United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2021, 11:56 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Don't even accept that Berbs was as bad as certain others "value for money" wise.
Berba was a decent player.

Unread 20-03-2021, 11:57 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Jones the greatest comedy value of any player. Sexton signed Birtles.
Yeah, but Fergie wanted to sign him.

In truth in the time it took me to write out my list i'd forgotten what the original question was.

Unread 20-03-2021, 11:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Berba was a decent player.
Ah, the "Berbie wars" on here - and it was pretty much a war, tbf - a decade ago

Unread 21-03-2021, 12:00 AM
Cream

Quote:
Don't even accept that Berbs was as bad as certain others "value for money" wise.
No argument from me, I loved him. Was there to see his hat trick against the vermin. What a player.

Unread 21-03-2021, 12:02 AM
redhegemony

Taibi
Bellion
Bebe
Obertan
Smith
Dong
Djemba
Kleberson
Wallace
Milne
Manucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Yeah, but Fergie wanted to sign him.

In truth in the time it took me to write out my list i'd forgotten what the original question was.
Didn’t sign Rojo either...

Unread 25-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Bosnich was a free transfer
He was indeed!

Unread 25-04-2021, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
He was indeed!
But still a waste of money!

Unread 25-04-2021, 07:32 PM
Gordon Hill

Im amazed that nobody has mentioned the name of, Jim Leighton up untill now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
No argument from me, I loved him. Was there to see his hat trick against the vermin. What a player.
Oh yes I rated, Berbatov & any United players that score a winning goal past the bindippers, let alone a hat-trick, is a hero as far as im concerned

Unread 25-04-2021, 07:48 PM
jem

the younger veron and hargreaves would walk into our team now.

Unread 25-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Coracao

Taibi

Absolute clown. Barthez cost £3m or so more, but was actually semi competent and did have some amusing moments when he wasn't throwing them in.

David May

Horrendous right back, which is where he will play in this team. Thankfully, Neville made the spot his own. Almost a decade at the club, and managed 85 league games

Phil Jones

Highly promising youngster. Turned into a meme of a footballer. Has cost Utd tens of millions throughout his time here. Looking forward to his testimonial.

Buttner

When some Dutch scout comes out and says he is the 5th left back in the Dutch league, you know you are on to a loser.

Bebe

Nft

Veron

British transfer record. Best midfield in Europe messed around. For that. Captains this team.

Kleberson

One of the few signings I have seen paraded on the pitch before a game. Decades of fantastic Brazilian players. And this clown will go down in history as Utd's first.

Djemba-Djemba

Peaked when he kicked a few Arsenal players in his debut.

Tosic

Forlan

Sheringham, Cole and Yorke all sold within the space of 12 months and replaced by this clown who could barely run without tripping over his own feet. "We'll only sit down when Forlan scores...". Imagine my amazement that as soon as he is binned, Sally Gunnell is banging in 5 goals against Barcelona in 2 games

Unread 25-04-2021, 08:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Djemba-Djemba

Peaked when he kicked a few Arsenal players in his debut.

Tosic

Quite a few people thought Dj-Dj would be a good buy after his first couple of games

And have to agree about Tosic - why?? Was it ever actually explained?

Unread 25-04-2021, 08:06 PM
jem

Quote:
And have to agree about Tosic - why?? Was it ever actually explained?
if I had a pound for every time I said tosic was dogshit, I could buy united from the glazers.

Unread 25-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Vida_15

personally love Veron....just unfortunate that we couldn't find a way to really mix him into the squad as he was a hell of a footballer

Unread 25-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Knockers

RVP’s goals won us the league in 2013 and he did nothing otherwise. Berbatov won it two years earlier, has/had beautiful eyes and smoked. Anyone who doesn’t adore him is a @#%&!. £#%&! off.

Unread 25-04-2021, 10:58 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
On the back of him putting the boot in on Hargreaves (see this topic), value for money, who makes your worst XI that we paid money for when Sir Alex was in charge? Going with a 4-4-2 based on Fergie's most used formation....

Starter for ten to get it going:
GK - Taibi
RB - Hargreaves
LB - Buttner
CB - Phil Jones
CB - May
RM - Bellion
CM - Anderson
CM - Kleberson
LM - Zaha
CF - Bebe
CF - Berbatov

Subs
Carroll, Kagawa, Dejmba, Veron, Obertan, Heinze
harsh on berbs imo, he played a huge part in winning 19

Unread 25-04-2021, 11:08 PM
tatty

I had a hard time warming to Berbatov...he appeared lazy and disinterested.

I do accept my view of him could be down to my not appreciating his game wasn't about work rate and commitment.

Unread 25-04-2021, 11:15 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

I do accept my view of him could be down to my not appreciating his game wasn't about work rate and commitment.
He's only in there due to price and his arrival not seeming in keeping with having our three forwards as Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez who worked so well together. While far better value than Veron, it felt like a quality player that we didn't need at the time.

Unread 25-04-2021, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

That's just how he was, throughout his career.

He was also a sublime footballer

Unread 25-04-2021, 11:36 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
RVP’s goals won us the league in 2013 and he did nothing otherwise. Berbatov won it two years earlier, has/had beautiful eyes and smoked. Anyone who doesn’t adore him is a @#%&!. £#%&! off.
There’s a difference between the goals Berbatov and Van Persie scored in the 2011 and 13 league wins. Van Persie carried us to wins building up that first half of season lead, I don’t think the same could really be said for Berbatov whose stats were padded in the Blackburn home game. I mean, he didn’t even make the bench for the champions league final.

Unread 25-04-2021, 11:38 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Im amazed that nobody has mentioned the name of, Jim Leighton up untill now.
We could honestly do an entire 11 of goalkeepers.

Leighton
Taibi
Bosnich
Bartez
Howard
Foster
Carroll
Goram
Kuszcak
Walsh
Ricardo
Closed Thread