United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Drexl

Default Manchester United cause climate change

Oh look. We are the villains because our lads got a flight home.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-utd-29328419

There are literally figuratively zillions of flights every day, but this lazy journo decides to criticise us.

It's really taken the shine off the cup win tbf

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:29 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

Oh look. We are the villains because our lads got a flight home.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-utd-29328419

There are literally figuratively zillions of flights every day, but this lazy journo decides to criticise us.

It's really taken the shine off the cup win tbf
They do have a point, but if they used almost any other club to highlight it then no one would give a shit.

Maybe it would be better to have a pop at the people responsible for scheduling a Wembley cup final for tea time on a Sunday when there is another game just three days later.

I think it's time for a Manchester United Train. Could have all the treatment, warm up/down kit etc on board. Could look something like this

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:31 AM
dunk

They had a bitch about Liverpool taking a flight home from Newcastle last week tbf.

It’s ridiculous though, did you see the Private Jet map from after the SuperBowl?

At least the football team flights are probably carrying 50+ people.

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I think it's time for a Manchester United Train. Could have all the treatment, warm up/down kit etc on board. Could look something like this

They do have a point, but it's such a drop in the ocean it isn't even worth mentioning.

Why not target people going on holiday? Or the business flights? Or Doris down the street having her heating on full blast but her bedroom window is open?

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:04 PM
believe

Probably why the Qataris are so keen to buy us.

MUFC - Net Zero Champions 2030

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:07 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

They do have a point, but it's such a drop in the ocean it isn't even worth mentioning.

Why not target people going on holiday? Or the business flights? Or Doris down the street having her heating on full blast but her bedroom window is open?
Because again, no one cares

If high profile organisations are highlighted and they change their behaviour it will filter down to everyone else.

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:12 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Because again, no one cares

If high profile organisations are highlighted and they change their behaviour it will filter down to everyone else.
But (this is a point I bore the missus with) it's throwing the responsibility for climate change onto us as individuals. Carbon foot print? £#%&! off

It's heavy industry and third world countries using old energy tech that are causing climate change, not david de gea having a bbq in his back garden

It disgusts me.

and targeting united when they should be targetting (say) polluters like mcdonalds (sorry ethers), well.

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Puts me off the whole thing, makes me care even less, almost want to burn tyres in the back garden, with the heating on and all windows open...

Unread 28-02-2023, 12:20 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Puts me off the whole thing, makes me care even less, almost want to burn tyres in the back garden, with the heating on and all windows open...
and me!

It almost makes me tribal. Have this, #@&%!s, he says, burning his old shed, waving a teatowel to send the smoke towards his blu neighbours
Closed Thread