United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
If you are talking purely about the CL then luck plays a big part in it imo. Luck of the draw, luck in games etc.

Nani doesn't get sent off and who knows what could happen. We could be looking at a semi final against a Dortmund side that despite what people think on here we could beat Could say that about a lot of seasons in the CL. We just so happen to have bumped into the best side in the world ever in our last 2 finals Its all ifs and buts but that does play a part. As much as it works against you it works for you, Terry doesn't slip and we are still on 2 for example.

Seems the general consensus is get over the line in the league and there is a big summer coming up. Fergies last chance to win another European Cup drawing ever closer he might make a few more signings, or he may go again with the same squad and win it with a bit of luck along the way.
Indeed. Its not as if the same team is winning it every year, even this Barca team haven't retained it because its THAT hard to win. Seems to be this misapprehension that its only us who has hard luck stories from the competition.

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:44 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Fergusons canny use of our limited resources

So thats the canny use of the limited resources he has £#%&!ing assembled:shakehead:

"I'm a bit shite at the assembly but I'm very canny when it comes to usage, NQAT. Take that wee boy Zaha, we all know he's going to be very limited, but I fully intend to use him very cannily, aye, very cannily indeed"

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:48 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

So thats the canny use of the limited resources he has £#%&!ing assembled:shakehead:

"I'm a bit shite at the assembly but I'm very canny when it comes to usage, NQAT. Take that wee boy Zaha, we all know he's going to be very limited, but I fully intend to use him very cannily, aye, very cannily indeed"
Fair shout. I agree it's not what we want but it can't be denied that the shit@#%&!s are punching above their weight. It's not usually going to be enough during the sterner tests though.

Unread 11-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
That's the biggest load of fanzinese bullshit I've read since I finished my soup 10 minutes ago ffs

Every United fan knows that we don't pay top dollar on wages and don't pay top dollar in the market either. And yet you're suggesting the club don't bid for these players merely to save face ffs

Did it ever occur to you that they all know what these £#%&!ers want paying and then narrow down their lists before they start bidding?

If I misunderstood what you were getting at then I apologise but it's chaos here right now
the money our club makes we shouldn't have to "narrow down the list".

Unread 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the money our club makes we shouldn't have to "narrow down the list".
I'm sure 'we' don't have to

I'm glad 'we' want to though

Although admittedly it's splitting hairs given the wages and transfer fees the club does pay and has long since been paying
Closed Thread