United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
marlo

Default how many games did rooney not play in his elusive 'proper position'

and what position is this??

rooney made 45 appearances last season....

just wondering because people seem to think he has been playing on the left this whole year and all of a sudden will morph into torres next season?

so i ask how many games did rooney NOT play upfront?

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:20 AM
berba

I hope he doesn't morph into torres next season. the injury prone scouse @#%&!.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:20 AM
dunk

I am reckoning the last month of the season plus 1 or 2 other games at most. Say 15 games.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
and what position is this??

rooney made 45 appearances last season....

just wondering because people seem to think he has been playing on the left this whole year and all of a sudden will morph into torres next season?

so i ask how many games did rooney NOT play upfront?
here we £#%&!ing go

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
here we £#%&!ing go
why wont you answer the question.

rooney play about 15% of his games 'out of position'

the rest he played uptop.especially at the beginning of the season with berbatov.

just a thought.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Withers

Quote:
why wont you answer the question.

rooney play about 15% of his games 'out of position'

the rest he played uptop.especially at the beginning of the season with berbatov.

just a thought.
Some would say playing "up top" isn't his natural position either.

If we had bought Benzema then he may have played in his best position.

HTH.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
koppas

Why the £#%&! are you slating Rooney now? You been having digs at him all week.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Rooney needs to consistently play central, not on the wing then central etc.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Some would say playing "up top" isn't his natural position either.

If we had bought Benzema then he may have played in his best position.

HTH.
so he plays off the front man.

but with berbatov, rooney is the front man in this partnership they will build next season

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
no i havent.

i just dont think he will manage more than 17 league goals next season which is the minimum for world class strikers.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Smeggs

boring.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:37 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
longer than that

and it's because he's a #@&%!, btw

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:39 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
here we £#%&!ing go
Aye.

Funny how I've pulled marlo about slating Rooney and he always comes back with: "But I'm a big Rooney fan, I've never slagged him off! He's one of the top 5 forwards in the world!"

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:41 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Aye.

Funny how I've pulled marlo about slating Rooney and he always comes back with: "But I'm a big Rooney fan, I've never slagged him off! He's one of the top 5 forwards in the world!"
ive never said he is one of the top 5 forwards in the world. never.

i love the way people are trying to turn it into me slagging off rooney. im not. im just asking a question but the general consensus is he will alll of a sudden play this 'new position' he isnt allowed to play when ronaldo was in the team.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
ive never said he is one of the top 5 forwards in the world. never.

i love the way people are trying to turn it into me slagging off rooney. im not. im just asking a question but the general consensus is he will alll of a sudden play this 'new position' he isnt allowed to play when ronaldo was in the team.
You're having another dig at Rooney marlers.Any genuine United fan can see how good Rooney is, we love the lad.

You saying 'people who think he's going to suddenly morph into Torres....' is designed to be a dig and to get a reaction.Fair play, it's worked again.But I don't think you'll get any support for this bullshit.

And I wouldn't swap Rooney for Torres either.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You're having another dig at Rooney marlers.Any genuine United fan can see how good Rooney is, we love the lad.

You saying 'people who think he's going to suddenly morph into Torres....' is designed to be a dig and to get a reaction.Fair play, it's worked again.But I don't think you'll get any support for this bullshit.

And I wouldn't swap Rooney for Torres either.
so you made up that bit above then to back your argument.

i think rooney is a good player. we both know this.

i give up if you will make up lies, not apologise for them and then slag me off on the basis of these lies.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
so you made up that bit above then to back your argument.

i think rooney is a good player. we both know this.

i give up if you will make up lies, not apologise for them and then slag me off on the basis of these lies.
Marlo, you contradict yourself so many times it's untrue.

A couple of seasons back, you were always having these digs at Rooney.A while after that, you were pulled about it after claiming to be a huge Rooney fan.You made all kinds of statements about how great Rooney was and how you'd never had a bad word to say about the lad.Now, you've gone back to having a sly dig about his finishing etc.

I'm not getting into a row because it seems, that just looking at the comments already on this thread, people know the score on what you've said about Rooney.
I'm not bickering about it, you've started a thread having a dig at Rooney and I've pointed out that I think it's wrong.I'm not getting into trawling for posts to point out what you've said etc.

Those days of childish squabbling are over my love.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:56 AM
dunk

Rooney is a fantastic player, but I have my doubts about the impact everyone is expecting him to have next season.

You have to bear in mind that he has had Ronaldo to work with and take half his kicks for his entire time at United, not having him there may have a detrimental effect on him, because they were fantastic in tandem.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:58 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rooney is a fantastic player, but I have my doubts about the impact everyone is expecting him to have next season.

You have to bear in mind that he has had Ronaldo to work with and take half his kicks for his entire time at United, not having him there may have a detrimental effect on him, because they were fantastic in tandem.
exactly what im saying.

we missed ronaldo when he wasnt in the side and rooney did more than anyone.

to suggest he will now start playing better because ronaldo isnt there is quite ridiculous.

rooney and ronaldo had a great understanding and rooneys better perfomances came with ronaldo IN the team.

Unread 03-07-2009, 10:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It's worked both ways dunk.

Having Ronaldo in the side has obviously benefitted Wazza, but it's also hindered him with regards to where he's been played, not being a focal point and not getting the ball (on occasion) when he's been in a better position than Ronaldo.

We'll have to wait and see.We're pissing in the wind until then.
Closed Thread