United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2014, 12:38 PM
believe

Question Yaya Toure to PSG?

Out of the frying pan into the fire imo. Not a chance he'll have Zlatan singing Happy Birthday to him.

Unread 27-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Stickman

Reckon PSG and Chelsea have formed some sort of alliance to work around FFP but I'll report back once I've figured out what I think it is.

Put it this way, I think Chelsea will sign the Brazilian centre back or Moura in the next two windows for 40-50m...

Unread 27-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Reckon PSG and Chelsea have formed some sort of alliance to work around FFP but I'll report back once I've figured out what I think it is.

Put it this way, I think Chelsea will sign the Brazilian centre back or Moura in the next two windows for 40-50m...

This. £40 Million for Luiz ffs

Unread 27-05-2014, 01:28 PM
rafabio

Quote:

But what is the use of it

I don't see much advantage for both clubs if they are exchanging players for big money

Unread 27-05-2014, 01:52 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

I don't see much advantage for both clubs if they are exchanging players for big money
It increases turnover but not the loss i suppose..

Unread 27-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

Don't you know?

Unread 27-05-2014, 02:25 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
It increases turnover but not the loss i suppose..
Thinking again it might help since fees are staggered over time...

this year - PSG pay big money for a chelsea player which chelsea will use to buy players at other clubs

2 years later - Chelsea will pay PSG big money for PSG to use...

maybe...

Unread 27-05-2014, 02:32 PM
HotChip

I think "they" all know if push comes to shove. Nobody can dictate to you how much your allowed to invest in your company. There isnt a court on earth who would up hold it. They can spend wtf they want.

Unread 27-05-2014, 02:46 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Luiz will be funded by Barca signing Marquinhos.

Not sure the deal on Hazard, know Chelsea want Lavezzi and i'm sure they can get the rest by flogging Cavani

Unread 27-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
I think "they" all know if push comes to shove. Nobody can dictate to you how much your allowed to invest in your company. There isnt a court on earth who would up hold it. They can spend wtf they want.
It's UEFA's competition. They set the rules.

Unread 27-05-2014, 03:18 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:

All about the fees they can book on the accounts I guess - Pay offs for contracts and signing on fees etc etc..

Unread 27-05-2014, 04:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's UEFA's competition. They set the rules.
Yep. UEFA aren't dictating to these clubs how they can legally run their business. They're telling them the rules of their competition.

It's like saying the FA can't legally stop you from playing football when they suspend you. Yeah, you can legally play football whenever you want, just not in FA competition. City and PSG can spend all the money they want, they just won't be allowed to play in UEFA competition.

The only threat to these rules would have been if most 'super clubs' disagreed and threatened a breakaway. That won't happen.

Unread 27-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. UEFA aren't dictating to these clubs how they can legally run their business. They're telling them the rules of their competition.
Right. As we saw with City, you can be in breach of FFP and it has no effect domestically. No different really to when UEFA imposed foreign player limits that weren't in effect domestically. HotChip has had a disaster here nqat.

Unread 27-05-2014, 04:44 PM
ryanMUFC

Hopefully they sign toure and win the champions league, it will create a stir and UEFA will tighten the FFP rules.

Unread 27-05-2014, 04:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Hopefully they sign toure and win the champions league, it will create a stir and UEFA will tighten the FFP rules.
As mentioned, I suspect these deals if they happen will be funded by the sales of guys like Marquinhos and Cavani.

Unread 27-05-2014, 06:40 PM
HotChip

Quote:

The only threat to these rules would have been if most 'super clubs' disagreed and threatened a breakaway. That won't happen.
It leaves it wide open for a split if you ask me. Maybe not tomorrow but in 5-10 years, it could happen. Or at least threatened, clubs dont like being dicated too. Without the clubs Uefa is screwed not the other way round.

Unread 27-05-2014, 06:47 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
It leaves it wide open for a split if you ask me. Maybe not tomorrow but in 5-10 years, it could happen. Or at least threatened, clubs dont like being dicated too. Without the clubs Uefa is screwed not the other way round.
I doubt it will ever happen, mainly due to public perceptions of the various competitions - lifting big ears is infinitely more iconic than the Abu Dhabi power league circus trophy (or whatever name they come up with)

Unread 27-05-2014, 06:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Nobody wants a split. The only threat would be if the major clubs agreed together to break away. That won't happen because many of them are in favour of some form of FFP. In fact, Hoeness recently said that he hopes FFP "kills" one of the biggest perpetrators

That's because the main sufferers of the current ruling are the Qatari investors. Most of the other big clubs are happy with that.

Unread 27-05-2014, 07:31 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Nobody wants a split. The only threat would be if the major clubs agreed together to break away. That won't happen because many of them are in favour of some form of FFP. In fact, Hoeness recently said that he hopes FFP "kills" one of the biggest perpetrators

That's because the main sufferers of the current ruling are the Qatari investors. Most of the other big clubs are happy with that.
Maybe, but if and when the European league starts it will negate the European cup anyway. Uefa pissing off the huge clubs can only hasten that happening. No club will give a shit about old big ears if they are getting a few extra quid.

Unread 27-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Maybe, but if and when the European league starts it will negate the European cup anyway. Uefa pissing off the huge clubs can only hasten that happening. No club will give a shit about old big ears if they are getting a few extra quid.
UEFA aren't pissing off the huge clubs - it's only City, PSG and Chelsea.
Closed Thread