United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 19-02-2013, 06:22 AM
bcred

Default French Video St Etienne v Utd 1977

Unread 19-02-2013, 06:26 AM
bcred

About 3.08 in it really starts. Really worth a look,just to see the interview with Dave Smith. Alex Stepney being a £#%&!er too.

Unread 19-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Fountz

seeing Dave Smith from the Supporters Club has just given me a flashback...

I'm sure I used to get given loads of Supporters Club booklets with mini match reviews and photographs.. at the time, I was really grateful for them.

Spent hours studying them.. doing my own stats from them.. scorers to attendances...

Happy times !

EDIT: Dave Smith did the introduction if memory serves.. hence me getting the flashback.

Unread 19-02-2013, 09:13 AM
elephantstone

I bought a house of Dave Smith....how bizarre

Unread 19-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Manchester United's 1977 European Football ban - YouTube

About 3.08 in it really starts. Really worth a look,just to see the interview with Dave Smith. Alex Stepney being a £#%&!er too.
love that film - shows how 'communist' TV was just 36 years ago as well - that's how the £#%&!ing news should be read, deadpan, no bullshit sensationalism...

stepney seemed to be trying to say the same thing as smith said, it's just that stepney is a thick as pig shit, shit-wembley-diving £#%&!tard

that bloke at the end talking about yoofa knew the score.

i need to know whether the fox made it onto that ship as well

Unread 19-02-2013, 09:40 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
love that film - shows how 'communist' TV was just 36 years ago as well - that's how the £#%&!ing news should be read, deadpan, no bullshit sensationalism...

stepney seemed to be trying to say the same thing as smith said, it's just that stepney is a thick as pig shit, shit-wembley-diving £#%&!tard

I'd smash Angela Ripon to be fair

Unread 19-02-2013, 10:09 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

before the age of the sound bite. the people interviewed had time to make and develop a point. these days you get about three seconds to make a point.

Unread 19-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
before the age of the sound bite. the people interviewed had time to make and develop a point. these days you get about three seconds to make a point.
you're right, I was saying exac....

Unread 19-02-2013, 12:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
I've got the full match of both legs against St Etienne albeit with French commentary
I might put them up in the Utd Gold thread at some point in the future

I've always found it amusing that they were the best team Liverpool played the previous season on their way to their first European Cup and had to get a jammy late goal to go through probably against the balance of play
However we beat them comfortably despite having to play the 2nd leg at Home Park in Plymouth a few months later

BTW here are highlights of the 2nd leg at Home Park

Unread 19-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I've got the full match of both legs against St Etienne albeit with French commentary

I've always found it amusing that they were the best team Liverpool played the previous season on their way to their first European Cup and had to get a jammy late goal to go through probably against the balance of play
However we beat them comfortably despite having to play the 2nd leg at Home Park in Plymouth a few months later

BTW here are highlights of the 2nd leg at Home Park
tbf I remember that game at Anfield off Sportsnight as being a cracking game, with Liverpool making the type of comeback perfected by United under Fergie

Unread 19-02-2013, 02:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
you're right, I was saying exac....
Actually, all the stuff on that clip *before* the news is fascinating. And still the best BBC News jingle ever

Unread 19-02-2013, 06:32 PM
HarkNowHear

Ree-vee or Revvy

Unread 20-02-2013, 04:27 AM
bcred

I watched the home leg on the big screen at OT ...I think.
I was only a lad and spent a bomb getting to France,no way was Plymouth on the cards on a Wed.

Next home game was a belter too the Porto match.

My avatar is a pic of me taken in Paris on the way to St Etienne.

Unread 20-02-2013, 04:35 AM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Id love to see them both mate.Cheers.

Unread 20-02-2013, 04:39 AM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I bought a house of Dave Smith....how bizarre
Did you not know who he was Stoney?