United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:09 PM
dodger

Default Re: Fabregas Handball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
There's 19 yards of difference. I don't think you can assume a goal from that range, just because a TV replay shows that the shot was on target.
You don't have to assume a goal, that's not the rule. It's an attempt at goal, it's heading goalwards and he's stuck his arm up at it. He's denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, which is the rule. Red card.

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
You don't have to assume a goal, that's not the rule. It's an attempt at goal, it's heading goalwards and he's stuck his arm up at it. He's denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, which is the rule. Red card.
True, the law as written is this:

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball

However, you asked what the difference was between Fabregas handling and a player on the line handling, and I'd say the obvious answer is that a player on the line WOULD have been sent off and a penalty WOULD have been awarded, because no ref, even Howard Webb, is going to miss how obvious a goalscoring opportunity he has denied.

btw you're using that weird 'footballer's tense' that we discussed yesterday.

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM
dodger

Quote:
True, the law as written is this:

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
by deliberately handling the ball

However, you asked what the difference was between Fabregas handling and a player on the line handling, and I'd say the obvious answer is that a player on the line WOULD have been sent off and a penalty WOULD have been awarded, because no ref, even Howard Webb, is going to miss how obvious a goalscoring opportunity he has denied.
Ok fine, the point is the same

Quote:
btw you're using that weird 'footballer's tense' that we discussed yesterday.
Shit. Am I? I hate people who do that

Unread 11-02-2010, 07:41 PM
wee man

Outside the box. End of.

Unread 11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
believe

Can't remember who it was on MOTD but they said that it was definitely going in before it hit Fagregas. Now given a choice of Lineker, Hansen and Dixon I am still struggling to work out who is the physics expert.

Unread 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
£#%&! the scouse @#%&!s, I'm glad Fabregas did get away with it, it will wind the vermin up more. .
My thoughts exactly. I only wish it had been in the box, right on the goal line.

Gerrard's dive was yet again £#%&!ing pathetic.

Unread 11-02-2010, 08:44 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down Re: Fabregas Handball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The scouser in our office hasn't shut up about this all morning. He says it was an obvious penalty.

Since when do they give penalties for hand balls outside the box?

I know, it's £#%&!ing hysterical. Fabregas was clearly outside the box so, at best, it was another free-kick and maybe a booking.But then you hear Benitez with his usual line about a Liverpool penalty - whether it's given or not:

"It was a penalty.It was clear.It was a clear penalty.But I don't know why he doesn't give it....I don't know.It was clear.(insuation about a conspiracy or the referee's performance being shit)"

No it £#%&!ing wasn't.How many times does this snidey @#%&! take the piss out of referees and the decisions they make before the media gets into a Ferguson-esque frenz?Normally, the fat beardy @#%&! either says they need glasses, that they've missed 'clear' decisons or he just stands there calling them 'perfect'. But look how we've had it since Ferie has (rightly) called the incompetant @#%&!s and the media jumped all over it.

And why don't any interviewers, at press conferences or live on air, ask Gerrard or Benitez about Gerrards consistant cheating?It's £#%&!ing mental.The amount of times interviewers would say to Ronaldo "Cristiano...was it a penalty?Did you go down a bit easy?Why do you keep getting these penalties?" was outrageous.Do they ever mention anything to the pea-headed @#%&!...no!Last nights attempt was embarrassing, even for him.

£#%&! off.

Unread 11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Outside the box. End of.
What he said... it was never a pen.

Unread 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
And why don't any interviewers, at press conferences or live on air, ask Gerrard or Benitez about Gerrards consistant cheating?It's £#%&!ing mental.The amount of times interviewers would say to Ronaldo "Cristiano...was it a penalty?Did you go down a bit easy?Why do you keep getting these penalties?" was outrageous.Do they ever mention anything to the pea-headed @#%&!...no!Last nights attempt was embarrassing, even for him.

£#%&! off.
His dive for that free-kick against Everton was a traditional Starfish Stevie, too. Mentioned anywhere at all? Don't be silly.

Unread 11-02-2010, 10:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
His dive for that free-kick against Everton was a traditional Starfish Stevie, too. Mentioned anywhere at all? Don't be silly.
It's incredible, isn't it?

Even Andy Gray describing it as 'Clever'

Unread 12-02-2010, 12:59 AM
taff

Quote:
But those three points could have been cut to one had Liverpool been awarded a penalty late on when Cesc Fabregas blocked Steven Gerrard's goalbound free-kick with his hand.

Whether Fabregas was inside the box when he made contact with the ball is debateable, but Wenger, who saw the incident, insisted Liverpool should not have had a penalty.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:55 AM
borsuk

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:00 AM
£#%&! KFC

nice action Borsy

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:48 AM
naes_sean

my first gif

Unread 12-02-2010, 07:20 AM