Unread 14-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
heads will roll.
Very droll

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:01 PM
Chris Quayd

BBC, Guardian and Telegraph all reporting this, don’t see how Jim or anyone else competes with this lot. Will be a grotesque day in our history when we hand the keys over to this lot

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:09 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
BBC, Guardian and Telegraph all reporting this, don’t see how Jim or anyone else competes with this lot. Will be a grotesque day in our history when we hand the keys over to this lot
Maybe. Or just another development in the evolution of the game?

Genie’s out of the bottle now.

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Maybe. Or just another development in the evolution of the game?

Genie’s out of the bottle now.
Evolution implies some sort of advancement, what can this lot add other than an obscene amount of cash? Money doesn’t guarantee success but we’ve already seen how it distorts the game and destroys it from within

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:28 PM
silv

Quote:
Evolution implies some sort of advancement, what can this lot add other than an obscene amount of cash? Money doesn’t guarantee success but we’ve already seen how it distorts the game and destroys it from within
Would you rather be in the tent or out the tent?

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Glee of some United "fans"

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:32 PM
atticusgrinch

Hopefully this is all resolved in good time for sorting summer transfers inshallah.

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Would you rather be in the tent or out the tent?
I’d rather burn the tent down

Unread 14-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
There’s no better alternative. Only people who can run and own us are billionaires. Every billionaire would had to have done some terrible thing along the way to earn their billions.

Unread 14-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
There’s no better alternative. Only people who can run and own us are billionaires. Every billionaire would had to have done some terrible thing along the way to earn their billions.
what have big Jim and Elon done ?

None Unionised staff and some EA water breaches oh noeeeee ..

Unread 14-02-2023, 01:03 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
They do say that behind every fortune lies a crime. But in their case it comes from having a shit load of oil and gas under their land, as opposed to leveraging buys out and using turnover to pay off interest on loans, etc (alright, technically that's not a crime, either, but it £#%&!ing sucks).

So long as they don't treat the workers fixing up OT as badly they did for their World Cup stadiums, I'd be far, far happier with them than the Glazer clan.

Unread 14-02-2023, 01:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
So you want regulations in place that aren't in place and an intelligent non-billionaire to shell out £4-6 billion to buy the club?

Cool.
I was asked for my preference and I gave it as far as who should be allowed to own clubs, there is a white paper about to be presented which could likely and belatedly ban leveraged buy-outs, it’s not some pie in the sky dream.

I’m not expecting a non-billionaire to buy us and I don’t have a problem with someone like Radcliffe who has demonstrated some nous along the way, I strongly object to the deference, these Arabs and people like Musk are utterly clueless about a great many things.

The idea that we trust people because they are apparently rich is the same nonsense that was spouted about the Glazers in ‘05, “they’re businessmen they know what they are doing” - oh ok apologies, you crack on lads, businessmen have never been wrong

Unread 14-02-2023, 03:52 PM
tatty

There’s the world as we’d like it to be…and the world as it is.

And that translates as being pious also-rans…or being regular winners.

I’d rather be pious and win regularly…but that’s not realistic.

Unread 14-02-2023, 08:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 14-02-2023, 08:40 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
got to be a concern jeff. Our Middle Eastern overlords start dictating which players need to come into our squad - basically the issues Poch had at PSG.

We finally get a manger who has the intelligence and gravitas to manage the club and now potential new owners who will dictate to him who we bring in and when. Yet we still have a large swathe of our support busy looking for a tea towel to put on their heads as soon as this goes through

Looks like we’re determined to turn into citeh….

Unread 14-02-2023, 08:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
got to be a concern jeff. Our Middle Eastern overlords start dictating which players need to come into our squad - basically the issues Poch had at PSG.

We finally get a manger who has the intelligence and gravitas to manage the club and now potential new owners who will dictate to him who we bring in and when. Yet we still have a large swathe of our support busy looking for a tea towel to put on their heads as soon as this goes through

Keithers…

Unread 14-02-2023, 08:56 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That’s why Weghorst was only a loan. If the Qatari deal goes through, and martial is unfortunate with injuries next season then Mbappe will almost certainly be in with a shout of taking his place while he’s out.

Unread 14-02-2023, 09:07 PM
silv

Quote:

hopefully if it happens, the manager would get full control like at City

you can’t complain that the owners have interfered there

Unread 14-02-2023, 09:32 PM
Jethro

Quote:

All they need to do is inject cash and expand the "brand". It's a tap in for any buyer.

Unread 14-02-2023, 09:33 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
hopefully if it happens, the manager would get full control like at City

you can’t complain that the owners have interfered there
Yeah pal, realise that. It’s just what to make of the psg situation which is controlled by Qatar ie the lads who want to buy us?
Closed Thread