United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2008, 09:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v The Fighting Sbragias - The Official Thread

£#%&! it, we're at home, they are shit and in a total mess, i'm going with this :-

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman

Carrick
Fletcher

Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Berbie

Unread 05-12-2008, 09:16 AM
keano's love

vds
rafael---rio---evans---evra
------carrick---scholes-----
ronaldo-----------------nani-
------------rooney----------
--------berbs---------------

Unread 05-12-2008, 09:40 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
£#%&! it, we're at home, they are shit and in a total mess, i'm going with this :-

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman

Carrick
Fletcher

Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Berbie
vds will play, other than that i'll take it. wouldn't be surprised to see ronnie rested and nani in. possibly anderson for one of carrick or fletcher.

scholes to come on in the second half, please. needs the minutes.

Unread 05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
BarryX

VDS

Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Anderson Carrick
Ronaldo Tevez Rooney
Garry Berbles

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:02 AM
prunier84

edwin the fireman

sol-glow/ vidic/ rio/ patrick

anderson/carrick

ronaldo/tevez/rooney
di-mi-tar

he probably shouldnt play all 4 of them but if he's not going to do it tmrw when will he?

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Withers

Van Der Sar

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Park
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Berbatov
Tevez

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
dodger

Quote:

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman

Carrick
Fletcher

Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Berbie
Why Foster Jabbers?

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

not bothered what the team is - rotation is big over the next month or two

rather not see Neville if i'm being honest, but aside from that absolutely any balanced XI in a flexible formation will get the job done

we're on fire

only a handful of tough games (on paper and depending on cup draws) in the next two months

we're cruising into position

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:13 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Why Foster Jabbers?
I'd give the lad a bit of a run out...really want to see him given the chance to take over the number 1 jersey next year.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Garry Berbles

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
dodger

Quote:
I'd give the lad a bit of a run out...really want to see him given the chance to take over the number 1 jersey next year.
I agree but given that Tommy K is getting as many games as Foster I can't see a clear policy. I also Foster looked ropey the other night.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman

Carrick
Fletcher

Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Berbie
1-0 Sunderland.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Foster

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman

Carrick
Fletcher

Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Berbie
Still don't really think the Super Bishi-Bashi 4-2-4 will work. It's a little counter productive with too many cooks and massive gaps in midfield. It was terrible when all four players were on against Hull. There's just no need for so many strikers, it's fantasy stuff.
Sunderland may pack the midfield too and I wouldn't want 2 midfielders up against 5.
Tevez has to play. If someone scores four goals then they deserve to play.

Not sure Rafael will start three games in a week, but I really hope he does. Gary Neville makes me sad now

Considering Ronaldo still hasn't had that rest that Fergie wanted to give him, I think now is as good a time as any to do so.
I think Fletcher and Carrick will be back in midfield. So:

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick
Nani

Tevez
Rooney
Berbatov

Sunderland are in pieces at the moment. Cisse is decent, but I can't see them containing us. We're hitting our stride now and the goals are flowing steadily at home. I think it could be a big one for us tomorrow. I'll be surprised if it's less than 3.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:26 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not bothered what the team is - rotation is big over the next month or two

rather not see Neville if i'm being honest, but aside from that absolutely any balanced XI in a flexible formation will get the job done
we're on fire

only a handful of tough games (on paper and depending on cup draws) in the next two months

we're cruising into position
I agree. We've really trimmed the shit out of the squad in the last couple of years and we don't have such a thing as a weakened side anymore. Evans coming in for Ferdinand is not the same as a few years back when it was Richardson coming in for Giggs, or Fletcher on the right wing for Ronaldo. We replace quality with quality now and, as you say, any well balanced 11 is good enough to beat Sunderland.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
glad it was noticed by someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I agree but given that Tommy K is getting as many games as Foster I can't see a clear policy. I also Foster looked ropey the other night.
From what I saw it wasn't his best game by a long shot. Just want to see the lad given a decent run out. I don't know why, but for some reason I'd rather Foster got the number one jersey ahead of Tomas, even if Tomas is proven to be slightly better than him. Can't explain why, but just want Foster to be our new goalie.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Still don't really think the Super Bishi-Bashi 4-2-4 will work. It's a little counter productive with too many cooks and massive gaps in midfield. It was terrible when all four players were on against Hull. There's just no need for so many strikers, it's fantasy stuff.
Sunderland may pack the midfield too and I wouldn't want 2 midfielders up against 5.

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick
Nani

Tevez
Rooney
Berbatov
what's the difference between playing all the top front four and playing this? nani is no more defensive than ronnie, tbh, so you're just fooling yourself sticking him on the left of a m/f three.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:32 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Sunderland are in pieces at the moment. Cisse is decent, but I can't see them containing us. We're hitting our stride now and the goals are flowing steadily at home. I think it could be a big one for us tomorrow. I'll be surprised if it's less than 3.
Bet thats what Keano was thinking when he decided to write the text to Quinn.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
what's the difference between playing all the top front four and playing this? nani is no more defensive than ronnie, tbh, so you're just fooling yourself sticking him on the left of a m/f three.
He's not the best defensively, admittedly, but I think he has more of a natural instinct to stay wide. He operates from a little deeper than Ronaldo and I think he does track back a little better. Picked less for his defensive duties and more for the natural width he brings to the side.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:36 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
glad it was noticed by someone.

From what I saw it wasn't his best game by a long shot. Just want to see the lad given a decent run out. I don't know why, but for some reason I'd rather Foster got the number one jersey ahead of Tomas, even if Tomas is proven to be slightly better than him. Can't explain why, but just want Foster to be our new goalie.
Potential, surely? I see nothing in Kusczcak to suggest he's anywhere near good enough to be United's No. 1. Whereas Foster has the potential to improve massively. It just a case of getting games, fulfilling that potential and seeing if he has the mental strength to be a United keeper.

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:36 AM
borsuk

Quote:
I don't know why, but for some reason I'd rather Foster got the number one jersey ahead of Tomas, even if Tomas is proven to be slightly better than him. Can't explain why, but just want Foster to be our new goalie.

Closed Thread