United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:12 PM
Sparky***

Has the look of someone who doesn’t enjoy playing football anymore.

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Whatever pal.
let him have the last word pal, he needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This and also I think Pochettino’s strength as a manager was getting players like Alli to buy into his philosophy/system. Rose was another one who played well under him and has been shocking ever since he left.

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:24 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

This and also I think Pochettino’s strength as a manager was getting players like Alli to buy into his philosophy/system. Rose was another one who played well under him and has been shocking ever since he left.
True, maybe not a coincidence that his form for Spurs nosedived the minute Poch couldn't be arsed anymore.

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Definitely that. Has had since about 2018/19. We forget that sometimes it can become a job and very easy to fall out of love with. Still, hell of a drop off and you’d have to say very little signs of a revival. The book will be interesting when it’s serialised in the Star in 2027.

Unread 22-12-2022, 04:54 PM
goldfinger II

Thought he was a good enough player. He scored quite a few goals including some great and important ones. I'm just not a fan of the kind of player he was. It may be the "hardest" thing in football, but I don't even like strikers who just score goals. Have absolutely no time for midfielders who just score goals. How about doing some actual midfield stuff, like getting on the ball and making plays or indeed breaking it up? Go on a rampaging run, ffs.

It's weird how their lack of contribution otherwise just gets overlooked and they get way too much credit for their goals simply because they score them from a position which, in theory, is more difficult to score from. It reminds me of the praise Fellaini used to get for doing a job up front. He was £#%&!ing rubbish up front, but because he was out of position, the threshold for measuring his performance was much lower. You can't play these goalscorer midfielders like this in a two because they don't do enough, so really, they have to play in a 3 or up in one of the forward positions. £#%&! that. Play an actual forward instead. Glad we didn't sign him. Woodward probably tried.

Unread 22-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Vedder

Probably another case of becoming a multi millionaire by achieving absolutely £#%&! all in the game. Too much too soon

Unread 22-12-2022, 11:03 PM
puressence

The season he bagged 20 plus with Kane upfront he was absolutely £#%&!ing magic.

Unread 22-12-2022, 11:35 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The season he bagged 20 plus with Kane upfront he was absolutely £#%&!ing magic.
16/17 I believe.

Was looking like the new Lampard, couldn’t miss.

Unread 22-12-2022, 11:40 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Definitely that. Has had since about 2018/19.
Around about the time Mourinho became his manager?

Unread 23-12-2022, 12:02 AM
guerreiro

Wasn’t Marlo an agent in Turkey? Could just be very badly advised, it’s a stretch but we could blame Marlo

Unread 06-01-2023, 05:11 PM
dunk

Unread 06-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Cheeky bid?

Unread 06-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Finport Red

He’s got Space Mumps, hasn’t he?

Look at the state of that left arm. Makes Luke Shaw’s tattoos look like Da Vinci did them.

Unread 06-01-2023, 05:36 PM
My Name is Heath

Sounds like a place where Hogwarts students go to stock up on meat cuts and cheese before term time.

He Should come onto the pitch to the tune of Bullseye because he’s the classic “look what you could have won” guy.

Back to Everton eventually then the Saudi league.

As a proud product manager in a corset factory might say when proudly looking at their work on a mannequin:

What. A. Waste.

Unread 06-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Dr Stranger

I get nervous when I see this thread bumped.

Unread 06-01-2023, 06:22 PM
puressence

I’d take him. Erik would sort it

Unread 06-01-2023, 06:31 PM
NedKelly

Mourinho broke him. Many such cases.

Unread 06-01-2023, 06:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

There's so much wrong with this lad but the most glaring thing to me is the tash to beard ratio.

The beard too subtle and tash too prominent. When coupled with his androgynous looks and perfect skin - it makes for a powerful ‘is he, isn’t she?’ dilemma that will no doubt confuse a country who’s greatest cultural export to date is a fat ‘skibbbidy’ bloke being force fed horrific looking food whilst he makes his belly bounce up and down.

Unread 06-01-2023, 06:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Mourinho broke him. Many such cases.
Just watched that bit from the Documentary where Mou is giving him a dressing down in his office while the world watches I’m sure he meant well, but ffs.
Closed Thread