United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2021, 11:46 AM
saffers

Default Ed Woodward had 'tears in his eyes' reading tweets from furious Man Utd fans

“Two years ago, I was accompanied by Ed Woodward, the CEO of Manchester United, who was going through a sporting slump at the time,” Verschueren told Belgian news outlet HLN, shared in English by Sport Witness.

“He showed me tweets from supporters ‘Look Michael, how cruel the fans can be’ – the tears were in his eyes. Today Manchester United are [among] the leaders in the Premier League.

“I messaged Woodward a few days ago to congratulate him. He texted me back saying, ‘You know how tough the journey was.’”

https://www.90min.com/posts/ed-woodw...s-man-utd-fans

Incredibly revealing of this guys mindset. What kind of high ranking official of a football club goes around showing tweets from nobodies ffs. We didn't fall off cos Fergie retired. We fell off cos this guy has had all the power since 2013 and you can see the results....

Unread 06-02-2021, 11:59 AM
AK14

I definitely get the feeling he’s a transfer window away from ruining everything Ole has done so far and pulling the rug from under his feet.

Tried his best to do it last summer tbf.

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:08 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I definitely get the feeling he’s a transfer window away from ruining everything Ole has done so far and pulling the rug from under his feet.

Tried his best to do it last summer tbf.
It was yet another summer of a manager achieving CL football and then Woody doing whatever he could to absolutely kill the manager.

I don't think any of our 4 signings in the summer were planned and wanted by Ole.

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
“Two years ago, I was accompanied by Ed Woodward, the CEO of Manchester United, who was going through a sporting slump at the time,” Verschueren told Belgian news outlet HLN, shared in English by Sport Witness.

“He showed me tweets from supporters ‘Look Michael, how cruel the fans can be’ – the tears were in his eyes. Today Manchester United are [among] the leaders in the Premier League.

“I messaged Woodward a few days ago to congratulate him. He texted me back saying, ‘You know how tough the journey was.’”

Incredibly revealing of this guys mindset. What kind of high ranking official of a football club goes around showing tweets from nobodies ffs. We didn't fall off cos Fergie retired. We fell off cos this guy has had all the power since 2013 and you can see the results....
Come on saffers... from 2010 onwards, except RVP the team were in decline slowly. It was just Fergies excellence that kept us at the top.

Woodward just made things a whole lot worse.

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:20 PM
History

Quote:
“I messaged Woodward a few days ago to congratulate him. He texted me back saying, ‘You know how tough the journey was"
This worries me, the 'Journey' () never stops

Ahh guess Ole is not going to get any of his targets in the summer

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:21 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Come on saffers... from 2010 onwards, except RVP the team were in decline slowly. It was just Fergies excellence that kept us at the top.

Woodward just made things a whole lot worse.
I think the sharp fall from 2013 and the subsequent circus act is all down to Woody. Sure Ferie kept us going but the rest of the league didn't suddenly get much better in 2013. Any competent manager and a bit of investment would have seen us retain the league in 2014 imo.

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:25 PM
History

Quote:
I think the sharp fall from 2013 and the subsequent circus act is all down to Woody. Sure Ferie kept us going but the rest of the league didn't suddenly get much better in 2013. Any competent manager and a bit of investment would have seen us retain the league in 2014 imo.
Any competent manager would of seen at least a title challenge that year.

Not some weapon trying to impose a 'play the way your facing' 'Hit the channels' Jagielka studying philosophy on a team that had won everything

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:30 PM
puressence

He’s not the owner just does his job

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Not some weapon trying to impose a 'play the way your facing' 'Hit the channels' Jagielka studying philosophy on a team that had won everything
Those Moyes days were wow.

We've seen some stuff in the last 8 years huh.

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Think it was sparky who rightly said the Moyes appointment set us back years

The signings under Van Gaal (not all his tbf) then set us back even further.

Unread 06-02-2021, 12:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

Sums up Ed Woodward, has no idea of how anything works. The journey ?! We are away from where we want to be and everybody within the club , staff , players , the board need always be looking to continuously improve.

He £#%&!ed up the summer window and got lucky ole is getting something out of this lot and Bruno fernandes has helped raised of how our teams play.

Woodward is a clown, utter #@&%! and is the main reason why we have been on the decline and are struggling to improve with the resources we have.

Unread 06-02-2021, 01:00 PM
Cream

Quote:

Quote:
I got home that night and wept bitterly into Laura’s cashmere sweater. As my sobs faded, she asked,
“why don’t you get online and treat yourself to another Rolex, eh?”
She always knows what to do.
So I did. I bought another Rolex. A real beauty.

Unread 06-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I certainly felt better when the Rolex arrived but there was something that still troubled me. The fans who had thrown paint on my driveway were still at the back of my mind. I often thought of that incident when working out in my home gym or pool. I marched into Laura and said, ‘that’s it, pack your bags, we’re going to our second home in Tuscany for a month. I can keep in touch with the club via phone and teams and in any case, I don’t do very much anyway’. And with that I whisked Laura off to the signature private jet compound and chartered a one way trip to Italy.

Unread 06-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
The food, I have to say, was excellent. And so it should be, the price Red Football Ltd were paying

Unread 06-02-2021, 01:56 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! Woodward. Anyone sympathising with the @#%&! needs their head testing.

Unread 06-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Tronics

I just don’t understand why they don’t just hire a Director of Football in name only so they can protect themselves from criticism?!

Also what makes us so special that we think we can be successful without one? Just about every top club in European football has someone in that role, laying out the long term plan of the club, identifying players that fit and ultimately deciding on the coach that best the suits the brand of football we want to play.

But as soon as we go on a bad run of games, it will all come back around again...

Also, £#%&! Ed Woodward no sympathy for that @#%&!, in no other line of work or club could someone like him still be in job considering how many times he has failed, smh, we do love rewarding mediocrity at this club at times

Unread 06-02-2021, 02:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
It was yet another summer of a manager achieving CL football and then Woody doing whatever he could to absolutely kill the manager.

I don't think any of our 4 signings in the summer were planned and wanted by Ole.
Based on......?

Unread 06-02-2021, 03:56 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

Cavani may have been a trolley dash but it's looking inspired now

Champers for whoever thought of and pulled that off

Unread 06-02-2021, 04:15 PM
dunk

Woodward is a £#%&!ing @#%&!. Not more than Joel Glazer, who apparently signs off every financial move

Unread 06-02-2021, 06:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Think it was sparky who rightly said the Moyes appointment set us back years
you'd gave to be an utter £#%&!wit not to think moyeswight set us back years. but he inherited a team that had won the title, not a title-winning team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&! Woodward. Anyone sympathising with the @#%&! needs their head testing.
who is sympathising with the smarmy little @#%&!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Cavani may have been a trolley dash but it's looking inspired now

Champers for whoever thought of and pulled that off
certainly fooled some people.
Closed Thread