United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Still don't really think the Super Bishi-Bashi 4-2-4 will work.

Considering Ronaldo still hasn't had that rest that Fergie wanted to give him, I think now is as good a time as any to do so...

[Team: 4-3-3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That wasn't the reasoning JC put forward, he said the team would work better with Nani rather than Ronnie if you also played Tevez, Rooney and Berbie. If you wanna rest Ronnie, fine, bring in Nani, or Park or whoever you want.
hmm...

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Picking Nani instead of Ronnie that way does nothing but put in a worse player imo. He may stay a bit wider but is less effective and does no more defensively, not really sure of any positive difference this could make from my team? Maybe Park in there if you want more protection defensively, or anderson in a proper midfield 3.
TBH, if we do insist on using all four of the big guns at some stage, then tomorrow is as good a time as any.

I think Nani deserves to retain his place too. He needs a run of games like Tevez and Ronnie could do with a rest. But yeah, Park or anybody would do. As stated earlier, pretty much any decent, balanced 11 we pick will be enough to beat Sunderland.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
TBH, if we do insist on using all four of the big guns at some stage, then tomorrow is as good a time as any.

I think Nani deserves to retain his place too. He needs a run of games like Tevez and Ronnie could do with a rest. But yeah, Park or anybody would do. As stated earlier, pretty much any decent, balanced 11 we pick will be enough to beat Sunderland.
I agree.

TT, I wasn't responding to that. Keep looking.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I agree.

TT, I wasn't responding to that. Keep looking.
don't be silly

i edited it very carefully thankyou

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
don't be silly

i edited it very carefully thankyou
Furry muff.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:24 PM
The Return of JC

Boys, boys, it's not really important. My point was that Nani offers a little more natural width than Ronnie (who likes to roam. All four of Ronaldo, Tevez, Berb and Roo would be very narrow. Nani woud bring a little more structure to the formation. My putting him the three in midfield was a little misleading, apologies.) I agree that both Nani and Ronaldo have more or less the same defensive responsibility (i.e. very little).

I'd also have Nani for the simple rotation factor and the fact that he thrives on a bit of momentum and we should be rewarding players that do well when they come in - so Tevez and Nani should start.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd also have Nani for the simple rotation factor and the fact that he thrives on a bit of momentum and we should be rewarding players that do well when they come in - so Tevez and Nani should start.
No problem with that at all.

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

personally i would love to see United with Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov all fluid and flexible, popping up here there and everywhere, keeping the ball for fun, running the opposition into fits of uncontrollable laughter...

and then one of them playing Rafael in through the middle to volley home

Unread 05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Coracao

Quote:
£#%&! it, we're at home, they are shit and in a total mess, i'm going with this :-

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman

Carrick
Fletcher

Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Berbie
VDS for Foster, and i'd go along with that.

Unread 05-12-2008, 05:31 PM
MJ Ramone

VDS

Evra
Rio
Vidic
Rafael

Ronaldo
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani

Rooney
Tevez

..it'll be along those lines I'd imagine.

Unread 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
The Watcher

VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Fletcher
Anderson

Ronnie
Rooney