United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Rafael Da Silva.

Thought he was superb on Sunday. Gotta keep playing him now, the lads gonna be a star.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Goodbye Wesley brown ?

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
keano's love

I don't see how fergie can justify leaving rafael out of any big games after this performance!

especially the composure he showed after getting booked!

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Goodbye Wesley brown ?
Goodbye fat new born giraffe.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Thought he was superb on Sunday. Gotta keep playing him now, the lads gonna be a star.
They seem to have compensated for his penchant to attack by ensuring Fletcher or Park is covering RB at any given time. Smart move by Fergie, but it would dictate that Park starts any big game that Rafael does, IMO. If it had been Ronnie or Nani on the right too then I think we'd have been exposed.

But it's a little scary to think how good this kid actually is. What a bonus he's been this season. He's saved us £10-20m for starters.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
They seem to have compensated for his penchant to attack by ensuring Fletcher or Park is covering RB at any given time. Smart move by Fergie, but it would dictate that Park starts any big game that Rafael does, IMO. If it had been Ronnie or Nani on the right too then I think we'd have been exposed.

We don't have a better RB defensively with Brown out so that'd be an issue anyway. I actually think he was excellent defensively on Sunday, got close to his man all day and showed good strength and pace.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:37 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
We don't have a better RB defensively with Brown out so that'd be an issue anyway. I actually think he was excellent defensively on Sunday, got close to his man all day and showed good strength and pace.
Agreed. On the rare occasions Robinho got into that area, Rafael dealt with him well. I was worried when he was booked early on, but he's getting better all the time and is improving on his control. He seems a little less impulsive in the tackle even after these few games of experience.

In an ideal world, I think Fergie would want to play him sparingly, but with the RB situation the way it is and the impact he has made, he will find it harder and harder to leave him out. He's probably our best all round right back at the moment and I'm sure the appearances will start to rack up.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Agreed. On the rare occasions Robinho got into that area, Rafael dealt with him well. I was worried when he was booked early on, but he's getting better all the time and is improving on his control. He seems a little less impulsive in the tackle even after these few games of experience.

In an ideal world, I think Fergie would want to play him sparingly, but with the RB situation the way it is and the impact he has made, he will find it harder and harder to leave him out. He's probably our best all round right back at the moment and I'm sure the appearances will start to rack up.
It's just refreshing to have a player there who can play football. Gotta keep playing him now as he'll get better and better.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:40 PM
marlo

and to think he is the 'crapper' brother.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Wes brown is still our number one RB, as good as the Silva is he is still raw and inexperienced in the English league.

He should be used in the games where he is able to bomb forward. He requires someone to cover for him at times which would be exposed in a european game....

A brilliant brilliant player that i cant wait to see at our club for years to come...

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Withers

There shouldn't be any question about him starting every game until Wes is fit.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
and to think he is the 'crapper' brother.

How do we even know it's Raphael tbh? Fabio might be playing as both of them. I'll believe it when they are both on the pitch at the same time.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
Unless Park isn't on the right. At home against shite, we would be fine, but I wouldn't us to go to Spurs with Ronaldo and Rafael lining up on the right. Not the Rafael can't defend, but those two would naturally go forward and leave us open to a counter attack down our right.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
True.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Wes. No one played more minutes for United last season. He's a fantastic player and I look forward to his return from injury. Beside, there's no way Fergie (quite rightly) will make an 18 year old a regular at this stage in his career, no matter his potential. Just look at how Giggs and Ronaldo were handled at a similar age.

However, it's clear that Rafael is a huge talent. I'm always excited when he gets a start and he’s been a joy to watch so far. Plenty to learn, but already looks comfortable playing in the Premier League or in Europe. Wonderful

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Unless Park isn't on the right. At home against shite, we would be fine, but I wouldn't us to go to Spurs with Ronaldo and Rafael lining up on the right. Not the Rafael can't defend, but those two would naturally go forward and leave us open to a counter attack down our right.
I think as I said that is true whoever is at fullback. It;s not like the other options wouldn't need protection, G Nev got shredded at Arse and the fat new born giraffe is no better. Until Wes is back, our best option defensively id Rafael, let alone anything else.

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

How do we even know it's Raphael tbh? Fabio might be playing as both of them. I'll believe it when they are both on the pitch at the same time.
It's going to look hilarious. They look pretty funny anyway, and to think they both look and play the same, but on opposite sides, it should look odd.

They look like the kind of players you'd create yourself on Pro Evo or something.

I'm going to create a left back and a right back. They'll look identical, I'm gonna give them cool names, make them Brazilian, give them massive hair, they'll have that computer generated face and they'll be so fast that when you hit R1 they'll just speed past everyone!

Gog Coch

Goodbye Neville and O'Shea.. Wes when fit and concentrating can play almost anywhere in back 4 as well as anybody.
Raf is brilliant and will get better. Can never play in goal like O'Shea though

Bunker Buster

I can See O. Hargreaves cementing a place at RB when he returns...

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think as I said that is true whoever is at fullback. It;s not like the other options wouldn't need protection, G Nev got shredded at Arse and the fat new born giraffe is no better. Until Wes is back, our best option defensively id Rafael, let alone anything else.
It is hard to see past him when the alternatives are a bit scary.

Neville's demise is so sad. He deserves better than this.
Closed Thread