United V Sunderland Div 2 74/75

United v Carlisle FA Cup 77/78

Orient v United 74/75

Part 1

Part 2

United v Derby 1976 fa cup semi

Unread 19-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Denis Irwell

Wasn’t orient the opening game in div 2?

Sunderland game had easily biggest gate on the day. 63500 full cap? Wouldn’t believe it was a div 2 game. Stret on full volume, big away following, they had some decent players, Billy Hughes, Tueart, Watson, Montgomery etc. cracking game.

Unread 19-12-2017, 10:19 PM
thatsfuctit

United v Juve 1976

City v United 78/79

Spurs v United 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Sunderland game had easily biggest gate on the day. 63500 full cap? Wouldn’t believe it was a div 2 game. Stret on full volume, big away following, they had some decent players, Billy Hughes, Tueart, Watson, Montgomery etc. cracking game.
Yes, Orient was first game of the season

Sheff U v United 75/75

Unread 19-12-2017, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yes, and our fans went on the rampage before and afterwards

Unread 19-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, and our fans went on the rampage before and afterwards
Saying nothing..... other than:

“We’ll be back we’ll be back we’ll be back
We’ll be back we’ll be back we’ll be back back back”

Don’t make em like that anymore

Edit: the rampage at venues like orient, soton etc was largely so called cockney reds who you’d never see at Leeds , Newcastle, Liverpool or the derby. Remember at Luton queueing up for a burger for £#%&!ing ages and just as I got near to being served, a bunch of cockney scrotes attacked the stall and made off with cash hot dogs, burgers etc. poor vendor just packed up and took what they’d left him. I got my hot dog though, after @#%&!ting this @#%&! who thought he’d pulled off the great train robbery.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Red Al

Proper thread this

Unread 28-12-2017, 12:52 PM
thatsfuctit

V Vermin 79/80
featuring worst execution of an offside trap and worst miss

79 Semi at Maine Road

Unread 24-01-2018, 07:33 PM
denis lawless

thatsfuctiters.......you haven't got a vid of the Aston Villa - United 2-2 draw from 14. October 1978 by any chance , have you ? ....t'was on MOTD.

looked everywhere, just cant find it....got me in a bit of trouble being on the telly at the time

Unread 24-01-2018, 08:27 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
thatsfuctiters.......you haven't got a vid of the Aston Villa - United 2-2 draw from 14. October 1978 by any chance , have you ? ....t'was on MOTD.

looked everywhere, just cant find it....got me in a bit of trouble being on the telly at the time
I'll have a look Den, i don't have a secret stash, i just nosey on that youtube.

In the meantime, here's some more old stuff

Unread 24-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Denis Irwell

79 semi at Maine Rd. Dodgy penalty for Liverpool surprise. Barely touched dalglish... only surprise was he didn’t throw himself on the floor. Protected species. Several fouls would’ve seen red today. Souness on McIlroy, (didn’t even get a mention) Hansen on McQueen... and that was just the first half. Remember “discussing” with dippers afterwards them complaining it wasn’t a good football match because we didn’t stand around admiring them.... they weren’t shy putting their foot in though.

£#%&!ing glad we stuffed em at Goodison in the replay. Epic days. Jimmy Greenhoff, what a class playoh. Sexton got some stick but the football wasn’t exactly Moyes or lvg. Probably suffered after Docs flamboyant sides and personality. Some characters in that team though. Plenty of action in Rusholme after.

Unread 24-01-2018, 09:00 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
79 semi at Maine Rd. Dodgy penalty for Liverpool surprise. Barely touched dalglish... only surprise was he didn’t throw himself on the floor. Protected species. Several fouls would’ve seen red today. Souness on McIlroy, (didn’t even get a mention) Hansen on McQueen... and that was just the first half. Remember “discussing” with dippers afterwards them complaining it wasn’t a good football match because we didn’t stand around admiring them.... they weren’t shy putting their foot in though.

£#%&!ing glad we stuffed em at Goodison in the replay. Epic days. Jimmy Greenhoff, what a class playoh. Sexton got some stick but the football wasn’t exactly Moyes or lvg. Probably suffered after Docs flamboyant sides and personality. Some characters in that team though. Plenty of action in Rusholme after.
Went to the Maine Road one, replay was consumed on the radio.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:03 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I'll have a look Den, i don't have a secret stash, i just nosey on that youtube.
cheers pal !

ive had a look myself but not come across it....but if you come across it, it would be great to see......id told my mum I was on a school trip in the lake district ....when United scored the equaliser, apparently, the camera zoomed in on the United fans and I was going mental at the top of a fan avalanche ....a mate saw it and pointed it out to his mum, who told my mum she'd seen me on the telly ......and I got a right %@#$&!ing

ive never seen it.

on the plus side, I found 2 fivers wrapped together on the station platform on the way home....paid for the ticket, the train fare and a pie at half time

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
cheers pal !

ive had a look myself but not come across it....but if you come across it, it would be great to see......id told my mum I was on a school trip in the lake district ....when United scored the equaliser, apparently, the camera zoomed in on the United fans and I was going mental at the top of a fan avalanche ....a mate saw it and pointed it out to his mum, who told my mum she'd seen me on the telly ......and I got a right %@#$&!ing

ive never seen it.

on the plus side, I found 2 fivers wrapped together on the station platform on the way home....paid for the ticket, the train fare and a pie at half time
... and curry and a prozzer on the way home

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:27 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
... and curry and a prozzer on the way home

didn't have my first curry till the mid 80s.......

and had a right arm like Arnold Schwarzenegger

although at that age, rumbling in your pockets for change was all you needed to set yourself off

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:28 PM
The Mull

Quote:

As Riccers said mayhem in that there London for that Odidn't game

The Sunderland game, the Stretty ran across the pitch before the kick off as the Makems were singing about Munich, they all bolted for the exits, old Bill stopped any miver

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Spock

Quote:
cheers pal !

ive never seen it.

Splendid stuff Den

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:46 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Splendid stuff Den
crazy times Doctor S ........ so much violence back then, she didn't let me go to games to I spent a lot of time on school trips or roller skating at the Nevada in Bolton (I think I went once)

I was so shocked at being rumbled that I didn't think to deny it on the spot.

on another occasion, another school trip I'd gone to a game in London (arsenal I think it was) and thought id not get back till sunday afternoon.....but I got a lift back with some reds and I was back before midnight....so I had to sneak into the garage and sleep in there because I couldn't go back into the house bloody freezing it was.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:49 PM
The Mull

Quote:

Quote:
crazy times Doctor S ........ so much violence back then, she didn't let me go to games to I spent a lot of time on school trips or roller skating at the Nevada in Bolton (I think I went once)

on another occasion, another school trip I'd gone to a game in London (arsenal I think it was) and thought id not get back till sunday afternoon.....but I got a lift back with some reds and I was back before midnight....so I had to sneak into the garage and sleep in there because I couldn't go back into the house bloody freezing it was.

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

didn't have my first curry till the mid 80s.......

and had a right arm like Arnold Schwarzenegger

although at that age, rumbling in your pockets for change was all you needed to set yourself off
a left arm like Ashley Grimes and a right like Arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mull
As Riccers said mayhem in that there London for that Odidn't game

The Sunderland game, the Stretty ran across the pitch before the kick off as the Makems were singing about Munich, they all bolted for the exits, old Bill stopped any miver
Think we’d just signed Pearson before Orient game. Outside Euston atmosphere was buoyant and optimistic after we’d gone down. Remember Doc had persisted with old hands until near the end of previous season and then put Daly and a few new faces in and we started to play with just a few games to go. Too late but never looked back.

must be my fading memory, unless we got in late and missed the invasion. Was in the Stret paddock. Top day, that.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
cheers pal !

ive never seen it.

Quote:

£#%&!ing superb Den, love it