United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Lok

It could be Napoli trying to force our hand because it looks like we've moved on to other targets.

There's no way we're paying the £90m release clause, certainly not in one go.

£60-70m is more realistic.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Apparently City have made a bid.
I honestly think he'd be a disaster in the PL.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It could be Napoli trying to force our hand because it looks like we've moved on to other targets.

There's no way we're paying the £90m release clause, certainly not in one go.

£60-70m is more realistic.
Why not?

Van Dyke cost Liverpool £75 million 18 months ago. If that's what a 'world class' centre backs costs, then it is what it is.

Just pay the £#%&!ing fee and get it done.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I honestly think he'd be a disaster in the PL.
I don't watch Serie A a lot but he does seem a bit rash. Could be a very expensive Bailly.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I don't watch Serie A a lot but he does seem a bit rash. Could be a very expensive Bailly.
Whenever I've seen him he seems to follow the ball. Awesome 1v1, but dragged all over the show and not the best organiser.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Why not?

Van Dyke cost Liverpool £75 million 18 months ago. If that's what a 'world class' centre backs costs, then it is what it is.

Just pay the £#%&!ing fee and get it done.
Liverpool were buying him from the Premier League which added a premium. Plus they £#%&!ed Southampton about so much they had to pay a lot more. He nearly went for £50m not long earlier.

£90m for Koulibaly is a risk the club wont take. They paid it for Pogba because he is marketable. There's no way they'll pay that for a centre back that the casual fan has never heard of.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Liverpool were buying him from the Premier League which added a premium. Plus they £#%&!ed Southampton about so much they had to pay a lot more. He nearly went for £50m not long earlier.

£90m for Koulibaly is a risk the club wont take. They paid it for Pogba because he is marketable. There's no way they'll pay that for a centre back that the casual fan has never heard of.
This is 100% the reason.

I'm not saying it's right to splash £90mil on a centre back, nor do I think Koulibaly is worth the money and I think there must be better options out there. But if he, or anyone else, is the best option who is available to us, and that's what they cost, then we just need to pay the fee and get it done.

It's like we're going round a car-boot sale looking at the nicest things people have to offer, offering them half of what price tag says, and then getting told to go £#%&! ourselves. It won't be long until everyone has packed up and £#%&!ed off, and we end up paying the same amount anyway on something shitter.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
This is 100% the reason.

I'm not saying it's right to splash £90mil on a centre back, nor do I think Koulibaly is worth the money and I think there must be better options out there. But if he, or anyone else, is the best option who is available to us, and that's what they cost, then we just need to pay the fee and get it done.

It's like we're going round a car-boot sale looking at the nicest things people have to offer, offering them half of what price tag says, and then getting told to go £#%&! ourselves. It won't be long until everyone has packed up and £#%&!ed off, and we end up paying the same amount anyway on something shitter.
Or going home and sticking with our existing VHS copies of Jaws 4 and Flight of the Navigator for another year.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Why not?

Because of his age, and having never played in England. Plus, god knows if he can even speak English.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Lok

Quote:
Or going home and sticking with our existing VHS copies of Jaws 4 and Flight of the Navigator for another year.
£#%&!ing love Flight of the Navigator. A proper 80s film.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
£#%&!ing love Flight of the Navigator. A proper 80s film.
Exactly.

Was great years ago

Probably shit now.

Unread 19-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Because of his age, and having never played in England. Plus, god knows if he can even speak English.
I don't care if he's actually 45, only played on the moon and speaks Mandarin. If he's the best option available to us then get him signed. If he's not the best option, then sign the lad who is.

Quote:
Awesome film with a great opening.

Unread 19-06-2019, 12:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
I don't care if he's actually 45, only played on the moon and speaks Mandarin. If he's the best option available to us then get him signed. If he's not the best option, then sign the lad who is..
Hmmmm...

Unread 19-06-2019, 12:16 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Hmmmm...

This is why we again find ourselves staggering around the transfer market without a scooby of who we should be buying or any idea of of how to go about it if we are somehow by sheer chance lucky enough to home in on a decent prospect.

What the £#%&!ing £#%&! happened to the talk of a savvy Director of football and a restructure. same shit in groundhog land

Unread 19-06-2019, 12:50 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let me guess, 60m?

whereas we were being told to pay, what was it, 90 odd?
85 million. That won’t be happening as it’s just used to flush out other clubs to bid as Napoli are desperate to sell
Him to reinvest.

Unread 19-06-2019, 12:53 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
This is why we again find ourselves staggering around the transfer market without a scooby of who we should be buying or any idea of of how to go about it if we are somehow by sheer chance lucky enough to home in on a decent prospect.

What the £#%&!ing £#%&! happened to the talk of a savvy Director of football and a restructure. same shit in groundhog land
Think it was scar who said it that getting Woodward to bring in a DoF is akin to asking a turkey to vote for Christmas, which is a pretty sound analogy really. He thinks he knows what he's doing, despite embarrassment after embarrassment. Can only hope he dies young because I can't see anything changing soon.

Unread 12-07-2020, 04:32 AM
armchair

Another pure discovery.

Unread 12-07-2020, 07:13 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Another pure discovery.
We signing him brother

Unread 12-07-2020, 08:00 AM
windy waffles

Quote: