United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-12-2023, 04:06 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Scathing. Also 100% right.

With regards to Maguire, we all know he’s not good enough, but it’s similar to Fred - when someone is obviously giving their all (limited though it may be) its easier to forgive than players who are obviously not. That’s a far far bigger problem.

Unread 03-12-2023, 04:33 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
With regards to Maguire, we all know he’s not good enough, but it’s similar to Fred - when someone is obviously giving their all (limited though it may be) its easier to forgive than players who are obviously not. That’s a far far bigger problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
At least Maguire is now performing relative to his actual ability. Something which can't be said for the vast majority of the others who probably deserve abuse ahead of him.
are you reading these?

Unread 03-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what is £#%&!ing wrong with marcus? why does he give so little a £#%&!?
Because he's got that new contract he wanted & ETH has put his mate Sancho in the dog house so he is clearly downing tools & the sad thing is ETH dare'nt drop him this season by the look's of things & probobly been told by The Parasites that he has to start in-order to justify how much money is getting in that contract he got just prior to the start of the season & if this is the case then ETH should let it be known as it would put other Manager's off wanting to replace him in what has become a seariously poisoned challice of a job!

Unread 03-12-2023, 09:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
Scathing. Also 100% right.

Absolutely spot on.

I'll not give shit to maguire because we all know his limitations and it's clear, if nothing else, he £#%&!ing at least tries his best every game. Jesus christ, i mean you put any centre back behind that absolute bag of cats of a midfield of ours and watch them struggle. Totally exposed and getting pulled all round the place because the players infront of you can't be arsed to track back or defend.

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:05 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Absolutely spot on.

I'll not give shit to maguire because we all know his limitations and it's clear, if nothing else, he £#%&!ing at least tries his best every game. Jesus christ, i mean you put any centre back behind that absolute bag of cats of a midfield of ours and watch them struggle. Totally exposed and getting pulled all round the place because the players infront of you can't be arsed to track back or defend.
The point you made there is absolutly 100% spot-on but hopfuly that will all start to change providing , Mainoo don't pick-up any more injury's as he will hopfuly make his pressence felt to opponnents aswell as any team-mates that require a kick up the backside!

Unread 03-12-2023, 10:08 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Nah, it’s just Erik saying “let me know when I can rely on you. I don’t really give a shite which side you prefer or what colour nail varnish you like. Just turn up’’.
Varane - a World Cup, 4x winning European Cup world class centre back. “Let me know when I can rely on you”
Ten Hag is insecure and has put his petty personal squabbles above the good of the team and club time and time again in this 18 month stint. Absolutely farcical that Shaw has been shunted out of position while Varane sits on the bench. We spoke about this before the game. “Live and die by his decisions” was the phrase used. That is the performance doled out.

What has Erik shown, at all, that suggest he’s worth backing as the foundation of the future? Which performances over the past 18 months would you point to? I can think of Barcelona .. anything after that is difficult. What about the squad supplementation & use of personnel suggest he knows what he’s doing at this point?

Unread 03-12-2023, 11:10 PM
suedeshoes

Varane's shit. Obviously used to be good but he's £#%&! nowadays.

Unread 04-12-2023, 05:14 AM
Stickman

The tune has fairly changed on Varane

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
Varane - a World Cup, 4x winning European Cup world class centre back. “Let me know when I can rely on you”
Ten Hag is insecure and has put his petty personal squabbles above the good of the team and club time and time again in this 18 month stint. Absolutely farcical that Shaw has been shunted out of position while Varane sits on the bench. We spoke about this before the game. “Live and die by his decisions” was the phrase used. That is the performance doled out.

What has Erik shown, at all, that suggest he’s worth backing as the foundation of the future? Which performances over the past 18 months would you point to? I can think of Barcelona .. anything after that is difficult. What about the squad supplementation & use of personnel suggest he knows what he’s doing at this point?
He’s all but £#%&!ing retired pal. Stanley Matthews was a world class winger. He didn’t come here to win more world cups. 300k p/w to choose when he wants to play after playing behind an all time great mf and defence. Give it a wobble.

Shaw has gone to the position he always wanted.

Got rid of Ddg, Ronaldo, Sancho etc. said no thanks to Pogba and Lingard all unanimously endorsed by the fan base.

Who do you want in next? The Brighton guy? He’ll fix it… until October comes around

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:34 AM
Patty_b

We definitely would have won on Saturday if Varane lumbered around for half an hour before limping off the pitch before half time.

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:48 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Scholes nails it and everyone is banging on about maguire still.

you could have had maldini and baresi back there on saturday and we'd still have been under the cosh all game.

there is no control, no protection, no real outlet. if the back four have just got a mess of a midfield and a half arsed front line ahead of them, none of them really knowing where the other is, then the ball is just going to keep on coming back at you. which it did.

scholes explanation doesn't just cover saturday, but also why it's not often you see us making patterns, or attacking with any kind of consistent style or build up of pressure. it's all off the cuff stuff in the main.

Unread 04-12-2023, 10:48 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

you could have had maldini and baresi back there on saturday and we'd still have been under the cosh all game.

there is no control, no protection, no real outlet. if the back four have just got a mess of a midfield and a half arsed front line ahead of them, none of them really knowing where the other is, then the ball is just going to keep on coming back at you. which it did.

scholes explanation doesn't just cover saturday, but also why it's not often you see us making patterns, or attacking with any kind of consistent style or build up of pressure. it's all off the cuff stuff in the main.
In the main we're absolutely shit.

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:

Agreed.

The bit I don't understand is whether this is down to the manager's lack of nous, the poor coaching, or the inability of the players to do what ten Hag wants them to do.

The longer time goes on and the more the team is made of ten Hag's signings, the more the poor performances are on him.

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:12 AM
marlo

Quote:
exactly why ETH is to blame

he is the coach and this has nothing to do with the ownership.

He has signed enough players to make up 2/3rd of the starting 11. And the whole spine yet his players can’t even get in the team on merit.

antony , mount, malacia, Onana, hojlund, Martinez, eriksen.

just look at the collection of buys.

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Happens all the time. Not just mf, who, like the defence, have no outlet. Mad thing is, we were a fold in Maguires shirt away from grabbing a point and grinning all the way home. Just 50% of effort up front instead of 1% was all it needed. This is all about them deliberately not £#%&!ing arsed.
Maguire put Rashford and Martial to shame.
Before we’d even heard of Glazers we saw the writing on the wall with grounds being renamed after the sponsors and said it was a matter of time… they’ve not done that, but far worse. Successive managers could ve done better but I’m struggling to think of a shameless effort such as Rashford and Martial

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Ethers

Poor Gary.

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:52 AM
Bunker Buster

18 years too late you £#%&!ing bury #@&%! ....

Unread 04-12-2023, 11:54 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

antony , mount, malacia, Onana, hojlund, Martinez, eriksen.

Reminds me of The Suicide Squad where they send as a distraction a rubbish group with 2 gems thrown in.

Hojlund = Rick Flagg
Martinez = Harley Quinn

Eriksen is fine considering he’s been beyond this realm and been resurrected.

The others? Shite on a stick.

Value for money? Not a chance.

Unread 04-12-2023, 12:24 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Quote:
"I am tired of my own club."
Salford