United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Zorg

Default Benzema loves Real Madrid but 'likes' United

http://www.soccernews.com/category/world-cup/

Quote:
Lyon striker Karim Benzema has revealed Real Madrid, AC Milan and Manchester United as clubs he could join next summer.

Reports says United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of the France international youngster.

Benzema has also revealed that he prefers watching the English, Italian and Spanish leagues over the French Ligue 1.

“I feel good at Lyon, but leaving before or after the World Cup is not going to change anything,” Benzema told Le 10 Sport.

“I do not really watch Ligue 1 football, but I love the English, Italian and Spanish leagues.

“I have been a Real Madrid fan since a kid, but I also like great clubs such as Milan and Manchester [United].”

[Source: Le 10 Sport]
Obviously dying to go to Manchester.

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:16 PM
thatsfuctit

Benzema issues 'come and make me the biggest offer plea'

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Bunker Buster

he has signed for madrid hasnt he?

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
he has signed for madrid hasnt he?
Quote:
United are now favourites to sign Lyon striker Karim Benzema after Real Madrid ruled out a move. However, Lyon want nearly £90m for the 20-year-old. (Sunday Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/7769780.stm

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Bunker Buster

90 mill.............

Jesus H christ on a Kayak.........

Id swap him for berbatov though

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
90 mill.............

Jesus H christ on a Kayak.........

Id swap him for berbatov though
I'm not sure Lyon would...

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
BarryX

City will try and sign him. I seriously think they will bankroll the kind of deal Abramovich wouldn't even touch, and if they went to see 60 or 70 million plus 200k per week they will probably get him.

Damn shame, he'd be a fine fine signing, for us.

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
History

He's not that good.

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Zorg

siddy are supposed to be after Ribery too, according to made-up rumours on the BBC site.
Shame if true as he's a cracking player.

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He's not that good.
He is better than citeh.

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
“I have been a Real Madrid fan since a kid, but I also like great clubs such as Milan and Manchester [United].”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
City will try and sign him. I seriously think they will bankroll the kind of deal Abramovich wouldn't even touch, and if they went to see 60 or 70 million plus 200k per week they will probably get him.

Damn shame, he'd be a fine fine signing, for us.
wouldn't surprise me, he never actually said utd. it's a come and get me plea to the massives. he lives for the day when he grows a moustache and plays in laser blue.

Unread 07-12-2008, 02:54 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He's not that good.
agreed. he scores goals ffs.

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Er, does it really matter who he likes? It's not like we're ever going to sign him, is it? We could have made a serious bid in the summer but chose to go elsewhere.

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:19 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Benzema loves Real Madrid but 'likes' United
buy him...then sell the @#%&!

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Beat him as well.

with a stick

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Beat him as well.

with a stick
A shitty stick?

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
A shitty stick?
Yep a huge big Shitty stick wrapped in Garlic.

French @#%&!.

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Dueling Banjos

Thumbs up

Good man.

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

Unread 07-12-2008, 03:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Er, does it really matter who he likes? It's not like we're ever going to sign him, is it? We could have made a serious bid in the summer but chose to go elsewhere.
We made several approaches during the course of last season and were told to not even bother thinking about it. Aulas even said as much in an interview before the CL tie. Benzema even signed a new deal last year to make sure no team could dictate the fee, making sure Aulas is in charge of any transfer. Not matter what we could have done with regards to making bids this summer, we were getting £#%&!ed off.

I'm sure the original plan was to wait until after the 2010 WC in the hope he had proved himself the hottest prospect on the planet, ensuring an auction and a massive fee, I imagine Benzema begrudgingly agreed to this tactic when signing his new deal. However, due to the global economic position and the fact that Benzema wants to further his career, I imagine they are thinking of testing the waters, see what monies are around this summer.

It's worth noting that Milan are broke, and have been pleading poverty for a while and United and Madrid's financial position is well documented, all clubs he has mentioned by name as possible destinations. Chelsea are even tightening the purse strings, and they are one of Lyon's 'customers', who would normally at least help bump the price up.

That leaves City.

Would Benzema rather stay at Lyon until someone he wants to play for stumps up the cash, or would he do a Robinho?
Closed Thread