United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2016, 08:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree

Our only hope is they pick up a few injuries or a couple of better sides get their shit together

But as it's stands they're definitely capable of challenging and I've got this really bad feeling....
Preferably us

Unread 22-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They will imho. As Ether said - when they start beating the shite teams then they'll be contenders, that today being an example. They've played Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Tottenham and haven't lost. 3 of them away from home.

No european football either, i reckon they'll have a pretty decent title challenge unfortunately.
Yep, horrible as it is they'll go very close. I'd back them in most "big games", and now he's apparently got them getting results against the shite in the league they're a massive problem

Still think their defence concedes too often for title winners, but they won't be far off

Unread 22-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep, horrible as it is they'll go very close. I'd back them in most "big games", and now he's apparently got them getting results against the shite in the league they're a massive problem

Still think their defence concedes too often for title winners, but they won't be far off
They couldn't beat us at home.

They will fall away. Guaranteed.

Unread 22-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
They couldn't beat us at home.

They will fall away. Guaranteed.
Because we set up excellently and played as a team.

All credit to us imo, but I would wager if you look back at their results this season come may they'll have done well against the better sides generally

Unread 22-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Buck

They can't keep this intensity up all season. They're going to have days when their attack is misfiring and games in which they are being out-played. Then their defence will be up to task to see if they can grind points.

Look at Spurs who are struggling to break teams down but have an excellent defence to keep the game at a deadlock meaning one moment is all they need. Liverpool have to score 2/3/4 a game just to be sure they win.

It slightly irks that we're the only side who failed to score past them. Ah well.

Unread 22-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Kent Brockman

It's October, they've beaten West Brom by a goal, let's wait a while before pissing our pants, eh?

Unread 22-10-2016, 10:43 PM
woody78

Quote:
They'll go close this year by the looks of things unfortunately.
I couldn't give a flying £#%&! if they go close as long as they don't win it.

Unread 22-10-2016, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
They can't keep this intensity up all season. They're going to have days when their attack is misfiring and games in which they are being out-played. Then their defence will be up to task to see if they can grind points.

Look at Spurs who are struggling to break teams down but have an excellent defence to keep the game at a deadlock meaning one moment is all they need. Liverpool have to score 2/3/4 a game just to be sure they win.

It slightly irks that we're the only side who failed to score past them. Ah well.
Yes, they will have more Burnleys before this season is out.

Will still be a relief when another year without the league is mathematically confirmed, though

Unread 22-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I couldn't give a flying £#%&! if they go close as long as they don't win it.
Well that's utter %@#$&!s tbf

The last time they "went close" was utterly excruciating

Would rather them nowhere near thanks

Unread 22-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Billy Redface

They're clearly improving under Klopp.

Haters say he finished 7th after he took over, but watch them: they're buzzing. He's got average players looking good and the intensity, aggression and positivity is entertaining. It's why fans like him. He's likeable.

They'll beat most teams most a lot of the time.

However....

They have a limited squad. Klopp doesn't seem to have a plan B and the more they play like this, the more teams will set up like we did to combat.

And, most importantly, it's October.

Sky, BT and general giddiness can't wait to assess where teams and make big sweeping statements. Apparently Liverpool are better than us now. Because of 8 games. 8.

Nobody is running away with it, everybody has had their goods moments, everyone looks flawed. It's way too early to start making judgments on anyone.

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:11 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well that's utter %@#$&!s tbf

The last time they "went close" was utterly excruciating

Would rather them nowhere near thanks
It was until Gerrard slipped. Then it was utterly hilarious.

Then Crystanbul was a great non United footballing moment.

You wouldn't have had that joy without them being close.

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:39 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
It was until Gerrard slipped. Then it was utterly hilarious.

Then Crystanbul was a great non United footballing moment.

You wouldn't have had that relief without them being close.
Amended.

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Knockers

Not to resurrect the eat shit or drink piss debate of 2014, but I'd personally have Liverpool win the league rather than City. I know sages on here say City winning the league 'means nothing because arabs' etc but the thought of them lording it over us makes me feel ill.

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Not to resurrect the eat shit or drink piss debate of 2014, but I'd personally have Liverpool win the league rather than City. I know sages on here say City winning the league 'means nothing because arabs' etc but the thought of them lording it over us makes me feel ill.
No no no no. When they next win it, it is going to go down in folklore.

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
But they have already done it, in the most painful possible way. And we handled it. Liverpool winning it would be much worse.

Unread 23-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
No no no no. When they next win it, it is going to go down in folklore.
I know, and it'll be horrific, but for me what has happened to City has been worse. The Black Death. Vietnam. The slave trade.

Unread 23-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Denis Irwell

Clearly affects reds living/!working amongst the 8,000 berts who traditionally stood by them over four disastrous decades and are now plagued by the other 20,000 or so re-born berts

Outside of that, for those oots and exiles amongst us, the taches rarely get a mention but the dippers winning the title would be like the second coming of Eric in your face everywhere.

Unread 23-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Sparky***

Unread 23-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
ffs

can't imagine why people think most footballers are @#%&!s. suarez

Unread 23-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Oh I thought people were joking about it.

Actually happened.

Pls bring this to us Mr Pep.
Closed Thread