United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 23-05-2023, 08:31 PM
ScarFace

Unread 23-05-2023, 08:56 PM
tatty

Ratcliffe must know that once fans realise he's enabled the Glazer's to stick around, and nothing meaningful has changed within the club, he is going to get dogs abuse.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It’s fine though because Ned bought a house once and it took a while.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:38 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
so are you paying tax on the money you spent on yourself?
No. Why would I? Given its a business expense?

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
No. Why would I? Given its a business expense?
because it’s a benefit isn’t it

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:42 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think Measley just wanted to brag about the £700 bar bill, it has zero relevance to any point he’s making.
Why the £#%&! would I want to boast about having to itemise a large bar bill that happened when I was in bed? The point I was trying to make, and you seemed not to grasp, is that the bill was fine as a business expense, nobody made £#%&! all on it, and it's a ballache to have to itemise.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s fine though because Ned bought a house once and it took a while.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:44 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
because it’s a benefit isn’t it
No. It's not. If I'm traveling with work and I have to eat, I expect it paid for. Traveling with work is for work, not for personal enjoyment.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:46 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Unreal. Can’t understand people who are okay with them staying.
Who is? Youre deliberately simplifying it to create a position no one has made.

It’s pretty simple - the glazers having a minority stake and zero power or influence under hopefully, a successful and highly motivated new owner is seen by many as a superficial compromise. No one wants them to stay - they just don’t see their staying as material in any sense.

But If you’re more motivated in securing ME sponsored state football ownership ‘to keep up with citeh and PSG’ then you’re unlikely to be convinced by any alternative.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:48 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Who is? Youre deliberately simplifying it to create a position no one has made.

It’s pretty simple - the glazers having a minority stake and zero power or influence under hopefully, a successful and highly motivated new owner is seen by many as a superficial compromise. No one wants them to stay - they just don’t see their staying as material in any sense.

But If you’re more motivated in securing ME sponsored state football ownership ‘to keep up with citeh and PSG’ then you’re unlikely to be convinced by any alternative.
Genuinely confused why you were talking about the Glazers in the expenses thread 😀.

Agree though, Ineos with proper financial accountability is the way forward.

Unread 23-05-2023, 10:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Do think it’s quite odd they haven’t announced a preferred bidder yet. The acquisition due diligence and legal process is likely to take a long time but that shouldn’t be confused with the glazers ability to evaluate two £#%&!ing bids.

Unread 23-05-2023, 11:04 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
No. It's not. If I'm traveling with work and I have to eat, I expect it paid for. Traveling with work is for work, not for personal enjoyment.

yes. £700’s worth

Unread 23-05-2023, 11:08 PM
measlyshark

Quote:

yes. £700’s worth
But I only had about £30 of that, a few deserved team building drinks. Should I pay tax on the whole amount? The £30? Given I'm away from home, why the £#%&! should I be accountable for the whole lot? Why should I pay benefit in kind when there is no benefit?

I believe in paying your way but £#%&! that.

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Waiting until CL is confirmed.

Unread 24-05-2023, 12:13 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Do think it’s quite odd they haven’t announced a preferred bidder yet. The acquisition due diligence and legal process is likely to take a long time but that shouldn’t be confused with the glazers ability to evaluate two £#%&!ing bids.
I’ve seen a few sources that suggest that the due diligence is already well progressed which would speed things up once the preferred buyer is chosen.

Unread 24-05-2023, 12:42 PM
ScarFace

I'm just hoping this means it's Qatar. As surely if it wasn't, they'd wait till the games are over, to avoid any moaning about a Glazer MK2 take over happening.

Unread 24-05-2023, 12:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

It really doesn’t matter who it is. Aslong as the new owners put football first, don’t take any money out of the club. Get the right people in the right positions .

We are big enough to stand on our own two feet. The stadium probably needs renovating but it’s hardly something that needs addressing right away. It’s the only thing I’d say the Qataris have over ratcliffe that they have claimed they’re going to act upon.

Unread 24-05-2023, 01:18 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s the only thing I’d say the Qataris have over ratcliffe that they have claimed they’re going to act upon.
Only thing !!

Sir Jimmy is buying half the club. Keeping the debt. Buying with debt. Keeping the Glazers. Reply to Qatars billions of investment promises with "putting Manc back in united". Tory Glazer buying it on the sly again. Dead by the time Rashford retires, probably and then we'll get @#%&!d around again.

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:00 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Only thing !!

Sir Jimmy is buying half the club. Keeping the debt. Buying with debt. Keeping the Glazers. Reply to Qatars billions of investment promises with "putting Manc back in united". Tory Glazer buying it on the sly again. Dead by the time Rashford retires, probably and then we'll get @#%&!d around again.
Gone off him. Getting in bed with those vile @#%&!s… boyhood red my arse. Moves to London with work and gets a season ticket with the £#%&!ing Chavs… who does that? Loves them so much, tried to buy them.