Unread 04-12-2008, 04:02 PM
puressence

fletcher player of the season so far

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
fletcher player of the season so far
Thought you didn't like football threads?

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
rotating the squad, ensuring match fitness, giving players a rest...

none of these should be seen as 'dropping' a player

tevez may well play at the weekend, but it won't mean that berbatov, ronnie or rooney are suddenly out of favour, though doubtless meedja-speak requires that it be a 'slap in the face for suddenly out of favour [insert name]', requiring him to 'demand an explanation', 'confront fergie' and 'confide to friends' something or other.

we've got a big squad and, thankfully, the best person there is at managing it.

fwiw i still think the long-term plan is to have all four on the field together in a 4-2-3-1 formation:

back 4
two of anderson, fletcher, carrick, scholes, possebon
three of ronnie, rooney, berbatov, tevez, nani, park
one of rooney, berbatov, ronnie, tevez

atm
vds
quicksilva - rio - vidic - evra
fletcher - carrick
ronnie - berbatov - rooney
tevez

but it might take a while for that particular formation to work.
I see your logic, but that team is a little dreamteamy. It's essentially 4-2-4. We're only ever to play that against utterly shite opposition. In tougher games, Rooney would get pinned back and Ronaldo, well, won't go back.

Totally agree about all your other points. We've got 14 games in two months. That means no one is 'dropped'. Doesn't happen anymore. FWIW, I'd play Tevez up front with Berbatov on Saturday. Rooney can drop to the bench. Or 'drop' Berbatov, it doesn't really matter. Any two from three should terrrorise Sunderland, but I certainly think Tevez deserves the chance to gather some momentum and I'd be somewhat surprised if he didn't start.

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I see your logic, but that team is a little dreamteamy. It's essentially 4-2-4. We're only ever to play that against utterly shite opposition. In tougher games, Rooney would get pinned back and Ronaldo, well, won't go back.

Totally agree about all your other points. We've got 14 games in two months. That means no one is 'dropped'. Doesn't happen anymore. FWIW, I'd play Tevez up front with Berbatov on Saturday. Rooney can drop to the bench. Or 'drop' Berbatov, it doesn't really matter. Any two from three should terrrorise Sunderland, but I certainly think Tevez deserves the chance to gather some momentum and I'd be somewhat surprised if he didn't start.
I agree with that, being left on the bench should serve as a bit of a kick up the arse for the 'dropped'

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree with that, being left on the bench should serve as a bit of a kick up the arse for the 'dropped'
Possibly, there are also as i said loads of games coming up so everyone should get ago. It would be unfair not to play after a performance like Tevez' last night though. Thing is I thought Berbie and Rooney were excellent at siddy and really started to look good together.

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Ronaldo has been a constant threat in every game I've seen him play

And the last time we played that front three was at Anfield. It was shit. I don't want to see it again.

I would like to see the front three that started the European Cup final get a start at some point though.
But we didn't play with those three up front. What should've been:

VDS

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Scholes Carr Anders

Tevez Rooney
Berbatov

Was actually:

Back 5

Rooney Scholes Carrick Anderson

Berbatov Tevez

Stupid. Rooney and Anderson completely handicapped on each flank, with Scholes exposed in a two man midfield. Easily Fergie's stupidest tactical ploy of recent seasons.
If they'd be played in their proper positions and given freedom to roam, it would've been a different story. The same 'three' hasn't been deployed again since.

And Keano's Love? You don't talk shit, mate.....

.....you aspire to talking shit.

You deserve to be mocked and humiliated in a style of my choosing for that Tevez comment. You know the one....

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's only right that he should start. He deserved a start anyway and if he scores 4 goals and still couldn't get in the team then I'd forgive him for thinking he was banging his head against a brick wall.

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:35 PM
The Return of JC

I think he'll rest Ronaldo. He wanted to rest him against Villarreal and still hasn't done so. Since then, he's had lumps kicked out of him and been sent off. Good time to give him a break. Still effective, but not at his best, there'll probably never been a better opportunity to play someone else. When his form peaks, he really will be close to undroppable.

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think he'll rest Ronaldo. He wanted to rest him against Villarreal and still hasn't done so. Since then, he's had lumps kicked out of him and been sent off. Good time to give him a break. Still effective, but not at his best, there'll probably never been a better opportunity to play someone else. When his form peaks, he really will be close to undroppable.
Possibility at least.

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:48 PM
MJ Ramone

I'd play Tevez & Rooney up front on Saturday.
Berbatov doesn't have a divine right to be in the side just because he cost £32mill.
He's a fine footballer, but I don't want to see Wayne & Carlos 'rotated' every week while he keeps his shirt regardless.

*Incidentally, Keano's Love, along with Legendary SAF & all the other United hating WUMS really do make this Forum unbearable at times.
The hysterical, knee-jerk squealing they inflict in their posts is an embarrassment.
Tedious £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:56 PM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Berbatov doesn't have a divine right to be in the side just because he cost £32mill.
He's a fine footballer, but I don't want to see Wayne & Carlos 'rotated' every week while he keeps his shirt regardless.

*Incidentally, Keano's Love, along with Legendary SAF & all the other United hating WUMS really do make this Forum unbearable at times.
The hysterical, knee-jerk squealing they inflict in their posts is an embarrassment.
Tedious £#%&!ing @#%&!s.
Sounds good to me.

Unread 05-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Pop

Quote:
Tevez gives Fergie headache

Striker's four-goal haul gives boss huge selection problem

By Richard Bailey Last updated: 5th December 2008

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson admits that Carlos Tevez's performance against Blackburn has given him a huge selection dilemma.

Tevez was credited with four goals in United's 5-3 win over Rovers in the Carling Cup quarter-final at Old Trafford on Wednesday and Ferguson now has to decide who he starts with for the visit of Sunderland on Saturday.

The Argentine's haul has taken his tally this season to six, bringing him level with fellow strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney.

Ferguson has even toyed with the idea of playing all three of them in the same side against Sunderland but with the attacking nature of Cristiano Ronaldo the Scot is conscious of upsetting the balance of his team.

It ultimately means that one of the trio is set to miss out, causing more disappointment.

After a promising start to the campaign the 24-year-old Tevez has found himself on the bench with Ferguson opting to pair Rooney and Berbatov together.

With just six starts in the league all season, speculation has grown as to whether Tevez will stay at United when his loan deal runs out at the end of the season.

Ferguson knows that Tevez has been left frustrated this campaign but insisted he would not have it any other way.

He said: "It is obvious Carlos doesn't enjoy it. He wants to play. But do I want players who are quite happy to sit in the stand?

"I have to manage that situation the best I can. I understand he wants to play. I want to pick a team that wins.

"I have to be as fair as I possibly can. Performances do matter and his performance on Wednesday gives me a big problem.

"Carlos has given me a big selection problem. I have been doodling on my pad trying to see how I could fit all these players in.

"But one of the important parts of your team is a proper balance. I am working on that.

"It was a fantastic performance from the lad on Wednesday, full of energy and aggressive running.

"The lad always tries and I admire him for that, even if it does not make my job any easier."
£#%&! sake, what is there to decide? Stick Berbatov on the bench. He can sleep on it far more comfortably than he does on the pitch.

Unread 05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
£#%&! sake, what is there to decide? Stick Berbatov on the bench. He can sleep on it far more comfortably than he does on the pitch.
:shakehead:

I pity you.

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Sloppy

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:28 PM
naes_sean

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
once again sir, I am in agreement.

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:28 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
£#%&!in 'ell mate.

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
That is one of the best pictures I've ever seen

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Got work that Slopps.

Great character is Tom.

"How you doing fader?"

Unread 08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
brilliant table.
that goals and assists per game column is interesting. could you make it in numerical order. best to worst.

ronaldo has to start every game if fit.
Closed Thread