United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Buck

Default If you ever needed proof that football journalism is a pathetic profession

Jose Mourinho’s evening at Wembley on Saturday night... as imagined by Sportsmail's Adam Crafton...

Quote:
Ah, Wembley. ‘Isn’t it beautiful, Aitor?,’ I say, nudging the Nottingham Forest manager and my former Real Madrid assistant Aitor Karanka. ‘You remember I won here in the FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham in April?’

Aitor nods. ‘But you did lose here, Jose, in the final against Chelsea. And against Tottenham in January.’

It is too early in the evening to invoke Friedrich Hegel so I grunt and shrug. Anyway, as Aitor knows all too well, Jose only wins, it’s the players who lose.

The players are walking out. Three Lions are marked out on the pitch before the game. Must be for Jose’s three (Yes, THREE) Premier Leagues at Chelsea? Or maybe Manchester United’s famous treble? Not 1999. No, no, no. The famous 2017, when I - OK, we - lifted the Community Shield, Carabao Cup and Europa League. I stand up, pirouette and present three fingers to the directors box. Jose is special.

Zlatan texts: ‘Watching England. Three Lions? I am the one true lion.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Wembley.html

Unread 10-09-2018, 03:21 AM
Stickman

looks like an extra from Orange is the new black.

Unread 10-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Jesus, what a revolting little bastard.

Looks like his face was repeatedly smashed against the headboard of his bed as he was being nonced from behind as a kid. At least I hope he was, the deformed @#%&!.

Unread 10-09-2018, 09:10 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 10-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Oh my god.

Unread 10-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Dream job.

wake up, make something up, stand behind your lie and email it in.

Unread 10-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Dream job.

wake up, make something up, stand behind your lie and email it in.
I'm all for dignity of labour but this is too far...

3 years to get a degree and you come out with this shit

Unread 10-09-2018, 11:25 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I know what to buy draggers for christmas.

Unread 10-09-2018, 01:18 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I'm all for dignity of labour but this is too far...

3 years to get a degree and you come out with this shit
The @#%&! obviously has an eye on a seat at the big table

His finely honed skills will be smearing Corbyn for his masters in no time

Unread 10-09-2018, 01:36 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Jose Mourinho’s evening at Wembley on Saturday night... as imagined by Sportsmail's Adam Crafton...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Wembley.html

Unread 10-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Fat Al

If my kids turned in a peice of shit like that for homework, I’d beat them like they were a ginger step-child.

Unread 10-09-2018, 03:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I know what to buy draggers for christmas.

Unread 10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
If my kids turned in a peice of shit like that for homework, I’d beat them like they were a ginger step-child.
You'd beat your kids if they did poorly in school?

Unread 10-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
You don't

Unread 10-09-2018, 04:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Unread 10-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Reads like a clownbones post....

Unread 10-09-2018, 04:34 PM
TheFatGoth

Just read this about Sunday Supplement

Quote:
Martin Samuel, Sid Lowe and Darren Lewis were discussing footballers switching between countries, having previously representing another country in youth football.

This was in light of Declan Rice recent flip flopping between Ireland and England.

Samuel was adamant that Rice, born in England to English parents should play for England. Same goes for Jack Grealish.

This was broadly accepted to be a reasonable opinion.

The panel went on to dicsuss Munir, a Spanish born footballer who wanted to represent Morocco in the World Cup despite having played 13 mins for Spain in the qualifiers.

Samuel again argued that he was not denied the opportunity of playing for Morocco but was in fact given the opportunity of playing for Spain, but he's not yet good enough for further honours.

So all in all quite measured. Players should only play for the country of their birth.

Until Sid Lowe pointed out, that using that logic, Raheem Sterling having been born outside England (Jamaica) should not be playing for England.

And I am quoting here.

“Yes, but Sterling is as English as they come” said Samuel. Amazing.

Unread 10-09-2018, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

You could have left "football" out of this thread title and it would have served just as well.

Unread 10-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
If they did THAT poorly, damn right.

Unread 11-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Kangared

Goofy looking mess really does think he’s both funny & relevant. Sees himself getting a Pullitzer . Lives in Camden Town, he just oozes cool
Closed Thread