of unrest tbh. I think it's all got to him.
dunno, could be anything. just because its not been in the press doesnt mean nothing has happened behind the scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
just silly that someone with essentially bugger all experience gets a premiership club straight off.
a premiership club languishing in the relegation zone in the championship you mean? spot on, as usual borsuk

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
naes_sean

pathetic. :shakehead:

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
like ince, went too fast. just silly that someone with essentially bugger all experience gets a premiership club straight off.
Weren't they adrift at the bottom of the Championship when Keane was appointed? Lost their first four iirc.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
dunno, could be anything. just because its not been in the press doesnt mean nothing has happened behind the scense

a premiership club languishing in the relegation zone in the championship you mean? spot on, as usual borsuk
Indeed but the fact that there has been no mention of any unrest whatsoever coupled with his regular praise for Quinn and the board etc would suggest otherwise Ginbob.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
armchair

I hope he punches Dunphy's lights out too. That two faced @#%&! got a few kicks in this week. £#%&!ing vampire #@&%!.

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

I do think it's a shame, if he just calmed down a bit and took it all a bit less personally maybe, I think he had it in him to be very good manager.
Closed Thread