United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

The Spanish really don’t get racism do they.

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:15 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:17 PM
Neo

Exclamation

The Mob will be assembling.

Rachel Riley readying the Boss Eyed Bat Signal.

Few on here reaching for the pitchforks, too, NQAT.

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:28 PM
dunk

Big Andre

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:30 PM
armchair

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:31 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The Mob will be assembling.

Rachel Riley readying the Boss Eyed Bat Signal.

Few on here reaching for the pitchforks, too, NQAT.

Hyenas have been quiet lately…

Unread 26-10-2023, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What a great response tbf.

Unread 26-10-2023, 07:36 PM
Bunker Buster

My goal keeper

Unread 26-10-2023, 07:54 PM
atticusgrinch

Love to see a strong black man refusing to go along with the absolute @#%&!s (usually white middle class) looking for racism behind every turn of phrase and off-the-cuff remark.

Denz is the same.

They make me quiver at the knees and become slightly moist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He is about the same height as Garnacho without the haircut though.

Unread 26-10-2023, 08:05 PM
Sparky***

I trust the FA will be even-handed with their response.

So with that in mind i fully expect a 6 game ban which they'll drag their heels about until the busiest time of the season to hit.

Unread 26-10-2023, 09:26 PM
Dacter

Comparing him to a #@&%!

I know people bemoan players having profession “teams” who manage their social media pages, but this is why.

Even assuming Onana’s assessment is a fair one (to be fair it would be mental to publicly call your team mate a gorilla) how £#%&!ing brainless can you get? It defies belief that someone who will have been given plenty of guidance on using social media, could be so unbelievably naïve.

Unread 26-10-2023, 09:58 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Comparing him to a #@&%!

https://twitter.com/frankulom/status...10445723291652

I know people bemoan players having profession “teams” who manage their social media pages, but this is why.

Even assuming Onana’s assessment is a fair one (to be fair it would be mental to publicly call your team mate a gorilla) how £#%&!ing brainless can you get? It defies belief that someone who will have been given plenty of guidance on using social media, could be so unbelievably naïve.
The pleb on Twitter is saying Onana is the equivalent of an abused kid. I think that’s more offensive than a couple of supportive emojis from a teammate.

Sick of this nonsense.

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Onana has now told them it's not offended him, posted a follow up embrace picture ..

It's done...

Anything further is because that person decided to be offended by it....

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

Unfortunately when you have young people like Garnacho who don't come from cultures that are as obsessed with racism as countries like the US and UK, this sort of stuff will happen.

Obviously Garnacho hasn't meant any harm here and he's obviously been made aware now of the connotations that crop up when you use monkey emojis like that. That obviously won't stop the FA now from pouncing on another opportunity to A) Make it look like they're being pro active about racism and pat themselves on the back and B) Punish a United player for something, which always goes down well.

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:09 PM
larry

its 2023 guys you can't use gorilla emojis unless it's in relation to a white man

12 game ban coming, which is fair considering previous 1 game ban for bernardo silva

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Unfortunately when you have young people like Garnacho who don't come from cultures that are as obsessed with racism as countries like the US and UK, this sort of stuff will happen.

Obviously Garnacho hasn't meant any harm here and he's obviously been made aware now of the connotations that crop up when you use monkey emojis like that. That obviously won't stop the FA now from pouncing on another opportunity to A) Make it look like they're being pro active about racism and pat themselves on the back and B) Punish a United player for something, which always goes down well.
It wasn't a monkey.emoji ?

It was a huge silver back.gorilla....how do you not know they banter in training ? It's between them two...used to know a lad from Nigeria and they called him "Silver" it Was to do with his huge back.... I:ea Gorilla... He was black...

If it offended Onana he'd just keep quiet, maybe give the reaction, let the club deal.with it...

He's backed his lad, reposted, explained, said he's not offended, posted an embrace shot....

It's £#%&!ing ridiculous the state of this current world that we have to FIND offence.....

Friends give shit too each other all day....was banned in here once for using the F bomb, I'd JUST finished the same joke with a mate ...

Words aren't offensive...

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:26 PM
Finport Red

His arms are waay shorter than a gorilla’s, for starters.

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
His arms are waay shorter than a gorilla’s, for starters.
Reported

Unread 26-10-2023, 10:55 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Seeing as he is ok with, Garnacho's post that should be the end of the matter as far as Im concerned!

Unread 26-10-2023, 11:18 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Seeing as he is ok with, Garnacho's post that should be the end of the matter as far as Im concerned!
Please, please, please try to understand how to use a comma.

In respect of this, Bunks is right....a load of %@#$&!s.