Unread 07-01-2023, 04:22 PM
no fun

Fat frank is a Tory bastard so the chant could have been worse

Unread 07-01-2023, 04:27 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
No mention of the constant Munich chants and coin throwing
Apparently a video doing the rounds of some scouser spitting on United fans from above

Unread 07-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
No mention of the constant Munich chants and coin throwing
Didn't hear this or anything much from their fans at all.

Unread 07-01-2023, 04:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Didn't hear this or anything much from their fans at all.
Same.

Unread 07-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Illegal chant

It is absolutely nothing to do with homophobia in the context it's sung

Yet another sterilisation of the game. Eventually you won't be able to sing anything remotely derogatory about any opposition players. Except maybe "boo-urns"

Unread 07-01-2023, 04:49 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Has any other club been charged for this? Happens at every Lampard game, not sure if they will be charging everybody.
Think there was a similar fuss when Liverpool did it at Chelsea last season

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Illegal chant

It is absolutely nothing to do with homophobia in the context it's sung

Yet another sterilisation of the game. Eventually you won't be able to sing anything remotely derogatory about any opposition players. Except maybe "boo-urns"
You jest, but that’s what the way it’s going. Any form of derogatory song will just fall under some vague #bekind mental health umbrella. No room for any abuse in the game etc.

We’ll all just be sitting quietly apart from applauding in the 11th minute for some fan dying. When did they become a thing, by the way? I’m sure I watched some game the other day (Brentford?) where they had a minutes applause for two fans dying. They weren’t young/murdered/fell into a wheat thresher. They were just two older fellas who died. There’s tens of thousands of fans in stadiums every week, of course some are gonna peg it. I don’t wanna applaud some random arse who had boring old liver failure. £#%&! off.

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You jest, but that’s what the way it’s going. Any form of derogatory song will just fall under some vague #bekind mental health umbrella. No room for any abuse in the game etc.

We’ll all just be sitting quietly apart from applauding in the 11th minute for some fan dying. When did they become a thing, by the way? I’m sure I watched some game the other day (Brentford?) where they had a minutes applause for two fans dying. They weren’t young/murdered/fell into a wheat thresher. They were just two older fellas who died. There’s tens of thousands of fans in stadiums every week, of course some are gonna peg it. I don’t wanna applaud some random arse who had boring old liver failure. £#%&! off.
I saw this past week , it may have been an old pic/story but some Leeds player left them to go to another club and they all warmed up with his name on the back of their shirts.

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/20...uard-of-honour

He’s not dying

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Our game the other day they did it for a young girl and went to her family in the stands and her dad was in bits.....

Got to admit it got me....

Community football clubs should do this.....

A club is part of the family....

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:34 PM
dunk

Just seen Everton fans are fuming over Malacia’s tackle on Iwobi because it starts with a bit of a jump, which it has too if you’re running full pelt it was just unfortunate, the tackle was clean as a whistle.

Looks like Iwobi stood on Malacia to me just unfortunate.

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Our game the other day they did it for a young girl and went to her family in the stands and her dad was in bits.....

Got to admit it got me....

Community football clubs should do this.....

A club is part of the family....
No, not that one. It wasn’t our game. A little Kid dying is another matter. I think it was Brentford v Liverpool? I can’t really remember. They were just two older fellas. I was waiting for the story. Apparently they just supported Brentford,

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
No, not that one. It wasn’t our game. A little Kid dying is another matter. I think it was Brentford v Liverpool? I can’t really remember. They were just two older fellas. I was waiting for the story. Apparently they just supported Brentford,
Nope, not with you on this one, football clubs should honour their wider football family ...

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Nope, not with you on this one, football clubs should honour their wider football family ...
EVERY time ANYONE dies? Were you campaigning for it before it happened?

I don’t buy it. It’s not about a ‘football community’. It’s another example of the country’s weird obsession with Grief Grandstanding. Pass.

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
EVERY time ANYONE dies? Were you campaigning for it before it happened?

I don’t buy it. It’s not about a ‘football community’. It’s another example of the country’s weird obsession with Grief Grandstanding. Pass.
Anyone with a long standing association with the club yes, United have always done it in the programme for decades.....

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:00 PM
no fun

Recall a Sunday game v Villa a few years back

Minutes applause before KO for someone or other, 2 lads got to their seats half way though it

Lad one “who’s the applause for?”

Lad two “ I think it’s for that horse that had to be put down after yesterdays grand national”

Maybe you had to be there

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Anyone with a long standing association with the club yes, United have always done it in the programme for decades.....
That’s the programme. Fine. Minutes applause, no. Each to their own, i suppose but it’s a no from me.

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
That’s the programme. Fine. Minutes applause, no. Each to their own, i suppose but it’s a no from me.
Suppose you'd actually have to go a game first.....

Wooooooah weghhhhurrrrrrst

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Suppose you'd actually have to go a game first.....

Wooooooah weghhhhurrrrrrst

I went that time.
Closed Thread