United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Ole's fault our midfield can't find a red shirt.

Mata screaming at them today says it all.
He persists with this 4 2 3 1 that doesnt help. Lets the front 4 stay forward and doesnt let the players commit.

What ends up happening is our two CMs are deep ..infront of them they had a winger wide left and right and a CF who doesnt move. Then there is the number 10 who has to try and find space between two banks of 4.

On the rare chance the mid gets the ball into our wingers everybody apart from the CF is miles away from the box. So its dan james hitting a cross into one player ( two if are lucky) whilst they have a back 5/6 players defending.

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:53 PM
puressence

Could be an incredibly long week or the best week ever god help us if it’s still the two Brazilians in midfield next two games

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can’t be Ole’s fault that they’re just £#%&!ing awful players. Nowt he can do though and there’s no budget for sorting this shit out, so we’re pissing in the wind somewhat.
Preach, brother.

Promoted teams like Sheff Utd and Villa have some pride in themselves.

We don't.

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Enjoyed that

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Could be an incredibly long week or the best week ever god help us if it’s still the two Brazilians in midfield next two games
Do you think we’ll ever have a Brazilian in the team that isn’t utter £#%&!?

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Keane said these players would get him sacked. Looks a bit sagey.
Very Keane thing to say, but I don't think this is a bad group. Ole got rid of a couple of the more self-indulgent ones.

Those guys seem honest and want to do well. There's a clear limit on what they can achieve, but it's hard to see what Ole is contributing.

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Keane said these players would get him sacked. Looks a bit sagey.
Imagine if Mourinho turns us over next week

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
I don't think you will need to imagine it, you can watch it on Weds night,

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
He will and he will love every minute of it.

Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very Keane thing to say, but I don't think this is a bad group. Ole got rid of a couple of the more self-indulgent ones.

Those guys seem honest and want to do well. There's a clear limit on what they can achieve, but it's hard to see what Ole is contributing.
This.

As much as i hate Pereira the lad is obviously trying his best and clearly loves playing for the club, but it's the managers job to figure out what works best for the team.

And i dont understand how he can watch that as a former player himself and conclude Pereira played well and should play as a CDM

Especially when he has a player on the bench in Garner who can play that position with his eyes closed.

And the Shaw sub at the end there?

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think you will need to imagine it, you can watch it on Weds night,
Fs we have a fixture in 3 days

Maybe if the games come thick and fast theyll be less painful

Alex Jones was Right

2 decent central midfielders added to the squad and we’d be about 12 points better off.

Unread 01-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Pochettino hasnt won anything. But he is better than ole. Right now we need a change.
And we'll have change for a few weeks before it reverts back to shit. It's almost as if the fanbase has a lobotomy after each managerial sacking.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Well, he’s got rid of a couple of indulgent ones and brought in better ones, and will continue to do so. So that’s at least one thing he’s contributing that previous managers didn’t.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:00 PM
Patty_b

We have no £#%&!ing midfield. I saged the game because if The Scottish Player wasn't playing then we were always going to be battered in the middle of the pitch. If you're going to get battered in the middle of the pitch then the only option you have is to lump the ball from front to back. Which is never going to work with the players we have upfront. We were £#%&!ed from the second the squad was announced.

We couldn't offer any protection to the back line, and we couldn't offer anything to the front three.

The Scottish Player isn't the best passer in the world and even with him in the team we still lack creativity, but he will always offer good defensive contributions, and the ability to run past players and play a forward pass which connects to it's intended target.

The squad needs massive investment. A new striker, another winger, 2 more good midfielders at least and possibly another centre back. No point wasting even more money chopping and changing managers when the ships sinking from holes that desperately need patching up.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:01 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Enjoyed that
Same, another step closer to Ole out.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
We have no f***ing midfield. I saged the game because if The Scottish Player wasn't playing then we were always going to be battered in the middle of the pitch. If you're going to get battered in the middle of the pitch then the only option you have is to lump the ball from front to back. Which is never going to work with the players we have upfront. We were f***ed from the second the squad was announced.

We couldn't offer any protection to the back line, and we couldn't offer anything to the front three.

The Scottish Player isn't the best passer in the world and even with him in the team we still lack creativity, but he will always offer good defensive contributions, and the ability to run past players and play a forward pass which connect to it's intended target.

The squad needs massive investment. A new striker, another winger, 2 more good midfielders at least and possibly another centre back. No point wasting even more money chopping and changing managers when the ships sinking from holes that desperately need patching up.
Saged the game

Everyone on this planet would have said the game would be a shitshow beforehand.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
And i dont understand how he can watch that as a former player himself and conclude Pereira played well and should play as a CDM
I don’t think that’s ole’s conclusion. He will be replaced.

Quote:
Especially when he has a player on the bench in Garner who can play that position with his eyes closed.
Ah yes, yet another young player to rely on despite hardly ever playing at this level.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Ronny

Ole naivety is killing us
He says he dreamt of management all his life but imagines he can succeed without attacking drills and passing tempo,
He still hopes loyalty to certain players will be rewarded, he must have known how disaffected Pogba was yet starts the season with the team built around him.
I’m more upset that Ole has made such a halfarsed attempt at management than the results as this club is a car crash under Woodward.

Unread 01-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
2 decent central midfielders added to the squad and we’d be about 12 points better off.
It is almost as if Arsenal and Utd are having a competition to see who can put out the weakest midfield.