United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Where will we finish next season ? Because to judge the man on this end of season is unfair....
In the top six probably. Of course it’s unfair because no one would ever take this away from Ole, nor want him to fail but we’ve got to be realistic. This is an absolute shambles of a united squad, much worse than when Ferguson started because the expectation wasn’t there like it is now.

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:48 PM
KnightKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yes, thanks for all that but he’s not got a chance of turning this around I’m afraid. I’ll never dislike him for taking this role on but he’s so far out of his depth it’s frightening. The only person who could have made a change for us is Mourinho and look how that turned out. This is going to be an absolute disaster for Solskjaer.
I'm afraid I'll have to agree with you. Competition will be even stiffer next year and the first sign of bad form and he'll be out of the door. Unfortunately we have short sighted owners/board, with not an ounce of footballing knowledge between them, so will not want to go 2 years without UCL football and if that means continuing the revolving manager door then so be it! I'm tempted to put couple of hundred quid on Ole getting the axe next year just to soften the blow when he does.

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't believe in him. I have no reason to other than a freakish purple patch of results over 11 games or whatever it was.

There's no evidence whatsoever that he can cut it at this level over a season and if we start next season poorly there's a very good chance we could £#%&!ing nosedive
There’s also no evidence that he can’t. Show me any manager in history who could do anything with 90m pound players just booting the ball out of play for no £#%&!ing reason. If Mourinho couldn’t do anything with the 500m quids worth of players he and van Gaal bought, then why should he be able to?

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
In the top six probably. Of course it’s unfair because no one would ever take this away from Ole, nor want him to fail but we’ve got to be realistic. This is an absolute shambles of a united squad, much worse than when Ferguson started because the expectation wasn’t there like it is now.

Ole isn't to blame for this current squad ?

If he brings in 3/4 of HIS signings, develops a good level of fitness and a game method and we fail then so be it.....

Folk are calling for his head because of a shit run with shit players....

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Anyone would be out of their depth with this crowd; none of whom are his players. This is happening because of the chief exec and the previous two managers, not him.
None of the players at Leicester are Rodgers'

Seems to be doing alright and has implemented his style and plan into them...

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Jethro

Quote:
For that run when he came in, making us believe again, the best start for a United manager in history....

For PSG away....

For the hope returning....

To even be in contention for top four after being 11 a drift when he came in.....6th, closer to relegation than the top.

Let's get the fitness sorted, bring in your players and go again next year....

the boss.
I'm in

£#%&! KFC

Quote:

If he brings in 3/4 of HIS signings, develops a good level of fitness and a game method and we fail then so be it.....

he's to blame for persistently picking useless @#%&!s like De Gea who has been throwing them in for weeks

we are on our worst run of form for 57 years doesn't that set any alarm bells ringing....we were all fooled by his amazing first couple of months in charge but he's out of his depth

andyroo

Quote:

The pressure on the signings is absolutely £#%&!ing massive. The last lot all made poor signings that sunk them below the waterline, and at least they had something existing to draw on, Ole's basically being charged with replacing this entire shooting gallery. It's not his fault, and Jesus Christ if he does do it how £#%&!ing sweet would it be, but it's a pretty onerous ask even if we were a club which was doing all the other shit right. And let's face it we're not

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:54 PM
TheFatGoth

Thanks for the memories etc.

Sparky***

Quote:

We were never as bad as we looked under mourinho

but the players were never as good as they looked at first under solskjaer

nobody's calling for his head. People are just quite rightly very £#%&!ing worried because there's no evidence whatsoever that we

a) have an idea how to play or

b) know how to motivate a team beyond harking on about 20 years ago and taking people down the cliff to look at the outside bogs.

I see no structure, i see no attacking plan, i see no clue how to unlock defences.

As i said in the match thread, we're all praying for a miracle as opposed to expecting it to get better.

believe

Quote:

He’s not to blame for it but he’s stuck with it. To think he’ll make his mark by bringing in two or three players is delusional. I feel like I’m grassing up one of my best mates but I honestly can’t see him having the impact we need. He’s earning respect at the minute from everyone in football because he’s a genuinely good bloke.

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Cream

Bunks 100% correct, throughout the thread.

Proper pre season with the lads. His way, his pace. New signings.

Might take another season or two to get results. Get used to it.

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He’s not to blame for it but he’s stuck with it. To think he’ll make his mark by bringing in two or three players is delusional. I feel like I’m grassing up one of my best mates but I honestly can’t see him having the impact we need. He’s earning respect at the minute from everyone in football because he’s a genuinely good bloke.
Stuck with it !?!? What was he to do ? Public executions......

Give him a summer window FFS...

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Sandman

The lack of structure to our play is worrying, if he carries on going down the path of relying on individual moments to win us games, then he'll be in trouble.

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:57 PM
ziggyman17

£#%&! off back to Norway Ole, you are out of your depth,

Unread 28-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

will it?

how do you know that? based on what?

winning Norwegian league titles?

Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
None of the players at Leicester are Rodgers'

Seems to be doing alright and has implemented his style and plan into them...
New boss by Christmas.

Yhihf

Gone full circle and swapped places with the dippers

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
£#%&! off back to Norway Ole, you are out of your depth,
You £#%&! off to Nuremburg you #@&%!

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Unread 28-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
will it?

how do you know that? based on what?

winning Norwegian league titles?
I don't know that. How could I possibly know that?

I might suggest that it takes a manager time to get a team playing in his Molde... I might also suggest that him winning titles anywhere isn't something to be sniffed at (cough, Poch).

Fergie had only won things in Scotland, remind me of your thoughts on Scottish football again?
Closed Thread