United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Sloppy

Default Official United v Sunderland match thread-Teams and hopefully some fireworks

Old Trafford
Barclays Premier League
Saturday 5th November 2011
K.O. 15:00

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: Official United v Sunderland match thread-Teams links and hopefully some fireworks

Man Utd: Lindegaard, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Rooney, Park, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez

subs De Gea, Evans, Berbatov, Diouf, Carrick, Fabio, Valencia

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
The Watcher

Default Re: Official United v Sunderland match thread-Teams links and hopefully some fireworks

I'd just like to re-iterate my disgust at the midfield and Diouf's inclusion.

Still, at least Carrick's on the bench. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm at the prospect of his return

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Man Utd: Lindegaard, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Rooney, Park, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez

subs De Gea, Evans, Berbatov, Diouf, Carrick, Fabio, Valencia

a boring 2-1 utd

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
King Schlong

Rooney in midfield again?

Jesus christ.

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'd just like to re-iterate my disgust at the midfield and Diouf's inclusion.

Still, at least Carrick's on the bench. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm at the prospect of his return
+1 in internet parlance.

Why is that sack of £#%&! Diouf on the bench when Pogba, Ravel & even £#%&!ing Anderson would be a far better option for the middle of the pitch & Rooney could go up front.

£#%&!ing hell. :shakehead:

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Tronics

Rooney in the middle again

That bench

I'd take 1nil now

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Sloane

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Is that team a joke ?

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
red in cumbria

Does Diouf have compromising pictures of the boss or something?? :shakehead:

Whenever he has been given a chance since at least the start of the year, he has £#%&!ing stunk the place out

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Why in the name of £#%&! do we need 5 strikers in the 18 £#%&!ing Diouf, no wonder Pogba wants to £#%&! off :shakehead:

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Why is that sack of £#%&! Diouf on the bench when Pogba, Ravel
Both those lads were infinitely better then Diouf at Aldershot, so why aren't they getting a chance? It's £#%&!ing madness really.

Watching Lee £#%&!ing Cattermole dominate midfield at OT will be a new low, even by our recently £#%&! standards.

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM
red in cumbria

You just know that, whatever the result, this afternoon is going to be even more £#%&!ing torture to watch

Hope I am proved wrong - but, somehow, don't think I will be

EDIT: Watcher, Pogba is injured allegedly

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM
djsst

by SPORT WITNESS
Quote:
It would take an age to go through every team so we've limited this to the top 7 and Bolton, for reasons that will become obvious. The following are percentages of games played against the top six, with the highest percentage, suggesting hardest run of games, at the top:

Arsenal 50%
Tottenham Hotspur 44%
Manchester United 40%
Bolton 40%
Manchester City 20%
Liverpool 20%
Newcastle United 10%
Chelsea 10%

Now, if you look at the easiest games, those against the bottom six, the percentage played by each team is below. The highest, indicating easier games, at the top:

Manchester City 60%
Newcastle United 40%
Tottenham 33%
Liverpool 30%
Chelsea 20%
Arsenal 20%
Manchester United 20%
Bolton 10%

So Manchester City have played every one of the bottom six teams but Bolton have only played one, yet Bolton have played twice as many top six teams as City have. Of course the two teams won't be competing but the difference in ease of the games is quite some gap.

To put it another way, here are the average positions of teams each side has faced:

Bolton 8.4
Manchester United 9.0
Arsenal 9.2
Tottenham Hotspur 9.6
Chelsea 11.2
Liverpool 11.2
Newcastle United 12.8
Manchester City 13.1

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Diouf on the bench is a wum right............

This thread and team are a wum, surely...

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
browser

The sad thing is, the more 'appearances' Diouf makes, the more money we're likely to make when moving him on. £#%&!in' sorry state of affairs when United are compromising the careers of talented kids with a chance of making it for the sake of an odd million but that's the situation we're in with those @#%&!s in charge. Still, whilst the ground's full..

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM
The Return of JC

Pleased to see Rio and Vidic back in tandem. And. . . Yep, that's about it. Just win the damn thing and get some players back after the international break.

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
by SPORT WITNESS
£#%&!ing hell, its the par league

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Baron

Quote:
After scoring 21 goals in their first five Premier League fixtures Manchester United have managed only six in the last five

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Pleased to see Rio and Vidic back in tandem. And. . . Yep, that's about it. Just win the damn thing and get some players back after the international break.
Classic Shoot crew mod.

Finds a £#%&!ing plus point in all the shit were becoming.